Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo artist recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 a x e 15

.. i was thinking dublin ink ?

Please god .. dont go to dublin ink .. they are the biggest rip offs in dublin .. my mate got a tattoo in there and its botched lol .. i get all mine done in V tattoo .. there pretty class cheep aswell

http://www.facebook.com/djgregoleksevic#!/V.tattooed

thats there facebook page check them out

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

a x e 15 wrote: »
    Please god .. dont go to dublin ink .. they are the biggest rip offs in dublin .. my mate got a tattoo in there and its botched lol .. i get all mine done in V tattoo .. there pretty class cheep aswell

http://www.facebook.com/djgregoleksevic#!/V.tattooed

thats there facebook page check them out

Are you connected with them in some way Axe15 because thats against the rules.

As for whether theyre the best--Im still waiting on one of them to ring me with a price after having a chat with them a few weeks back and showing him what I want done---thats not the sign of a good shop to be honest.

And I cant be arsed ringing them to see if they came up with a price since it was around the 5th January that I was in with them.They either want the business or they dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Hellrazer wrote: »

As for whether theyre the best--Im still waiting on one of them to ring me with a price after having a chat with them a few weeks back and showing him what I want done---thats not the sign of a good shop to be honest.

And I cant be arsed ringing them to see if they came up with a price since it was around the 5th January that I was in with them.They either want the business or they dont.

I booked a tattoo with them in December and my appointment was this week. I'd had a consultation, left a copy of the image I wanted and paid a deposit. When I went in they hadn't a clue what I wanted, had lost the image and suggested bog standard google images. Needles to say I took to my heels and fled.

naasrd wrote: »
    I booked a tattoo with them in December and my appointment was this week. I'd had a consultation, left a copy of the image I wanted and paid a deposit. When I went in they hadn't a clue what I wanted, had lost the image and suggested bog standard google images. Needles to say I took to my heels and fled.

Well Considering your both connected to dublin ink .. i really couldnt give a crap .. its an old mate of mines shop .. and im not being biast saying go to them ive friends in connected ink and wild cat and have been inked in all 3 and many many more across europe.. the only reason id suggest going to v is their price as there just outside city center and dont need to charge 110 an hour .. anyway i can personally vouch that you diddnt place a deposit and not get tattooed as the lads dont work on deposits .. and your work wouldnt have been lost either as there very good at leaving everything on or under their light box .. and ive seen this .. its not moved from their till they do a tattoo .. and they dont do google images (to give you ideas they get you to look at some yeah or mabe some stuff in books) but everything they do is costom and drawn out on the spot most of the time .. now if you want to get into an arguement pm me and see what happens

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

a x e 15 wrote: »
    Well Considering your both connected to dublin ink .. i really couldnt give a crap ..

I am absolutely in now way connected with Dublin Ink so I expext an apology for that.

its an old mate of mines shop .. and im not being biast saying go to them
    Yes you are being biased.Its a friends shop so recommending them is being biased and for what its worth is against the forums rules.
    ive friends in connected ink and wild cat and have been inked in all 3 and many many more across europe.. the only reason id suggest going to v is their price as there just outside city center and dont need to charge 110 an hour
    No they charge 55 an hour which is great IF they actually contacted their customers who spent time with them describing what they want tattooed on them.
    .. anyway i can personally vouch that you diddnt place a deposit and not get tattooed as the lads dont work on deposits .. and your work wouldnt have been lost either as there very good at leaving everything on or under their light box .. and ive seen this .. its not moved from their till they do a tattoo .. and they dont do google images (to give you ideas they get you to look at some yeah or mabe some stuff in books) but everything they do is costom and drawn out on the spot most of the time

Well I can tell you now that I dropped in,went thriough what I wanted and still havent heard from them and thats the honest to god truth.

.. now if you want to get into an arguement pm me and see what happens

And whats that supposed to mean??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

And whats that supposed to mean??

I'm willing to bet a lotta dollars that caps lock will be involved! ;)

(I'll go back to minding my own business now :D)

Elbow wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet a lotta dollars that caps lock will be involved! ;)

(I'll go back to minding my own business now :D)

no Elbow im not a caps lock kinda person .. and im not a person who says they'll do something on a fourm / website and not follow through with it.

as for 55 an hour ? where are you getting your prices from Hellraizer its 50 an hour and im sure there is a reasonibal explenation if they havnt gotten back to you mabe drop by the lads in the shop and ask .. and i appoligise if your not in anyway connected to dublin ink HR .. ive had alot of run in's with them and at this rate im at my last wits .. and i know plenty of ppl that feel the same way as i do ..

if you want to know my exact problem with them HR pm me and i shall explain .. im not going to post their bad habbits here i'll even give you my number in a pm so you can speek to me fully about it or even orgnise to meet face to face

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

A black butterfly? Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

They did the same with my brother in law. He called them about getting a piece done and a consult and still hasn't heard a word back from them. It's been two months.

Shower of eejits in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

50 an hour is ****in class. Why are Dublin ink so expensive? I haven't seen any savage work to justify that price.

• Advertisement

50 an hour is ****in class. Why are Dublin ink so expensive? I haven't seen any savage work to justify that price.

Its only a great price if you can actually get tattooed by them :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Op, I've had work done by Attila in wildcat on jervis st, he's very good at what he does and doesn't hurt a bit, which I think also shows skills. he's easy going too and I like his input and style, maybe drop in and speak to him or any artist, you should shop around yourself and ask to see some work, everyone likes different artists, it's down to you at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

bfocusd wrote: »
    Op, I've had work done by Attila in wildcat on jervis st, he's very good at what he does and doesn't hurt a bit, which I think also shows skills. he's easy going too and I like his input and style, maybe drop in and speak to him or any artist, you should shop around yourself and ask to see some work, everyone likes different artists, it's down to you at the end of the day.

