Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Quins5 wrote: »
    Great news Dublinlady!
    Delighted for you

17wks 4days yay! starting to get a round belly becoming more and more obvious, i also find im just sticking it out too! I just dont seem to be able to 'suck it in' like I could before (iv always had a belly but this is different)

feels much harder to the touch than the rest of my squashy belly :D

im 17 weeks 2 days! :D def have a belly to. smaller in the mornin than the evening. i noticed the last 2 mornings it is bigger on the right side and harder than the left. and i havnt been lying on that side! once i get up it seems to settle. wierd tho. but def harder overall.

have you been feeling any movements yet? dont think i have. i feel somethin every now and then on lower left side but its probably wind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

my belly is definitely noticeable now too! I think I'll have to move to maternity clothes soon, i've been putting it off as long as possible but don't think i'll be able to hold out much longer. I hate maternity clothes! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Cottontail wrote: »
    my belly is definitely noticeable now too! I think I'll have to move to maternity clothes soon, i've been putting it off as long as possible but don't think i'll be able to hold out much longer. I hate maternity clothes! :o

Almost 16 weeks now, and my belly getting quite roundy, suppose it's because it's no3. Am holding my jeans shut with a hair go go:o. Nearly went demented looking for more jeans, all the maternity ones are far too long for me. Seemingly short women don't get pregnant:rolleyes:. Christ, the maternity clothes are rotten anyway. Was in Mothercare, and it's all blacks and greys, and mile long jeans. And pricey! Very depressing! Anyway, went into Next today, and just got couple of larger size jeans in the petite section. So I'm sorted for another while, one pair are actually really light material, with a tie string thingy on the waist. And they'll do for afterwards as well.
    Am definitely feeling some fluttering the odd time, and it's not wind:D. It's the earliest yet, was 16 weeks or so last time, when noticed any movement, and longer again the first time round.

I'm lucky enough to have made it to (almost) 21 weeks without maternity clothes, but the top button of my trousers is open now so I think it's about time to make the switch...As you say, they can be expensive and you only wear them for a short few months. I have all my maternity clothes from last time, I just have to dig them out now. The only piece of maternity clothing I really like is a cobalt blue coat I got in New Look when I was pregnant before. I'll spend the next few months alternating between 3 pairs of trousers and a couple of tops - roll on December!

Ooh, do they do maternity clothes in New Look?!. Yes, the wardrobe will be very limited between now and January. I'm going to look like a little roundy Christmas pudding this year:o

• Advertisement

They do indeed. Well, they do in the one in Enniskillen anyway, which would be the closest one to me, but I'd say they do in other branches as well. Fairly reasonably priced as well, although I find them a bit small fitting. I'd normally be a size 10 but I'd go for a 12 in their maternity section.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Ha! I've been in maternity jeans since about 13 weeks! Other than that I'm making do with loose skirts, dresses and anything I can find that is on the bigger side :o I have quite the bump now, no mistaking for anything other than baby. But I suppose with 2 in there it's kind of inevitable :pac:

I had to get new bras last week and all I will say is, do not bother getting measured in Mothercare girls! I got measured in one of their stores and the size she said I was I thought was a bit strange, they didn't have anything in that size so I left it for that day. I remembered that I had been given a recommendation for Geoghegans in Navan for bra fitting and went there. She measured me in a size 2 chest sizes down and 3 cup sizes bigger than the girl in Mothercare and when she brought me bras I couldn't believe how comfortable and supportive they were.

I am definitely feeling kicks now, although you can't feel them on the outside yet, but it is such a brilliant feeling :D

ive been getting a kind of stabbing pain in my left lower side just across from my hip. anyone havin anything similar. its been on and off the last few days. its even moke me up the last 2 nights!!

