Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Wont Load Profile

• 20-02-2012 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Hoping ye can help. Have a dell inspiron. When you go to enter the password, it keeps saying:
    "The user profile service failed to logon. User profile cannot be loaded".
    Dont have any other profile which to logon under. Just cannot get past that error above.
    Help!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try accessing the "Administrator" profile from safe mode (tap F8 repeatedly at startup and choose Safe Mode).
    That should give you access to the user's folder in Documents and Settings XP/Users in Vista/7.
    Make a new user profile with Cotrol Panel>User Accounts and copy the files over

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Enable Built-in Administrator Account

log on as administrator in safe mode

First you’ll need to open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box)

566d1229784233t-built-administrator-account-enable-disable-command_enable.jpg

Now type the following command:

net user administrator /active:yes

563d1229784233t-built-administrator-account-enable-disable-log-.jpg

You should see a message that the command completed successfully. reboot, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

This error may occur if the "Do not logon users with temporary profiles" Group Policy setting is configured.

log on as administrator and

1. Click Start

2. In Start Search programs and files (Windows 7) area, type in regedit, and press Enter.
    3. If prompted by UAC, click Yes (Windows 7).
    4. In Registry Editor, go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    5. In the left pane, look for the folder name starting with S-1-5 (SID key) followed by a long number. then click each folder and locate ProfileImagePath from the right pane, double click to verify that this is the user account profile that has the error.

2493037.png

if you have two folders starting with S-1-5 followed by same long nubmers and one of them ended with .bak. Change the .bak folder to normal one. To do this, follow the steps below:

a. Right click the folder without .bak and choose Rename. Then add .ba at the end of the folder name.

2493038.png

b. Right click the folder with .bak and choose Rename. Then remove .bak at the end of the folder name.

2493039.png

c. Right click the folder with .ba and choose Rename. Then change the .ba to .bak at the end of the folder name.

2493040.png

if you have only one folder starting with S-1-5 followed by a long numbers and ended with .bak. Right click the folder and choose Rename. Then remove .bak at the end of the folder name.

6. Choose the folder without .bak, in the right pane, double click RefCount and type 0 and then click OK

2493045.png

7. Choose the folder without .bak, in the right pane, double click State and type 0 and then click OK.

2493046.png

8. Close Registry Editor.

9. Restart the computer.

10. Log on again with your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

hi guys. how can i fix my computer where i have to press @ to get " AND VICE VERSA. Also I have to press the pound sterling sign to get hash. ANYONE ABLE TO HELP ME

hi guys. how can i fix my computer where i have to press @ to get " AND VICE VERSA. Also I have to press the pound sterling sign to get hash. ANYONE ABLE TO HELP ME

Change default keyboard layout (in regional settings in control panel) to be English UK/Ireland and delete the US one

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    Change default keyboard layout (in regional settings in control panel) to be English UK/Ireland and delete the US one

Nick

i tried that, but it does not work. Any more ideas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

i tried that, but it does not work.

You tried that?

Shift + 3 for #, Shift + 2 for @ is most definitely the US keyboard layout.

If English Ireland/Irish is not present, you may have to add it before you can delete the US layout.

i tried that, but it does not work. Any more ideas ?

It should definately work, look here:
    193780.jpg

Nick

I finally got it to work, thanks a lot guys. Great help.

Advertisement