Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Feel free to join me at the bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Mid table is a bloodbath in this league!!

Yeah lot of competition coming up for playoff places.
    No.1 is locked up but after that there are only 10.5 games separating 12 teams (2-13) for 5 playoff places, or a more tightly bunched mid-table of 8 teams from 5-12 separated by only 3.5 games.

Have gone 40-20 last 6 weeks to push myself into contention for playoff spot after an awful start, although my closer strategy has taken a hit with Brett Myers being traded to the White Sox, almost useless to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sweet Jesus, I've had my arse handed to me by Mikes Magicians this week. From pushing for a top 6 spot to being in 'relegation' trouble in one week!!

It looks like my team doesn't like to hit on Sundays, every week Sunday kills me.

Good week for Mike. I beat Los Marineros 7-1, who I think he was close or tied with. Guy had 2 DL hitters as starters and hasn't been active in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

5 weeks to go and the Playoff race is getting tight

1: Looks safe
    2: Likely for a bye week
    3: Should make playoffs
    4-11: Separated by 5.5 points (only 3.5 between 5-11)

untitled.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

5 weeks to go and the Playoff race is getting tight

1: Looks safe
    2: Likely for a bye week
    3: Should make playoffs
    4-11: Separated by 5.5 points (only 3.5 between 5-11)

My Boys of Summer are on the slide since Jose Bautista went on the DL. There's also talk of the Nationals shutting down Stephen Strasburg soon, which would be another blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

My team will probably slow down as well (Dublin Turtles) - Chris Sale is not getting as many starts from here on in I believe, they don't want to wear him out (his first year as a starter) and in general my pitching hasn't been great recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

padraig_f wrote: »
    since Jose Bautista went on the DL.
    Tell me about him, I own him in keeper league 1 and I'm no too confident in him been back soon. Injury doesn't seem to be improving :(

As for this league I've crawled by way upto fourth on the back of solid pitching. Batting is still too inconsistent though. I'll be happy to finish in the top 6 and play it there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

ì was in third place before i went on holiday 3 weeks ago, and now i'm tenth! aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhh!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Oh Ubaldo Jimenez, you're no good for my nerves

Wins last night and gets 10Ks

And was horrendous the last two starts

Will probably win next time and then get hammered the next few times

Like flipping a coin with ya, either very good or very bad

Top Tip: Stream SP against the Astros. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Left Jason Kubel on the bench last night by mistake...

gutted to have missed out on these stats in a tight gameweek

2/5 2 2 4 0 .400

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »

It looks like my team doesn't like to hit on Sundays, every week Sunday kills me.

Here we go again. Very close in 4 of the batting categories going into tonight, so my shower of wasters have started 1 for 21!!!

Get those trades in

Deadline is this Sunday ;)

Who has Melky?....

Two weeks to go :eek:

Top two teams have been holding steady for the last while, heading for a bye probably

3 and 4 look good too for the play-offs

Very close for the rest! Anyone could get in, all the way up to the 12th team

218543.jpg

had a nice 9-1 winning week last week which has helped me no end. This week up against the last-placed Isotopes so my fingers are crossed for something decent to hopefully push for 3 or 4th place in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

happy with my win....disappointed I dropped 2 places!!
    Mainly due to summer skinners...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Must say am enjoying the league and the deeper aspect of it. Got some awful hammerings early on - Artful Dodgers- after a poor draft (Ellsbury, Sandoval and Hosmer in my top 5 and most of my bottom ten picks now in the minors...). Slowly turning it around now but it's taken 94 moves. I'm up to the heady heights of 11th and the boys of summer are in my sights now! There's an outside chance of playoffs but it could be anyone really...

Difficult to look beyond Nama for the title - both Trout and Miguel Cabrera on the team.

Just heard on a podcast 50% of teams with Trout in them are winning their leagues, and 70% are 1st or 2nd. (ESPN leagues though)

Saw Ricky Romero trending on twitter. Hopes went through the roof.

sigh
    Howie Decker ‏@HowardTheDeck

Ricky Romero with another sparkling performance. 1 IP, 7 earned.
    JB Brubaker ‏@JB_Burns_Red

Ricky Romero just not having things go his way this afternoon. Yikes.
    Ricky Romero
    (Tor - SP) Player notes
    ^ TB Bot 2, 0-7 0 0 0 63.00 9.00

• Advertisement

What has happened to Ricky Romero? He's doing the inverse of Jeremy Guthrie at the minute. Can't trust either of them full stop.

This league is mad tight. Currently getting tonked 7 -1 by SummerSkinners (only Thursday - hope springs eternal!) and Stat tracker has me down 5 places to 11th. So much for play off hopes.....:)

This league is mad tight. Currently getting tonked 7 -1 by SummerSkinners (only Thursday - hope springs eternal!) and Stat tracker has me down 5 places to 11th. So much for play off hopes.....:)
    Yep it is very tight for the playoff spots. I'm not even losing my matchup (in a 5-5 tie) and I have dropped from 3rd to 6th...

What has happened to Ricky Romero? He's doing the inverse of Jeremy Guthrie at the minute. Can't trust either of them full stop.

can't access stat tracker at work, anyone able to tell me where i am right now?

7-3 up against the Artful Dodgers, but it's so tight that i could easily finish the week 9-1 down...

summerskin wrote: »
    can't access stat tracker at work, anyone able to tell me where i am right now?

7-3 up against the Artful Dodgers, but it's so tight that i could easily finish the week 9-1 down...
    You are 3rd, half a matchup point ahead of 4th through 6th who have the each same record. I'm actually placed 4th now having gained half a matchup point back last night...

wow, it's very very close. how many teams make the play offs?

summerskin wrote: »
    wow, it's very very close. how many teams make the play offs?
    Top 6 make the championship playoff bracket, while the next 6 make the consolation playoff bracket. Top 2 teams in each bracket receive a bye for the 1st week of the playoffs...

scraped in by the skin of my teeth after a 5-5 week against the artful dodgers. was up in the air to the very end.

Awesome, made it to the playoffs in 5th spot :D

Dropped to 7th on the last night. Fell one run and one RBI short of two half points against Summer Skinners. Made a couple of mistakes during the week and didn't update the team - made the difference in the end. Bah. Best of luck to the rest of ye. Twas fun while it lasted....:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Cant believe I lost that way to nama rama. I left a starter out cos i didnt get online yesterday he pitched 8 innings with a 1.13 whip would have definitely brought my weeks whip down.

Drawing 5-5 and losing on countback is sick, i lost whip by .02

Advertisement