Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Off Topic Chat Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Dublin_Bud wrote: »
    Alternatively, log on to www.usivote.com and read through all 6 of the funding options that are there and make up your own mind which is best.

But to echo the above, please vote - all you really need are your DIT email login details.

:D

Actually, out of curiosity, what was the result of that poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Can someone please give me a kick up the rear to motivate me into finishing my CA please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Can someone please give me a kick up the rear to motivate me into finishing my CA please?
    You don't want the stress of repeats. Trust me. They mess up ALL the summer plans.

/kicks
    Do your CA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

/kicks
    Do your CA!
    Voltwad wrote: »
    You don't want the stress of repeats. Trust me. They mess up ALL the summer plans.

Thanks, guys! Got up at nine to finish it so hopefully I'll be finished for one, eep!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Got into third year bitches!!!got ok mark on an essay I put off for ages but the one I spent weeks prepping got 38% what the hell!it dosent matter though because I passed by compensation but still I thought id done well in that one.

Passed all my exams!

3rd year here I come!

Fuck yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Didn't pass all my exams!

Repeats here I come..

So how do I go about repeating exams now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I should be going into 3rd year...1st year here I come! Woop!

• Advertisement

Didn't pass all my exams!

Repeats here I come..

So how do I go about repeating exams now?

Sorry to hear it!

You'll get a supplemental exam timetable in the post telling you where and when your repeats are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭overshoot

yehaw 5 years of DIT is done and im free!!! think im running out of the ability to celebrate though

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Isis20

Is there wifi on DIT at audigierstreet (the business and marketing part)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Isis20 wrote: »
    Is there wifi on DIT at audigierstreet (the business and marketing part)?

There's definitely wifi in Aungier Street, yeah. All campuses (campi?) have wifi throughout afaik

There's definitely wifi in Aungier Street, yeah. All campuses (campi?) have wifi throughout afaik
    Aah thanks for the quick response :)
    Guess Ill buy an Ipad or Galaxy Tab if i get in then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Cathal brugha/Marlborough street has terrible wifi. Afaik you can only get it in the library, the canteen and one or two other places. You can however get the wifi from the Gresham in some parts. I can't understand how in 2012, there isn't wifi access in the whole building.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Cathal brugha/Marlborough street has terrible wifi. Afaik you can only get it in the library, the canteen and one or two other places. You can however get the wifi from the Gresham in some parts. I can't understand how in 2012, there isn't wifi access in the whole building.
    Oh, Im not sure where that is, but I hope i dont end up there ;)
    By the way, at my Dutch university there is terrible wifi on the 9th floor as well, I can only imagine how it must be on the 10th, 11th and so on.

Aungier Street has pretty good wifi. There's two networks, DITwifi and DITLan.

The DITLan one is better, and gives you access to the printing network, but it's a pain in the ass to set up. The DITwifi one is much easier, just enter your Student Number and password, but because it's easier it's much more popular and is a little slow sometimes.

Come to think of it, the basement is a little dodgy for wifi, but other than that it's grand. All the class rooms/lecture theatres are covered, so is the restaurant, java, labs and the library.

Sounds ok :)
    Who knows I might ever see one of you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rygus9

does DIT cover or discount bus and train fares??

also, i am from canada. 19 year old guy here for film and broadcasting for 4 years. anyone else in that program, anyone else come here from elsewhere for 4 years? im scared beyond belief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

rygus9 wrote: »

also, i am from canada. 19 year old guy here for film and broadcasting for 4 years. anyone else in that program, anyone else come here from elsewhere for 4 years? im scared beyond belief

I'm going into year 3 of F&B. Any questions, just ask! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jessiblah

I'm doing Film & Broadcasting with Irish, but I'd imagine we'll be in some lectures together. I think our inductions are mashed into one anyway seeing as they're at the same time in the same room, so I'll probably see you on Wednesday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

A friend of mine is starting 1st year in the BIMM bass course. A lot of those guys seem to be pretty cool. Don't be surprised if they get all of the cool parties started throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

You need to get a Student Travel Card, which entitles you to discounts. For €15, the Students' Union can print yours instantly.

Weekly and Monthly tickets offer the best discounts but there's a slight discount on individual journeys too.

Advertisement