Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst case senario

• 01-08-2012 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I have a feeling this tread has probably been brought up before. But i am only new:D. For me if Z-day happend it would be if i was away in spain on hoilday as i do not keep up with the news while away and the main objective is to relax and drink. With no Knowlege of the the terrain or safe places to go and a vary little grasp on the local langauge I belive that myself and the few friends that i would be with would br up sh*t creek without a paddle with no hope of getting back to family or friends of surviving at all.

What do you think would be the wost possible situation you could find your self if an out break happend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Good thread! That would be my worst case too but id have my other half and kids with me.

Good tip if your going away, always check where your embassy is and how to get there incase anything happenes, not just a zombie invasion :rolleyes: could be a terrorist attack, flood, earthquake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I tend to do a lot of sports but I am plagued by hamstring injuries, I would be an absolute shocker for me if I managed to tear/pull one before a zombie invasion, I would be first on the menu!
    Suppose another worst case for me is being trapped in a room with no way out or food/water or any proper tool to kill myself, the temptation to wait and see do the zombies bugger off with a bit of luck with the chance of starving to death or just to run out arms swinging at them and go down fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

something simular came up before .... but good thread to re-invent.

Some of the tips from before were boiled down to:
    worst place is somewhere you dont frequent often or strange / foreign territory (holidays, away from home etc) , so tip is to be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye out for safe zones from the start of your holiday. Good places to look out for are old cinemas (old ones have less windows doors), jewlers shops (they sometimes have metal roll-up window / door shutters ), food stores, petrol stations (good supply of everything, and lots of stuff round the back). Of course, all these locations are prone to having Z's in them, and a dark theatre with Z's is prob worst nightmare. But outbreak will not take minutes or hours, it will take days to take hold. So best place for initial outbreak is always your home (or holiday accomodiation)

Worst case for me would be to be stuck miles away from family and not knowing how they are :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Waking up in a hospital with the infected and a broken leg..I still think in TWD / 28 Days later they got out of there fairly handy all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Good places to look out for are old cinemas (old ones have less windows doors),
    You do need to be careful with places like this too. A limited amount of entrances also means you have a limited amount of escape routes. One thing Spain has is a lot of empty space with no people, so finding somewhere in the country could be just as suitable.

If your in southern Spain you should be alight for food, they have miles and miles of farms that get 2 or 3 grows a year. It would get you through the initial outbreak but most those farms would die out once their not maintained and watered.

If you could pass yourself off as a doctor or someone with a valuable skill you may be less likely to be killed by other people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

proberly on the moon. Imagine if Z-day came and all of huminaty got wiped out and you happen to be on an astronomy mission to the moon. How would you get back to earth? You only have supplies to last you a few days/weeks. when they run out you would slowly starve to death. That is the worst i can think of anyway.

ps. new to Z-survival

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

proberly on the moon. Imagine if Z-day came and all of huminaty got wiped out and you happen to be on an astronomy mission to the moon. How would you get back to earth? You only have supplies to last you a few days/weeks. when they run out you would slowly starve to death. That is the worst i can think of anyway.

ps. new to Z-survival

would be a total nightmare if you were alergic to cheese up there too!

ps. new to Z-survival
    I would be very surprised if NASA didn't have some back up plan should any one of their missions lose radio contact with earth. I think they could probably ditch the mission and return to earth without to much of a problem. If it's a shuttle it can land at any airport, if it's like an Apollo ship (much more likely) they could end up lost at sea when they return to earth. Having said all that I would say if anyone could survive the landing and somehow find their way back to land on their own, it would be astronauts. They would probably have a pool going for whether they're going to find smart monkeys or zombies.

It's a shame but the shuttles are all retired now, not entirely sure what kind of manned transport NASA are using for their space program(s), if any..

details here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_retirement

and also..

They have a new giant version of the Apollo type rockets in the works last I heard. Apparently it's still cheaper to send up multiple stage rockets, these new ones were supposed to be able to carry much more weight though.

They have some other shuttle in the works for a while now that was completely automated.

The space race has just stalled lately. It looks like orbit or robots for the foreseeable future, in today's world economy until space flight becomes vital or profitable we won't see much happening. There is loads happening in the background making future space flight easier just a lack of funding and interest.

• Advertisement

ahh i think it's been stalled since 1969 tbh

i want zombie martians!

ahh i think it's been stalled since 1969 tbh

i want zombie martians!

what if we are invaded by zombie aliens?? :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

what if we are invaded by zombie aliens?? :eek:

how would we know they were Zombies if they weren't humanoids of some form??

how would we know they were Zombies if they weren't humanoids of some form??

Good question!!!

Maby if Z-day happened to some alien plantet and they couldn't get rid of them so they teleported them to earth with a messege saying sorry but they had no other choice and the letter wishes us the best of luck

but yea. I have no idea :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Good question!!!

Maby if Z-day happened to some alien plantet and they couldn't get rid of them so they teleported them to earth with a messege saying sorry but they had no other choice and the letter wishes us the best of luck

but yea. I have no idea :o

I think its more aliens land and as we have learnt from movies a military presence is usually a bad idea we send a bunch of political and sciencey types instead. The aliens tell us about their research into never ending life that they haven't perfected yet and its an airborne solution. It leaks out of a container or some craic like that which turns them into Zombies (not us we have different respiratory system) a few of them go nuts and start clawing and biting at our representatives and thus creating the transfer by bite and blood that we know from the movies. We run of the ship they fly away scientist get rushed to hospital (I'm assuming the politicians died ar were kept by the aliens and that 50% of the representatives wer infected) and then Z day begins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

for me it would be if i was in a urban area like dublin id be more likely to survive in a rural area

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

For me it would be if they were sprinters. They are just so damn fast!
    At least with shufflers all you have to do is make sure that you do not get boxed in and you could still walk around the place for supplies and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭pompeyboi

What about if you were in an elevator that was going down and u realise the floor ur about to go to was full of zombies and the door will open automatically. ur screwed unless u press the emergency stop. then ur trapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

pompeyboi wrote: »
    What about if you were in an elevator that was going down and u realise the floor ur about to go to was full of zombies and the door will open automatically. ur screwed unless u press the emergency stop. then ur trapped.

When the door opens, very calmly hit the button to go back down. Noises or sudden movements and you're done for. You just might get away with it if you don't give them an opportunity to notice you.

Worst case scenario for me would be if my best friend didn't survive the initial outbreak. Most of our plans assume that we're both alive and able to work together. :P I'm the brains, he's the brawn.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I'm the brains, he's the brawn.
    It sounds like you may be the first to go so. :pac:

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    It sounds like you may be the first to go so. :pac:

I can handle myself just fine :pac:. He's just better at it. :D

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I can handle myself just fine :pac:. He's just better at it. :D

do you get manhandled a lot Zomg?

do you get manhandled a lot Zomg?

Karate training. A week goes by without being thrown on the floor, I get disappointed. :P

Advertisement