Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photos: Hardware

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

First of all Lovely rifle Mark, seen her in action and she certainly does the Biz on the foxes!

Second thing, N.O.I.P. I love that sig line, big fan of the A-Team, corny and all as it was.

Last but not least, my new shooting iron. Remington Model 700 VL SS Thumbhole with 5.5-22x56 Nightforce NXS NP-R2 reticle.

Keeping warm at night.
    r1.jpg

First night out.
    2fox.jpg

Best group so far at 100 yards, 50 grain AE.
    Group1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Where did you get the remy ? How much ? I'm looking for one in ruger

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Thanks john i certainly have to say the same about your rifle lovely gun the pics look a lot better on this site far easier to see them when there on a larger scale.I wish you the best of luck with that gun if you drop as many with the remmy as you did with the tikka you wont be doing to bad;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

johngalway wrote:
    First of all Lovely rifle Mark, seen her in action and she certainly does the Biz on the foxes!

Second thing, N.O.I.P. I love that sig line, big fan of the A-Team, corny and all as it was.

Last but not least, my new shooting iron. Remington Model 700 VL SS Thumbhole with 5.5-22x56 Nightforce NXS NP-R2 reticle.

Beautiful rifle, I looked at one when I was buying my T3 Tac. The stock is very confortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Here's a page I found with a link to a .700 Nitro Express video (6 1/2 minutes) that the hardware junkies might like-
    http://www.ferlachguns.com/mm/megavideo.htm

Not dialup friendly I'm afraid, 41MB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Ahh... just the thing for those pesky wabbits .. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

.243 wrote:
    since this thread has gone to "any hardware" section here's my other rifle
    remington 700 on a hs precision stock,realtree finish,.243 ackley improved ,8x32x50 burris black diamond and a pes moderator. ssl11315sr9.jpg

just to let yis know this will be on display in birr this week with some extra modifications done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

saw it today at the stand!very nice rifle.great oversized bolt handle:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Took the plunge last month and traded in my Mossberg Pump for the Stoeger M2000 semi-auto. Fab gun. Light & points well. Five chokes included. Cycles the 28, 32, 34 & 52gr cartridges no prob so far & no jams as yet. Five shot (4+1).... Also updated my .223 & .22lr pics....

(.243, Tikka & JohnGalway, they are fine looking rifles there)...

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

Remmy wrote:
    saw it today at the stand!very nice rifle.great oversized bolt handle:D

cheers remmy,ill stick it up when i get it back finished,the bolt handle was the talking point alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FMrFox

An AK? I would have thought they would be prohibited. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

FMrFox wrote:
    An AK? I would have thought they would be prohibited. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?
    Are you referring to the one in harmoniums' post? If so, I'm pretty sure he's in a different jurisdiction on the far side of the Atlantical Sea.
    As to their being prohibited here, in semi-auto format they'd be no more prohibited than any other EBR (Evil Black Rifle); i.e., not impossible, but difficult to get past the 'idontlikedalookodat' test.

While I'm here, here's my CZ-75 TS with the latest bling stuck to it-
    cz75tsab5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

Occasionally I like to do a bit of this.

Image017.jpg

The gun is a 20 bore (0.62) smooth bore with a 46 inch barrel. It shoots a 0.60 PRB (patched round ball) and also doubles up as a shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Cool! Is it acurate? Could you hit a bean tin from 30 yards for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Far more accurate than that Alan, I've seen black powder used out to 100 yards on relatively small targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Thought twas about time I put up pic of my rifle.

Its a CZ .22lr. Has Hawke scope, Harris bipod & Parker & hawle sound moderator.

Hope ye like.

Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cmd17hmr

Thought twas about time I put up pic of my rifle.

Its a CZ .22lr. Has Hawke scope, Harris bipod & Parker & hawle sound moderator.

Hope ye like.

Ian

i didnt think that a style came with fixed sights did u change the stock or the barrel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

cmd17hmr wrote:
    i didnt think that a style came with fixed sights did u change the stock or the barrel?

Ya I didnt either but when I opened the box thats what was inside. no stock or barrel change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Here's my latest acquisition. I'll post a few more piccies and descriptions for the target shooters out there on the Target Photos thread when I get a chance.

Lefthand.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Nice...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cmd17hmr

Ya I didnt either but when I opened the box thats what was inside. no stock or barrel change.

suppose u cant go wrong with dat its a longer barrel than the style as far as i can remember.
    happy shootin

Here is my collection :
    familyphoto.jpg

At the front is a marlin 917varmint stainless .17hmr behind that is tikka t3 tactical .223 then the under+over is a beretta silver pigeon 3 to the right of the silver pigeon is a beretta al391 ulrika semi-auto both shotties are 12g
    (All the guns are totally empty and safe)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

smashin collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

lovely collection of guns mark:)

thanks john and steve:)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Scalachi

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forums, i have hopefully attrached a picture of my new ruger, i have a new stock and VQ Match barrel on the way.

I laso have a CZ452 Style, with a Harris Bipod and 10-40 x 50 scope, and a Zafer O/U Shotgun.

pict1393jt8.th.jpg

Hi

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

777032.jpg
    heres my miroku 38 trap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

swift2.JPG

Rem 700 VS SF

• Advertisement

revan23 wrote: