Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arsenal v Spurs: Sun 26th @ 13:30

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I hope ur day goes a lot better then the day of my wedding.

25th April 2009, Spurs Vs Utd.

After the chruch ceremony we all made our way back to the hotel. Spurs V utd kicked off and we were 2-0 up and in control at half time.

Then we all got called into the reception room for the dinner, speeches etc.

My the time the main course was served UTD we back to 2-2.
    I could barely eat my dessert as I looked down from the top table and saw all the utd fans fist pumping the air as they went on to win 5-2. what a hammering.

Well hatch. Looks like I put the mockers on your day.
    I'll keep my mouth shut in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ouch. That really hurt. I couldn't watch the match and checked for an update with 35 minutes gone - 2 up, happy days, looking forward to keeping up with the 2 Manc clubs. I got home and checked again, 2 - 2 WTF?!! I checked again and it was 5 - 2!

As T-bon3 mentioned, this result in isolation is bad enough, but if it has a ripple effect and we end up losing the next 2, I'll start to get very worried. I thought these kind of results were behind the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

And that's that last match thread I start!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

listened to it on the radio while i was in work.

never sounded like we were in the game what so ever. even at 2 nil i txt my mate asking was it as one sided as it sounded on the radio. he said no ARSEnal are the better side. of course that was what i meant!!

honestly am gutted. i think we really have let our selves down today. we were the form side going iinto the game. they were the team in tatters but like i said earlier in this thread on their day they can murder teams. we all know that first hand now.

has to be a better performance next week of that massive gap back to 4th could be down to 4 pts!

\time to take it on the chin lads and man the **** up.

COME ON YOU SPURS

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

We were poor all day. I think the seeds of this were sown at Stevenage to an extent. Modric needed a rest last week, he looked tired, not as sharp as he can be. The team was set up a little strangely, Bale up the middle can be effective when we attack, but he than has no positional discipline. BAE wasn't great, but he was horribly exposed at times. The front two, then one, were isolated all day.
    I thought Arsenal showed the greater hunger all day. Going two down seemed to throw off the shackles. Our bad luck they finally got their best team, bar Wilshere, on the pitch. Benayoun has been criminally underused, and he played out of his skin. They were more physical, played right on the edge, and dominated second balls.
    A harsh lesson, and we are now officially out of the title race. Third is ours for the taking, but we must front up against utd next week, and go and take them on. Win there, and third and the cup can be ours- which is what city got for their 300m investment last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bloody shell shocked after that result,went from having a big grin from ear to ear at 2-0 up to being sick at the end.Only one way to fix this now and that's to beat UTD next week,not much hope of that I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

That 10 point advantage we had 2 days ago could be gone in 2 weeks.

Will be surprised if we somehow get any result against united and Chelsea.

2-0 up and they didn't look comfortable at all.

Just have to wonder who wasn't fit. Doubt BAE was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭golfball37

I think a false sense of arrogance and achievement has permeated itself into the club because of our season so far. You only have to read the opening pages of this thread to see how cocky we have become. At the back of mind I always think we are Spurs and yesterdays showing is closer to the norm than what we have seen so far this season, sadly.

Players didn't give a toss yesterday, I'd excuse Kyle Walker and Brad Freidel from that though, both gave everything. How long are we gonna indulge Bale as anyhthing other than a left winger? he is not up to it playing anywhere esle against a good team. Modric gave the ball away 6 time sin a row yesterday, hasn't happened in 2 years. Adebayor didn't fancy it after Kocseielny beat him to the first 3 balls. King wasn't fit, Kaboul just played bad [I'd excuse him for this]. BAE was far too casual as usual. Parker tried hard but he needs a rest for me and was relieved in one sense that he'll now get that.

It may well have been different however had teh ref sent off the Arsenal keeper as he should have done but we wouldn't have deserved that.

Harrys tactical nous was shown up big time yesterday, lets hope its only temporary. Defeat next Sunday and we are up against it.

Only listened to the 1st half on the radio on the way to a rugby match I was playing in. Fully expected us to finish 3 or 4-nil.

Couldnt believe my eyes when I came off the pitch at full time and checked my phone for the score.

Didnt have the stomach to watch the highlights (lowlights) last night.
    Read some reports on-line and saw reference to the defeat as 'crushing', 'humilating' etc. I thought those days where behind us. How could we let such a bunch of spineless wasters like arsenal do this to us. The players should be ashamed of themselves. That arsenal team is a joke - half the team have no back bone and now they are swaggering around like they are Gods gift to football. Sicken's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

4-4-2 away to Arsenal, did Harry not learn anything from the Young Boys fiasco?

I naively commented before the game "look how strong our bench is", with the benefit of hindsight that was becasue we had lesser players on the first eleven.... Lennon and Vdv should have started in our traditional 4-4-1-1 that has served us so well this season. We give a weakened Newcastle midfield a thumping at WHL and all of a sudden we can go away to our biggest rivals and play 4-4-2? Wenger had Harrys number yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i thought luca did well. he made the move for bales penalty and did his best in my opinion

when we went up 2-0 you could see the cockiness and we were exposed badly in the second half.

i hope harry gave them a good kicking afterwards

bae was far and away the worst player

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

mickman wrote: »
    bae was far and away the worst player

He's been having a really bad run lately. There needs to be some competition for his position, and he needs to start playing the way we know he can.

Overall, we were awful today. Nothing worked, and it didn't look like we were that bothered half the time. Bale needs to stay on the wing, and come in from time to time, not the other way around. And why the hell wasn't Lennon playing? The subs were also useless, and Sandro and VDV did absolutely nothing when they came on.

Really frustrating, and with the inevitable loss to Utd next week, our 10 point lead will be a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That was one of the oddest craziest games of football I’ve ever witnessed. Hard to sum up really, I was really looking forward to the game, wasn’t my usual nervous self either, when the final whistle blew I didn’t feel devastated.

Arsenal were so exposed at the back in the first half, holes the size of craters, some defenders looked like they had never played the game before. We created nothing bar a few chances, thought the penalty was harsh on them.

At 2-0 we went into free fall, players played wherever they liked. I’ve never seen the dugout so quite. Just seemed like no one really cared until Dawson came on and gave a bollocking. It could have been much worse, a response this Sunday would be welcome.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Well hatch. Looks like I put the mockers on your day.
    I'll keep my mouth shut in future.

Still recovering mate, just had a curry to try cure it :D
    Good day on the beer, but a shocker of a result.
    Well and truly beaten.
    Gotta take the good with bad
    2 nil and we fcuked it up :mad:
    We'll be back. Hopefully with a bang next Sunday.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Someone start a Spurs v Utd thread quick! ;)

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Still recovering mate, just had a curry to try cure it :D
    Good day on the beer, but a shocker of a result.
    Well and truly beaten.
    Gotta take the good with bad
    2 nil and we fcuked it up :mad:
    We'll be back. Hopefully with a bang next Sunday.

COYS

yeah, some things are more important - your newborn only gets christened once and Spurs get beaten by Arsenal almost every year so you wont have long to wait eh? :D

Advertisement