Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got my very first update just now (ever) On Three here if anyone's interested. Was hoping to get slide brightness but I don't think it came in this one. On version 4.0.4. Is slide brightness on at default or off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

OREGATO wrote: »
    If you're referring to the link I put up, that's the stock ICS keyboard so it should be good enough
    Thanks.
    I think I'll revert to the Samsung keyboard for my more important passwords (banking, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

god's toy wrote: »
    Got my very first update just now (ever) On Three here if anyone's interested. Was hoping to get slide brightness but I don't think it came in this one. On version 4.0.4. Is slide brightness on at default or off?

Got it too

downloaded but not installed yet

In the version I have the slide brightness its default on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I've downloaded 4.0.4 and installed and now my facebook and twitter aps are funked

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭dango

I downloaded an update today but when it tried to install it failed. Am I missing out on much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Had the same problem with the twitter and facebook app after installing the update. Just deleted and re-installed. Working better now as I was having problems with the pics syncing to the contacts before update. All good now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    Had the same problem with the twitter and facebook app after installing the update. Just deleted and re-installed. Working better now as I was having problems with the pics syncing to the contacts before update. All good now. :D

It also changed alot of my settings, disabled swype type input on the stock key board etc

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

i updated to the latest version there yesterday and have 0 issues... nothing disabled etc like you guys are reporting, swpye and facebook working as per normal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Updated yesterday too and everything going fine. And so far seems to have fixed the touchwiz lag when going back to the home screen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Davie89 wrote: »
    Seb_bixby wrote: »

It also changed alot of my settings, disabled swype type input on the stock key board etc

It caused problems with Facebook and witter future me so I just updated them. I haven't had the problem with the rather useful swipe type.

I'm always very anxious if system updates. I kinda updated the android version on many old HTC sensation when it was due. Caused all sorts of nuisance.

Grrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Have taken a punt on this car holder.

€4.82! Worth a shot.

Don't get it if you're in a rush though. Free shipping is great but it can take up to a month with dealextreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

fionny wrote: »
    Red is exclusive to one carrier in the US.
    Anyone know if it will be available in any different colours soon?I was going to buy one but am not too fond of the colours available at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭oleras

I have noticed since the update yesterday when i get a txt msg i can only access it from the notification bar rather than the app on the home screen, just does not respond, maybe a reboot is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

ì like the newest update. the new pics when making calls and having incoming. even the new alarm going off picture are all nice.
    its just aesthetically more pleasing update from what i see

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

The 3 update is firmware version XXALF6. It doesn't effect the network lock, seems to have fixed the home screen redraw delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Does anyone ever have a problem with the Facebook app I can never tag anyone in posts it says content too large

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Well lads, was with a friend last night who has an S3 aswell and he was showing me how to download paid apps for free and how to run them without having got them via the market. I was just wondering do many of ye do this? and would this change in setting void my contract or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Its called piracy and I doubt you'll get much help from anyone here. The apps are not expensive - why not just pay for them?
    Well lads, was with a friend last night who has an S3 aswell and he was showing me how to download paid apps for free and how to run them without having got them via the market. I was just wondering do many of ye do this? and would this change in setting void my contract or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

If you read my post i clearly stated he just showed me, i posted here then to get feedback on this, while i appreciate your feedback theres really no need for such a crappy response. I have paid for every app on my phone, i didn't even know until last night that you could do it any other way!
    elderlemon wrote: »
    Its called piracy and I doubt you'll get much help from anyone here. The apps are not expensive - why not just pay for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

If you read my post i clearly stated he just showed me, i posted here then to get feedback on this, while i appreciate your feedback theres really no need for such a crappy response. I have paid for every app on my phone, i didn't even know until last night that you could do it any other way!

What feedback did you expect.? Obviously he is downloading illegal copies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Well apart from being just wrong (it's not like the apps cost the earth or anything) if the apps are not coming from the android market but some other back ally one then I would be very carful. That is how many people got infected phones... Just something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

If you think there is a bit of lag try Settings-> developer options-> and Window animation scale and Transition Animation scale -> change both of those to 0.5x (or 0 for both, for instant reactions). The phone now runs like the beast it was born to be.

I think it makes a huge difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Hi guys I'm guessing most of you have 64 GB micro sd cards? If so where did you find was the best place to get them from that ships to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Any word on the launch of the 32GB S3?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

looking to get a 32g micro sd for this.. what class card its the best .. and where online is reputable??? cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

opti76 wrote: »
    looking to get a 32g micro sd for this.. what class card its the best .. and where online is reputable??? cheers.

CL10 is what you need
    http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/microsdhc-sdsecuredigital.html#Type=microSDHC&page=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

got my class 10 from mymemory for €14 , delivered in about 5 days. Not bad.
    opti76 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

got my class 10 from mymemory for €14 , delivered in about 5 days. Not bad.

A 16GB im guessing?

Advertisement