Well, I had my scan this morning, and thankfully everything went really well. Everything is where it should be and baby is a good size and all measurements were good, so I'm happy. I've also found out that I'm having a boy, so come christmas hopefully I'll be a proud mammy to two lovely little boys. I couldn't be happier right now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Well, I had my scan this morning, and thankfully everything went really well. Everything is where it should be and baby is a good size and all measurements were good, so I'm happy. I've also found out that I'm having a boy, so come christmas hopefully I'll be a proud mammy to two lovely little boys. I couldn't be happier right now. :D

Cottontail, that's brilliant news!!!! Did you find out the sex of the baby with your first baby as well?? we have our 20 week scan in 3 weeks and I am coming round to the idea of finding out the sex of the baby. I thought I wouldn't want to but I don't see why not to now:confused:

Red fraggle - I've been getting a sharp pain in my right hip for a while now at times, it seems to be particularly bad after long car drives.... Also getting alot of cramping across my abdomen the last week or so, but I think that it is normal stretching etc.

• Advertisement

Yes, we found out the first time as well. I love finding out (wouldn't have the patience to wait anyway!!) but I now feel like i'm closer to my baby son who is inside me, he has a name and everything now, as opposed to yesterday morning when he was just 'the baby' and might have been a girl or a boy... I can now visualise what my little family will look like in December!

Congrats on the scan cottontail! ya must be so excited. im def seein the up side of finding out the sex but i still prob wont. gone keep it a surprise. my big scan is 4 weeks time. cant come soon enough.

so i was at doc today to get the pain checked. wasnt my mormal doc so im goin back to him next tue to double check. she thinks i may have a cyst. she didnt seem at all worried about it and didnt do any tests only routine urine which was fine. checked babys heartbeat and it was fine :D which makes me happier and il hopefully enjoy my weekend away now. still feel better when i go to my own doc next week.

Anyone here ever had a cyst when pregnant? she says they are fairly common.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey red f!
    Yeah apparently I have a cyst, it's something to do with the corpus Luteum I think but is apparently really common, I haven't had any pain from it yet (touch wood!!) and they said they can often go unnoticed as cause few problems!!
    Hope that helps! 13 weeks Sunday! Yeah!!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Hey red f!
    Yeah apparently I have a cyst, it's something to do with the corpus Luteum I think but is apparently really common, I haven't had any pain from it yet (touch wood!!) and they said they can often go unnoticed as cause few problems!!
    Hope that helps! 13 weeks Sunday! Yeah!!

hey dublinlady,

thanks for that and congrats on reaching 13 weeks!!

have my check up appt with my own doc tomorrow so ill ask him all about it. wont know of i def have a cyst til my next scan. pain comes and goes. but over the weekend it feels like my poor belly is stretching muscles from under my boobs and right down my sides!! it sensitive to touch but def feels like muscles or somethin. feel like im becoming a balloon or somethin:o. my poor belly feels tired. its wierd. but as long as alls good then who cares :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

we are attending the consultant tomorrow for a 17wk 4day appointment( See him every two weeks) carrying Twins. - Well anyhow just wondering if anyone to give me a few ideas on what type of questions to ask? as I am running out of them in general.
    Also when should we think about booking Antenatal classes??

we are attending the consultant tomorrow for a 17wk 4day appointment( See him every two weeks) carrying Twins. - Well anyhow just wondering if anyone to give me a few ideas on what type of questions to ask? as I am running out of them in general.
    Also when should we think about booking Antenatal classes??

I know, it's hard to think what to be asking the whole time. I always think of what I should have asked when I get home again:(. Have you asked is it likely babies will be born bit before due date, think twins tend to come early?? I also asked about iron tablets. On last 2 pregnancies was automatically put on them by my GP at 12 weeks, but was surprised to be told that my blood results would determine whether I needed iron or not. I also asked should I continue with the folic acid. That's all I can think of at the mo. A midwife at the hospital I attend deals with the antenatal classes, I assume you'd want to be starting around week 30, maybe ealier with twins. I'm not going to them as I'm having a section again at week 39.
    I was at my GP this morn, all good with wee and blood pressure. She had a good prod at the bump, and said it was a good size, as big as 19 or 20 weeks, even though I'm just going into my 18th week. This last few days I feel like baby is rolling around on my bladder, it's a weird kind of ripply feeling of pressure. And felt a few little bumps last night in bed. Was kinda freaked out a bit, totally forgot what it feels like, it's been so long:).
    Also hunger has hit me like a truck this last few days. Nothing I eat fills me, but I'm determined not to put on the weight I did the last times. It's rotten feeling permanently hungry though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

