Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nocs beers 31st of March

• 04-03-2012 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Right 31st of march who's up for it?
    Mods change the title cos i can't

Can has beers? 17 votes

BUT OF COURSE!
    0% 0 votes
    Sorry, no :(
    76% 13 votes
    I may be washing my hair - so not sure yet
    23% 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Poll added FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Hmmm, this interests me...... (there may be a birthday celebration that weekend ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'll be off on a break from college then but I don't know what the finances / work load will be like. I voted maybe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Sticky this?!

By the way, it's been *ages* since we had a Noc only beers which would be nice, so let us tell all the other forums who regularly cramp our style to feck off :p

The 31st is a potential for me, I have Midway on the 30th and one of the lads on the GM team was talking about doing something on the 31st, but it hasn't been confirmed.

• Advertisement

I would love to go to this and meet the nocs, however would be a bit intimidated if it turned into an epic multi-forum beers.. (and it's my birthday! so i'll cry if i want to!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I went for option 3. Gotta make sure my hair is nice and clean......

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

yes! sobriety is over-rated anyways:P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i'd be well up for this. however just so you know the gentlemens are having a beers in april, at the moment they are a toss up for either the 13th or the 28th. so it may be a little awkward. also gah i have just realised that exactly 1 week later i am in dublin with the mates. so that may make coming to this a little difficult. boohiss

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Shiminay wrote: »
    By the way, it's been *ages* since we had a Noc only beers which would be nice, so let us tell all the other forums who regularly cramp our style to feck off :p

The 31st is a potential for me, I have Midway on the 30th and one of the lads on the GM team was talking about doing something on the 31st, but it hasn't been confirmed.
    Dude, what was the Cyberbeers?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

For one thing, it was last July!! 8 months is forever!!

This. :)

Also, I wasted an entire evening in my office waiting to go to the last beers and there was no one there at nearly 9pm which is nonsense. Noc Beers will be starting as soon as the sun is down!

I missed the cyberbeers...... i don't think i had joined then, or if i had I was a raw n00b..... :D

Edit: I might be horrifically hungover from the night before Shim, but sundown suits me! :P

Where we gonna have these beers btw?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I'm in,
    As Shim said, location?

The Master wrote: »
    I'm in,
    As Shim said, location?

I presume its gonna be in Dublin? If so, some of the Dublin nocs are gonna have to choose... I wouldn't have a clue... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Just moved back into the City Center so I'll definitely be at this one.

Just moved back into the City Center so I'll definitely be at this one.

Yay!

Any idea of a good venue then BZ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I should be able to make this, not fully sure yet but I've intended to go to so many of these that unless something really urgent happens I'm going! Can I just ask that it's not very south of the Liffey, poor student likes small walking distances :P

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

What about TP Smyths for old times sake? They've always been good to the Nocs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Where we gonna have these beers btw?
    I have no idea. only know a few places in Dublin :S

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bah, that's the day I leave the country :/

Sounds like a fine idea, they have indeed always been good to us and there are options for later night venues not far away.
    Galva - boo to leaving the country - permanent or temporary?

TP Smyths would be good if it's open later { somethings closes at 23:30 } there is also Black Sheep { also need to check if open after 23:30 } just up the road.
    I had nice large tables, craft beers and board games :pac:
    Sounds like a fine idea, they have indeed always been good to us and there are options for later night venues not far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Linky to this TP Smyths?

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If you can read this, you're too close!

I had nice large tables, craft beers and board games :pac:

Now that's an interesting prospect. I've heard of this place too, owned by the same folks as Against the Grain on Wexford St and The Salt House in Galway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Now that's an interesting prospect. I've heard of this place too, owned by the same folks as Against the Grain on Wexford St and The Salt House in Galway.
    And if those two pubs are anything to go by, then Black Sheep must be pretty damned good!

I may be in for this, it's been so long since I've been able to stay up late posting, but it would be nice to beer with you guys and gals again, since the epic Cyberbeers was sooo long ago now!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Only for a week.

I can haz homecoming beerz? :pac:

• Advertisement

The place does not have it's own website { or I could not find it, maybe under the Against the Grain name } but looks like it's open till 00:30 on Saturdays.

Does somebody was to give them a call about booking an area under the Boards.ie name ?
    If not I probably be in there over the weekend and can talk to them.

The have been cool with Reddit boardgames meetup been there any bring our own stuff { games not drink :/ }.
    And if those two pubs are anything to go by, then Black Sheep must be pretty damned good!

I may be in for this, it's been so long since I've been able to stay up late posting, but it would be nice to beer with you guys and gals again, since the epic Cyberbeers was sooo long ago now!

Advertisement