What sorta prices is this fella charge roughly ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

When I go to him, he gives me a price per piece, I don't think I've ever got an hourly rate, first tattoo I got was 280 and it was 3.5 hour sitting, no breaks or anything.
    Then the next piece, will be 350, and I'm booked in for 4.5 hours, it could take two sittings, but thats the complete price, regardless of hours, obviously it can't go on forever, but maybe another hour or two will be needed for whatever.

The piece I'm getting will be fairly big too from approx my hips to shoulder, it's not a solid detail, but will be intricate. He's going to free hand it onto me, and ive a little cover-up work in there too, the existing tattoo wasn't by him, but it's not going to fit the new piece around it, so it's going.

Even just pop in and speak to him about what you want, if you like his art and skills and price obviously, as I said before, I don't like every artists work, you need find someone you trust and like there work, no way would I let any other artist free hand on to me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Its only a great price if you can actually get tattooed by them :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ahh yeah but not getting tattooed doesn't take long :p

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

€50 an hour.prices hav fairly went down since i got my last one done

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭NoobSaibot5

Classic Inks is brilliant up in Dublin, it's where I got mine done and the lads in there are sound

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

any experiences of skin city on south william st?

price and quality in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BalbrigganGirl

I can recommend Atilla in Wildcat too - he did my last one ( I have 12 ) and it's way the best one I've had done. It's a pin up girl and the detail and shading and his own take on it are fabulous.
    It didn't hurt a bit. I wouldn't be so worried about price if I am looking for a good artist who knows what he is doing - you have to live with it !
    In saying that it wasn't expensive at all considering the detail and the time it took.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zx10rick

only ever heard good things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

I got an old tattoo re-coloured, and some wording done around it at Spilled Ink, about halfway up Great Denmark St a few months back.

They were brilliant with me from start to finish-popped into on spec one evening, they took a look at my original tattoo, suggested what would work well with it, and got me an apt. for a evening shortly after. I ended up being slightly late because of work, rang ahead & they were sound about it. Just under an hours work, think it was about 70e in total.

The guy who did the work was dead on, really attentive & really helpful; especially when I was hit with last-minute indecision about location (i.e. should I get the wording encircling the tattoo, underling it, surrounding it etc!) They had so many tips for after care (had the first piece done 4 yrs ago!) & left me feeling that if I had any question, no matter how silly, it would be ok to ring them with it. Even though I've said that's the last piece of work I'll get done, if I ever go for anything else, I'll be straight back to them-can't reccomend them highly enough!

(Facebook page = https://www.facebook.com/Spilled.Ink.Tattoo.Studio)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 clairebearxxx

Have to recommend wildcat ink i think there great. i got my tattoo and all my piercings with them never had one problem and always feel comfortable going to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 reidid

I can't recommend <snip>. I went in with a simplistic tattoo and the tattooist managed to do a botched work. Lines that should be straight are not, circle not round, bad filling, the original form was not respected. Either he was taking something, he was in a rush, or was a trainee, I wouldn't know.
    Maybe I got the wrong tattooist, but under these conditions I can't recommend these guys.

D1 ink tattoo did a great work with lots of details involved. I will go back there for my future words, as well as for fixing the <snip> work. I feel like they are not as busy as <snip>, and yet they really deserve to get more customers. You can tell Yang is passionate and diligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

reidid wrote: »
    I can't recommend <snip>. I went in with a simplistic tattoo and the tattooist managed to do a botched work. Lines that should be straight are not, circle not round, bad filling, the original form was not respected. Either he was taking something, he was in a rush, or was a trainee, I wouldn't know.
    Maybe I got the wrong tattooist, but under these conditions I can't recommend these guys.

D1 ink tattoo did a great work with lots of details involved. I will go back there for my future words, as well as for fixing the <snip> work. I feel like they are not as busy as <snip>, and yet they really deserve to get more customers. You can tell Yang is passionate and diligent.

It's an the tattooist, not the studio that does the tattoo.
    Do you have any pics to back that up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 reidid

I know man, I totally agree, not to mention that I went there because several people recommended that studio to me. But what should I do if I get the same artist, say "nah that one has poor skills, give me another one" ? Way too awkward.

No pictures - custom designed tattooed on my arm. Don't really want anyone to ID me. The fact that I'm frustrated and unhappy should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

reidid wrote: »
    I know man, I totally agree, not to mention that I went there because several people recommended that studio to me. But what should I do if I get the same artist, say "nah that one has poor skills, give me another one" ? Way too awkward.

No pictures - custom designed tattooed on my arm. Don't really want anyone to ID me. The fact that I'm frustrated and unhappy should be enough.

It's not really enough, as if it was anyone could come on here and try to destroy the reputation of a studio, and that's just not on when they're willing to put a place down but not stand behind their words. I know that may sound harsh, but that's the way it has to be, so I'll edit the studio name out of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 muffles6012

Have to say ive always found wildcat good to deal with. Dublin ink not so much. Husband getting one done with them though in a few weeks, ill let you know how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MrMan

Dave Murphy in Dublin Ink has done two for me, he's great. Took my ideas and added loads of his own style to them. Really great black and grey pieces.

I can't recommend him highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

philie in connected ink in temple bar did 2 big pieces on me (back and ribs.pics in the i'll show u mine thread) and i love them.i'd well recommend him.very professional and very sound dude

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mavridi

If it looks like pimping your own shop and it smells like pimping your own shop!!!!!!!

Advertisement