Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone else apply for passport on my behalf

• 22-09-2009 8:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering could someone else apply in person on my behalf for an express passport

I just need one for a quick trip to england in 2 weeks, my last passport expired in 2003

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The only way that is possible is if you get a letter which gives power of attorney to the other person. This must show medically that you are incapable of applying for the passport yourself for reasons of mental incapability, physical disability or emotional disability(very hard to prove).

The reason you must apply for a NEW passport in person is so that the Gardai can sign off on your pictures and birth certificate/other ID that it is actually you.

Sending in a friend/relative you say "howya, will you stamp this" will not really do.

If it is a replacement passport then you can just sign the form and submit the new pictures and the old passport in the post office and bobs your uncle you will get a replacement.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

i didnt mean do everything, i just meant i get everything sorted myself and then i get someone to go to cork to hand in my forms etc.

Im aware i can submit the form pictures and old passport but the wait time is stated as 10 days minimum from receipt of application. as of tomorrow i have 11 days before i need to travel

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'm sure if it's only a matter of dropping in the completed documents then it shouldn't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

you'll need them to bring proof of your travel arrangements if you want it in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

The express service which costs 75 euro is within 10 days. Usually it is much faster like 5 days any time I have done it (twice).
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/More+from+An+Post/Passport+Express/

• Advertisement
Advertisement