Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find my iPhone.

• 03-06-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me is there a way to track lost iPhones without having the find ur iPhone app on it. I don't recall if I do have it on it as I've so many apps on the phone, but just incase I don't is there any other way. It's an iPhone 4 running the latest software bar one. I've tried ringing it but whoever has it now turned it off.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

cococoady wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me is there a way to track lost iPhones without having the find ur iPhone app on it. I don't recall if I do have it on it as I've so many apps on the phone, but just incase I don't is there any other way. It's an iPhone 4 running the latest software bar one. I've tried ringing it but whoever has it now turned it off.
    Thanks

Not if you dont have the app installed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Thanks

Not if you dont have the app installed :(

Fook it.
    Cheers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

its a setting not an app

This post has been deleted.

Really??
    How do u login to iCloud.
    Don't have a computer but can use the girlfriends iPhone.

• Advertisement

its a setting not an app
    Any idea how to get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

To login into iCloud, go to www.icloud.com

To enable Find My iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone on your iPhone. If your phone is gone and this wasn't enabled already, then you are out of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

What's to stop a thief disabling this setting???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Nothing. But they could just as easily turn the phone off or take the SIM out.

• Advertisement

Nothing. But they could just as easily turn the phone off or take the SIM out.

Does this turn off the tracking?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I originally just had the setting but then I downloaded the app too. As far as I know, it's just the setting that you need.

Unless you have multiple iOS devices, you don't need the app. It's just the website in app form.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What's to stop a thief disabling this setting???
    The passcode lock prevents them from turning off the setting in the short term.
    Does this turn off the tracking?
    Yes. If the phone is off, then it can't using network data to pinpoint its location.
    antodeco wrote: »
    I originally just had the setting but then I downloaded the app too. As far as I know, it's just the setting that you need.
    The setting allows that device to be tracked.
    The app is for tracking other devices.

Advertisement