Hey 73Cat - thanks for those few questions, some of them i have already quizzed him about. - Regarding to Iron, he told me that they don't put patients on it anymore, unless they need it, assuming after a blood test, or if one is weak and constantly tired..
    Delivery Date he said that he would like to keep them in for 38wks, So I suppose I need to invest in buying A giant size cork for that:D:D
    after 12wks the last time we there, he told me to stop the folic acid as it' only for taking during 12wk period, I know some doctors like to keep patients on it but I have follow instructions from my doctor.;) I would love to have a c-section,! but have to wait and see what happens:rolleyes:
    Just need to sort the classes out. I would rather them near where I Live.
    This is the OH here K, just in case you where wondering !!!
    hope everyone else is keeping well ?

Hi all. 18 weeks 5 days now:D

im def feeling the baby move. usually from 9pm on and they are fair kicks. first few flutters were grand then there was a pause and then what felt like a kick. it was lovely! my husband even felt them! is this usual around this time?

i also get the wierd feeling around my bladder which im presuming is the baby squirming or somethin! its funny.

had a scan today and there is no sign of a cyst or anything wrong so my pains are just pregnancy pains:rolleyes::D

hope everyone is well!:D

ya, the movement you describe is normal to feel. I swear sometimes my little fella is turning somersaults inside me! I can see the movements now, which is a bit wierd at first, I could lie down for ages watching the little guy moving around!

Good news about your cyst, it must be a relief to know there is nothing wrong!

ya, the movement you describe is normal to feel. I swear sometimes my little fella is turning somersaults inside me! I can see the movements now, which is a bit wierd at first, I could lie down for ages watching the little guy moving around!

Good news about your cyst, it must be a relief to know there is nothing wrong!

thanks! it feels a little wierd but deadly. delighted to know theres nothin wrong. im really wxcited now!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

Joining in... had first hospital scan there today, dating 14wks, measuring 14+4, so due around mid-Feb
    very bizarre seeing hands/legs on screen - I'm still trying to deny I'm pregnant but a fat-head-baby scan put all that to bed!:rolleyes:
    hope everyone is well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey 73Cat - thanks for those few questions, some of them i have already quizzed him about. - Regarding to Iron, he told me that they don't put patients on it anymore, unless they need it, assuming after a blood test, or if one is weak and constantly tired..
    Delivery Date he said that he would like to keep them in for 38wks, So I suppose I need to invest in buying A giant size cork for that:D:D
    after 12wks the last time we there, he told me to stop the folic acid as it' only for taking during 12wk period, I know some doctors like to keep patients on it but I have follow instructions from my doctor.;) I would love to have a c-section,! but have to wait and see what happens:rolleyes:
    Just need to sort the classes out. I would rather them near where I Live.
    This is the OH here K, just in case you where wondering !!!
    hope everyone else is keeping well ?

Lord above i was wondering!! haha when ya said u were hoping for a c-section especially!!!! :D:eek::D

Aviendha im 13+3 so not too far apart! :)

Great to hear no cyst prob red - im sure we'll all have to get used to various pains and aches..but as you say, its bloody hard to know whats normal and whats not!!!:confused:

Hi all, hope everyone keeping well:). Anyone else having trouble sleeping? Well it's more I'll get up for a wee in the night, and not be able to get back to sleep. Last night I got up at 3.15 and was still awake after 6 when himself came in off the night shift:(. Everything was going through my head, excitement about the baby, and worrying about other stuff. Then when I am dropping off again, some bloody dog starts howling. I'm braindead today.

