Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet up group

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I like it, a boards happening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Count me in aswell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, sure g'wan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I'm down in Cork, so won't be able to attend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Right....c'mon folks!
    Lets put a definite plan in place for this coffee meet!
    How would Liffey Valley suit yee??
    Sun 11th Dec??
    Cafe Kylemore for noon..ish??
    Feel free to offer alternative suggestions folks!
    LV would be good for me though as I live in Mullingar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Sundays are usually bad for me but hey it would be greatif people started and ran with a day that would suit the singles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Doesn't have to be a massive get together. Even if 2 or 3 people managed to arrange a small get together to go hit up a cafe or museum or some other activity of interest. Even just pick a central location and let things take it's course.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭bobbaggio

I am in, someone say a date and we will plan from there, sunday 11th of december works for me!! Whatever ye think, and liffey Valley is grand, would prefer city centre though, maybe go to a museum or something!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Sunday 11th I could make it, :-)

Right....c'mon folks!
    Sun 11th Dec??

It takes a woman to take charge

Good on ya :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

CDfm wrote: »
    It takes a woman to take charge

Good on ya :D

I vaguely remember when women used to take charge.......

:D

:D Is this happening ?
    Where are we going ?

:p And last but not least I am 50 soon and a grandfather :) will I be able to fit in with all you younger types :p;)

I vaguely remember when women used to take charge.......

:D

Tsk tsk. ;)

A shopping location is seasonal too and LL has hit on something.
    Right....c'mon folks!
    Sun 11th Dec??
    Cafe Kylemore for noon..ish??.

This hits it for greatness and sure ya can do galleries or anything after that -if there is available transport.

Some people drive and others dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmmaAstra

Yup, that sounds great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Richie860504

Just saw this now. 11th definitely suits me. Is it definitely goin ahead? Is there a plan for the day or is it just go with the flow?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

11th is OK with me.

Ok where will we meet up, Liffey valley or city centre ?,what time, I can travel anywhere :-)

Hi everyone!
    Havent been online in a few days and see theres a bit of interest generating for this suggested meetup!
    Obviously my suggestion is Liffey Valley but feel free to meet elsewhere/city centre if that suits most people best.
    Let me know the plan and sure we'll take it from there...

Any more info if our meetup is meeting up :-)

Nobody seems to be committing to it at all so at this stage I'm going ahead and making alternative plans. Did me best to hatch a definite plan but alas me best just wasnt good enough!
    Have fun if yee do meet up!

• Advertisement

Same here, Will wait for the next AH meet up. might check it out :-)

It is a pity this ain't going ahead.

Sundays are normally fairly out for me otherwise I would have been there.

Why so shy people.

Good question, Maybe we can organise one in the New year :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Should look at using www.doodle.com to find a date that suits the most people.

It would have to be a city centre location for me though.

Also I have regular board game meet ups in Accents Cafe... next time there's one coming up I'll be sure to throw it up here. We usually do them on a Thursday evening.

The people at BGRH (beerguts and receeding hairlines) have regular beers and when a newbie goes first they bring a can of condenced milk with them.

The reason is lost in the mist of time, but a goat once told me that at 1 such event an attendee stumpled upon a swingers group.

I'm not really free until mid/late January, how about something then? Get things moving for 2012...

Yes I be into it, better for me early feb as I wont be here end of jan :-)

Still pretty busy these days and at weekends, volunteering and learning to drive, but could try to do something if there was a bit of interest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Xim1

anhedonia wrote: »
    Hi All,

Oddly enough there is a website that facilitates meetups between like-minded groups of people - meetup.com

Makes the logistics of scheduling meetups easy, you can vote on places to go etc.

There is a Dublin-based meetup group with a focus on non-drinking already established:

http://www.meetup.com/Connectdublin/

Seems interesting enough, im not a member of the group but might join in the future, just really busy for the next few months.

So to get involved just join the group and keep an eye out for upcoming meetups. Alternatively you can setup your own meetup group, though you do have to pay organiser dues if you set one up yourself.

here is another group that seems a bit more active ... with more stuff going on ;)

http://www.meetup.com/A-sober-slice-of-Dublin/

• Advertisement
Advertisement