Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military Photo Thread (Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

. its stunning :o

Whats stunning is the sustained rate of fire of the thing, its crazy for a GPMG.

There is a vid on youtube of it firing until the barrel is glowing red, the barrel is removed, dunked in water and re-installed in about 10 seconds and they carry on firing.

Carries on where the MG3 and MG42 left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

A dog fancy dressed as a military, marches during celebrations for the World Animal Day on October 3, 2010, in Medellin, Antioquia department, Colombia.
    f33601dogfancydress.jpg

610xbl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

whydave wrote: »
    I want one of these
    Slovenian armed forces
    attachment.php?attachmentid=105225&d=1263894389

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. The Slovenians have their shít wired. F2000's as standard, G36's, Patria AMV's and effective camo patterns (even if it is just the old Yugoslavian pattern re-hashed a bit).

does the third guy have a H&K 417 ?
    hquktf201007407521.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

does the third guy have a H&K 417 ?

L129A1, picked over the hk417 and the scar h

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/18827.aspx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

One of the biggest air assault operation done in Afghanistan:

We were very pleased to hear this one finally got off the ground. We were at Surobi conducting final rehearsals for that op back in Sept 09 when the assets got pulled from us at the last minute. When we tried going to plan B without the helicopters, we were called off entirely. We were extremely pissed off. So were the French (TF Dragon, at the time), as they have a bit of a grudge against the individuals we were targetting. Unit rotations and other taskings basically meant that we just handed the plan over to Iron Gray (National Guard unit out of Connecticut) and said 'hope you have better luck than we did'.

Wonder if they found any of their missing FAMASs?

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RNO

Are you talking about what happened at end of Septembre 09?
    The night of 26th to 27th?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Why do they leave all the aircraft on the flight deck? Like only the helo's can take off as is and most of the rest would have to be brought under to begin launching. And in order to get them there in the first place they would have had to have been in the hold to allow landings...
    :confused:

If it's the night from 26th to 27th, one soldier was struck during the infiltration stage,then the mission was suspended to allow his evacuation, but he finaly died.
    One LRRP is swept away by flash floods from a river during the disengagement phase and an officer also disappears while he tried to rescue him.
    At this stage significant resources, both human and air (helicopters Caracal, Tiger and Apache) are immediately implemented for searching the two missing soldiers from special forces, finaly they were found dead at dawn.

**** happens.

Hope that "Wonder if they found any of their missing FAMASs?" is not sarcastic...

• Advertisement

If it's the night from 26th to 27th, one soldier was struck during the infiltration stage,then the mission was suspended to allow his evacuation, but he finaly died.

No, that was a different, smaller mission entirely, and if I recall, was a different unit in TF Lafayette.

The missing FAMASs would have been from the incident in Sper Kunday, Aug 2008. We were planning on visiting the individuals responsible for that one, and is the area that Normandy Eagle was visiting. However, the US aviation assets were diverted to support a large operation in Barge Methal, which had turned nasty. We were never given an official reason as to why plan B wasn't permitted, it was nixed on the American, not the French side.

I'm quite familiar with the events in the area, mainly because I wrote the plan. I was the Squadron S-3 Plans Jun 09-Mar 10, and the primary liaison with the neighbouring French units, Dragon and Altor. (Though we left very soon after Altor arrived)
    legionntm.jpg
    (Sper Kunday is about 6 inches to the left of where I'm pointing)
    130407.JPG

NTM

chinookoverisland.jpg

That's a Sea Knight, not a Chinook.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

That sweedish camo is hawt! :p

anyone know were Ican get a set of this camo ?
    120322.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

That's a Sea Knight, not a Chinook.

NTM

my apologises :( to busy wishing i was on that island...

everyday is a schooling day....

chinookoverisland.jpg
    NEW NAME: Sea(Knight) how nice this island is?!!!!

anyone know were Ican get a set of this camo ?
    120322.jpg

Ask her????, if your not allowed i will.....

800pxrhibhelicopter.jpg

U.S. Navy Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen (SWCC) assigned to Special Boat Teams 12 and 20 rig their rigid-hull inflatable boat to a CH-47 Chinook helicopter assigned to the 159th Aviation Regiment during a maritime external air transportation system (MEATS) training exercise in the Virginia Capes near Fort Eustis, Va., 16 July 2008.

chinookpara.jpg
    Soldiers jump from a CH-47 Chinook helicopter during Leapfest, an annual training exercise and airborne competition hosted by the Rhode Island Army National Guard in Kingston, R.I, Aug. 7, 2010. Now in its 28th year, Leapfest draws teams from throughout the U.S. military as well as from the United Kingdom, Canada and the Dominican Republic and other locations. Participants jump in teams of four and are scored based on their times reaching a specified area in the drop zone.

verticalchinook.jpg

Seriously ..... pull up.... love your man in the door

That photograph of the Tanks facing off at Checkpoint Charlie has to be one of my all time favourite military photos.

You can sence the tension. Scary to think what could have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

2 blonde lady marines -

beat me .spank me, and tie me to a chair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Are those NK Paras a joke ? Seriously look at their hats!

And does anybody know what the deal with the electronic device is that the Australians are using there when practising fire drills ? (one of the instructors is walking behind your man with it to his ear)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Are those NK Paras a joke ? Seriously look at their hats!

and the problem with them is? a similar design has been used but paras around the world since people started jumping out of planes :) i just works and its simple for a jump cap

And does anybody know what the deal with the electronic device is that the Australians are using there when practising fire drills ? (one of the instructors is walking behind your man with it to his ear)

would say it is a shot timer

even get an iphone app :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Ah I just think they look ridiculus...and with today improvments in composite materials I dont see why they would use something that looks outta date. :) Anyways I think we both agree they look funky ? (and would look better without them ;) )

Shot Timers do what they say on the tin ?

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Ah I just think they look ridiculus...and with today improvments in composite materials I dont see why they would use something that looks outta date. :) Anyways I think we both agree they look funky ? (and would look better without them ;) )

Shot Timers do what they say on the tin ?

Maybe you should tell one of the worlds biggest militaries (Russia) they look funky :p .Cheaper to mass produce too i suspect.

Actualy does Russia still use them? Im looking at you Puding ;)

That look funky:
    casque-parachutiste-gueneau-armee-francaise.jpg

This model is manufactured specifically for 13 rdp
    Puding wrote: »

08102003231067662638343.jpg

aai.jpg

With a stack that length, it would be embarassing if the after the 'Go' the next call is 'Short room!'

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Surprized no one has jumped on this before...

Azeribaijan special forces

BLUE FACE's WTF, come on lads!! :eek:

And while I'm at it, the Mexican Feds seem to weed out the uglies during the selection process (or so it seems from the pics) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

Whats the story with 'Softing with a flight helmet? xD

This sir is one happy commando !
    5080926948_76fa9dcc84.jpg

• Advertisement

Very very happy commando, you cant imagine it.
    Banana
    :D

Advertisement