Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android 2.3.3 install/move apps to SD card.

• 25-09-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭

Got a HTC salsa which is the worst phone I have ever owned. Anyway I keep getting the following error "installation failed insufficient storage". I have a 2gb SD card in the phone and 1.5gb of that is free. I only have about 12mb internal storage left, but many apps I cannot move to the SD card to make room.
    What is the point having all that SD storage and being limited to 150mb internal memory.

Am I missing something simple here? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

You'll have to partition the SD card in order to move your apps to it.

Quick Google should give you plenty of vids/links

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

apps can also cache data which might be using up your internal memory, you can clears an app's cached data individually in settings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

http://androidforums.com/desire-tips-tricks/160560-force-apps-install-sd-without-root.html

I did this and its all on the SD card, I downloaded new ones and they are on the SD card. My internal memory is still shocking. 15mb or something.

I dont know what app data is safe to delete as I did this and viber and heytell etc had to start from scratch.

Smart phones are really stressful.

Advertisement