Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAGE CONTENDER XII : DUBLIN : 25 FEB 2012

• 18-10-2011 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

CAGE CONTENDER WELTERWEIGHT TITLE

Cathal "The Punisher" Pendred (SBGi) v Chris "The Westside Strangler" Brennan (Next Generation)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Wow. That'll be great! Thought Chris would be lighter but he must have gotten bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Wow. That'll be great! Thought Chris would be lighter but he must have gotten bigger.

He has fought at LW but was also King of the Cage world MW champ twice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

Nice step up in levels for Cathal...Chris has lost 4/5 recently and is a big name to put on his record !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Sounds good:D! How about Tom Maguire vs Greg Loughran that match has been waiting to happen for a while. Havent seen Chris Fields in a while would like to see how he matches up against Jake Hecht :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

Yep Chris and Jake would be sweeeet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

wow that'll be cool :D

well ye know as ye get older ye get slightly heavier like :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

man, jake and chris is a fight i'd love to see! both awesome fighters. been very impressed with the fights I've seen of Jake since he's come over, the dude is super talented.

Saw Chris against Mario Staple in Cork and he was doing well until Mario's injury.

That'd be a great fight to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Roar wrote: »
    man, jake and chris is a fight i'd love to see! both awesome fighters. been very impressed with the fights I've seen of Jake since he's come over, the dude is super talented.

Saw Chris against Mario Staple in Cork and he was doing well until Mario's injury.

That'd be a great fight to see!

I believe Chris is signed with another organisation folks not sure if would be possible - would LOVE to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

I believe Chris is signed with another organisation folks not sure if would be possible - would LOVE to see it!

As far as I know he is able to fight for CC as long as he is defending his title.
    Would be a great fight on CC or CW when they come to Dublin in May

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

wow! crazy fight. well done cage contender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Noise will be made! Awesome fights will be lapped up! Hangover will be unprecedented!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Cathal "The Punisher" Pendred (SBGi) v Chris "The Westside Strangler" Brennan (Next Generation)

Would not have imagined this fight. I suppose the smart money has to go on Chris

Would be some scalp for cathal and would open some eyes. Wish him all the best

Would not have imagined this fight

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I think Cathal has to be favourite for this to be honest. Chris hasn't fought in two years and hasn't won in 4. He has competed against some seriously top notch competition though and this should be a great fight and would be a great win for Cathal.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

what a fight to start with there...

can you keep that standard for the rest of the card now John lol

great work sir, worth the entry fee alone for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Wow just looking back over Chris's record and never realised he'd fought McKee. Great fight John, congratulations. Any idea where it'll take place?

Xlami wrote: »

Wow just looking back over Chris's record and never realised he'd fought McKee. Great fight John, congratulations. Any idea where it'll take place?

National Basketball Arena, Tallaght, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 19 trev77

id also love to see jake hecht vs chris fields, can you get that fight on the card john the fans want it?

CAGE CONTENDER LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

Marius Lapenas (MMA Lucan) v John Michael Shiel (SBGi)

john seems to be avoiding commenting on jake hecht vs chris fields for some reason. i would have thought this would be a big crowd puller

• Advertisement

trev77 wrote: »
    john seems to be avoiding commenting on jake hecht vs chris fields for some reason. i would have thought this would be a big crowd puller

I don't want to comment on a fight where both guys are contracted to another promotion.

is the situnation not that they can fight on cc if its a title fight and as far as i know jake hecht is not contracted to any promotion
    I don't want to comment on a fight where both guys are contracted to another promotion.

trev77 wrote: »
    is the situnation not that they can fight on cc if its a title fight and as far as i know jake hecht is not contracted to any promotion

I know what the situation is with Chris, and I haven't asked about Jake. The fight is not of interest to me for this event.

ah well, hopefully cage warriors will put it on so

178606.JPG

TICKETS NOW ON SALE HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Richy06 wrote: »
    I think Cathal has to be favourite for this to be honest. Chris hasn't fought in two years and hasn't won in 4. He has competed against some seriously top notch competition though and this should be a great fight and would be a great win for Cathal.

Chris's age will be a disadvantage but his experience will compensate for this. Cathal's size will be his advantage along with his youth. In terms of conditioning, it will probably be fairly even, despite chris's lay off and age, he is basically a fitness coach (afaik).

Cathal's strengths are beating people up in the clinch and on the ground. I'm not sure if he'll be confident enough to try and beat Chris up from chris's guard, Chris has kimura's from literally every position on the ground. Cathal's camp will be weary of this, so I predict them trying to keep it standing and win the decision.

If Chris can take Cathal down I think he'll submit him within a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

its an honor for me to have one of my guys fight chris. he was actually the first guy i learned 'proper' no gi jits and mma from when i went to the states back in 2000 for the first time (along with david jones who went on to set up NG with chris here).
    i've trained with chris many times and he has taught me a lot about the sport, weight cutting etc. all that aside he's one of nicest guys i've met in the game, treated us so well when we were over with him. as i've said it'll be an honor to have one of my fighters compete against him, sorta like a star wars jedi apprentice moment :)

CAGE CONTENDER XII : DUBLIN : 25th FEB 2012

MAIN EVENT

Cathal "The Punisher" Pendred v Chris "The Westside Strangler" Brennan

Get your tickets HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Chris Brennan responds: http://www.fightireland.com/2011/10/chris-brennan-responds-to-his-matchup.html *

(*may be a joke)

Dont be mad! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

why would that make anyone mad? #sh1tstirfail

Advertisement