Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway wedding bands

• 14-08-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good reasonably priced bands in galway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

What kind of music are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Anyone know of any good reasonably priced bands in galway?

did you see the bands sticky at the top? loads of them in there. youll get the same bands mentioned in any reply here. depending on your budget, you're not restricted to bands from galway. loads of bands will travel countrywide and you might be surprised at the price once you start ringing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Looking for a band for an age group of 23-80 some one that will get all age groups up on the floor, basically a good tempo and energetic band that interact with the guests

Looking for a band for an age group of 23-80 some one that will get all age groups up on the floor, basically a good tempo and energetic band that interact with the guests

not too sound smart but most wedding bands will fit the bill here as you've just described most weddings.

Yes some are better than others and some are cheaper than others, only youll know whats reasonable after you ring half a dozen of them and get guide prices and then view and start to compare quality to price.
    1 band might be more expensive but better so are reasonable for how good they are. IYKWIM.

check the bands sticky, everythings in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

2250 for a band?! Jesus lads is it me or is that seriously steep?

• Advertisement

you have to put in perspective of what youre getting for that. If it was a 4 piece without Dj, its very steep. if its a 6 piece with a DJ included, its not steep.

then again, it might be a 4 piece who are in demand so can ask that . if you dont pay it someone else will.

theres very little rules. I know a 6 piece band who go out for 3.5k. I know another 6 piece who will go out for 1800. Very little difference in quality.

Ive posted before on prices. See here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77796742&postcount=862

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Not really, you're paying for more than just the music. Like a band who know how to read a crowd, adapt a set, have the proper equipment, such as lighting etc, that help to make the night. Our band was in or around that price, including a DJ for 1.5 hours, and it was well worth it. As I said in another post, I was at a wedding with a 'bargain' band and TBH it killed the atmosphere, they stuck to their set list (that was obvious) and overall in the end it was an expensive mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Raindance - they are excellent at what they do and good value for the money (my friends call me eddie hobbs) ;)

We are having them at our wedding in October. Went to hear them in the Raheen Woods and thought they were brill. really got the crowd going and not afraid to change it up to suit the crowd on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

We had Gemini 4 (from Loughrea) and they were absolutely brilliant! They catered for all ages, and the dancefloor wasn't empty once all night (something which I had been afraid of), everyone raved about them. And we got the band (a 4 piece) and the DJ (one of the band members) for a lot less than 2250!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

This is about right Shooter_galway. I know it's a lot of money. I was seriously shocked myself at the prices when we started looking into wedding bands. I wouldn't even consider bands under the €1800 mark unless you've heard them in a few places yourself. I wouldn't rely on others perceptions.

But as has been said by others here, you get what you pay for. It's such a big part of a wedding (after the food) that it's a bit short sighted to skimp a few hundred for the sake of getting a good band.

I would cut corners on other frills to get a good band once you are happy with your venue and the food side of things.

Best of luck! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nodoubt56

I am getting married 30th December 2013 in Galway.
    I am looking for lively band that will keep the floor filled......any recommendations??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

nodoubt56 wrote: »
    I am getting married 30th December 2013 in Galway.
    I am looking for lively band that will keep the floor filled......any recommendations??

Just sent a p.m might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ddd1986

Hi guys,
    Any bands out there available the 2/8/2013 in County Galway?
    I have emailed and called a lot but had no luck! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

ddd1986 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Any bands out there available the 2/8/2013 in County Galway?
    I have emailed and called a lot but had no luck! Thanks

P.M sent

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

There are so many good wedding bands in the Galway area. Try:

Pyramid
    Fraggle Rock
    Kif
    Sean Slattery & The Connections

Just a few to get you started.

Advertisement