73Cat wrote: »
    Hi all, hope everyone keeping well:). Anyone else having trouble sleeping? Well it's more I'll get up for a wee in the night, and not be able to get back to sleep. Last night I got up at 3.15 and was still awake after 6 when himself came in off the night shift:(. Everything was going through my head, excitement about the baby, and worrying about other stuff. Then when I am dropping off again, some bloody dog starts howling. I'm braindead today.

im exactly the same! i havnt slept through the night for ages now. i either wake up for a pee or an awful pain in my hip wakes me up a few times. i would love to go to bed and then wake up the next morning at 8 or somethin. i think id be on a high for the day!:p

Perhaps it's nature's way of preparing us for the sleepless nights when baby is born? Hardly fair though, is it:p. I'm hoping this one will be like the 2 girls, and sleep all night through from 6 weeks, I was very lucky. But I tell ya, I got some fright the first times that happened! A psychic told me about 5yrs ago, when I'd absolutely no plans for anymore, that there was a little boy coming to me. She saw him 3 times in the cards, and got quite insistent when I said my baby days were over. She said she didn't care if he was my own, fostered, or left on my doorstep, he was on his way. Apparently, he will have the face of an angel, but be a little devil:eek:

73Cat wrote: »
    Perhaps it's nature's way of preparing us for the sleepless nights when baby is born? Hardly fair though, is it:p. I'm hoping this one will be like the 2 girls, and sleep all night through from 6 weeks, I was very lucky. But I tell ya, I got some fright the first times that happened! A psychic told me about 5yrs ago, when I'd absolutely no plans for anymore, that there was a little boy coming to me. She saw him 3 times in the cards, and got quite insistent when I said my baby days were over. She said she didn't care if he was my own, fostered, or left on my doorstep, he was on his way. Apparently, he will have the face of an angel, but be a little devil:eek:

oh my God thats so cool!:eek: id be afraid to go to a psychic! do you know if it is a boy?

i think maybe it is natures way of preparing us. i love sleeping in and enjoying my sleep. not any more. im either wide awake or uncomfortable! i really should have cherished it!!:P this is my first baby so it might be a shock for me!! ill prob be so worried about my baby ill be up every 2 seconds checking on him/her!

oh well it will be worth it!:D
    19 weeks exactly today. will be into my 20th week tomorrow! :D

I'm not sleeping well either, but that's nothing new for me really... at the moment though my 19 month old and has a cold and coughs during the night and cries a bit so it's keeping us all awake! I could really do with a snooze... I wonder would anyone notice if I put my head down for a while? Maybe I'd wake up with the keyboard imprinted into my face :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MommygoingLoco

Hi everyone! I'm new here, 17 weeks today due Jan. 27. :)
    I'm really happy about being pregnant again, after trying for over a year because I had PCOS. I also have a 3 and a half year old son who's just been so good to us. But now, sorry if I'm going to moan a bit here, just having a bit of a "nightmarish" pregnancy at the moment... Two months ago, found out I've got Hyperthyroiditis, which is normalising now. But now, my jaws are swollen, I've been in so much pain for the last 3 days and they still can't tell me what's really wrong with me. They just took more blood tests (results not going to come til 2 weeks time); making me wait for an ultrasound for my parotid glands in 2 weeks time, gave me antibiotics that they're hoping will work for me but not sure it will and also some paracetamol as my painkillers. I'm just so frustrated and in so much pain. I just hope to get all over this now, and have a healthy baby in the end. Has anyone else been having as much trouble with their pregnancy? Or maybe I just got lucky with my first pregnancy and had it so easy, that i'm paying for it all now. I've been always healthy anyways, so I don't know why I've gotten sick so much now. Sorry all for the rant. Just need to vent out some of the pain. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Im exactly the same with lack of sleep! I wake to go to the loo and then find it impossible to get back to sleep until what feels like just before Im due to get up I drop off!

Welcome mommygoingloco

20 week scan on tues... CANT WAIT!!! :D:D:D

x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Quins5 wrote: »
    Im exactly the same with lack of sleep! I wake to go to the loo and then find it impossible to get back to sleep until what feels like just before Im due to get up I drop off!

Welcome mommygoingloco

20 week scan on tues... CANT WAIT!!! :D:D:D

x

God what a relief!!!! Same here with the sleeping, usually wake between 2 and 3 and find it very difficult to get back to sleep.... last night was the worst seemed like I didn't get any sleep and the dreams are mental and very realistic...... but it will all be worth it... 19 weeks tomorrow, scan on Weds week, can't wait..... was out tonight, every one kept telling me how well I looked and how I was blooming:), which was really gas seeing as I felt wrecked.......

Advertisement