Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Pherekydes wrote: »
    No, you don't.

You must be related to them. That's the only possible reason you're not laughing at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I have not! Jaysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

lol^

No harm in them really. They're just a bit dim and can't sing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,101 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    You must be related to them. That's the only possible reason you're not laughing at them.

It's one thing laughing at them; it's another thing entirely going on with the offensive ****e that has been going on the last few weeks on boards. There's enough threads on other fora about the pair. Does that kind of bullying have to spread to Maynooth? Seriously? I know, I know, t'internetz is serious business.

I wonder what's boards stance on abusing children online? Does it even have one. Apparently, you can't wander into the soccer forum and abuse Alex Ferguson, but you can do it to a couple of 17 year-olds.

And no, I'm not related to them, though they are friends of the family.

Grow up, the lot of ye.

University of the Year? :rolleyes: Then where are the ****ing results?

Hold on a sec, I don't think anyone here went over the top in their criticism of them. They're embarrassingly ****e yes, but I didn't personally insult them and I certainly didn't contribute to any other thread on here. I think you might be slightly compromised by the fact you know them and I think your comments are a tad over the top. Bullying? How so? If we all said it was fantastic we'd be doing them a diservice by deluding them into thinking they were talented enough to make it in the music industry. When you step into the public eye, criticism will follow and their parents (who I assume gave them permission to appear) should have considered that before allowing them to go to the UK to appear in front of 20 million people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Ha. It's funny that you think Maynooth's award of University of the Year last year has anything to do with a failed audition on the X-Factor, and people's opinions on said audition. :)

mp3guy wrote: »
    Ha. It's funny that you think Maynooth's award of University of the Year last year has anything to do with a failed audition on the X-Factor, and people's opinions on said audition. :)

In fairness, if you came across negative comments on the internet about people you knew you'd be upset too. I would be I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭mp3guy

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    In fairness, if you came across negative comments on the internet about people you knew you'd be upset too. I would be I know.

Well that's a given. But there's stuff relevant to what he's on about it, and that certainly isn't. Just because a handful of students are saying stuff online from NUIM hardly represents the entire University, and you can be sure as hell there's people in UCD, Trinity etc.. that are also saying such things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

a couple of 17 year-old
    muppets.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

It's one thing laughing at them; it's another thing entirely going on with the offensive ****e that has been going on the last few weeks on boards. There's enough threads on other fora about the pair. Does that kind of bullying have to spread to Maynooth? Seriously? I know, I know, t'internetz is serious business.

I wonder what's boards stance on abusing children online? Does it even have one. Apparently, you can't wander into the soccer forum and abuse Alex Ferguson, but you can do it to a couple of 17 year-olds.

And no, I'm not related to them, though they are friends of the family.

Grow up, the lot of ye.

My advice to you mate is to wind your neck in.....

Unless thos two lads were forced into performance ála Joe Jackson then they deserve some to be left alone....

If they decided themselves to do this themselves well then they brought it upon themselves, and it is common knowledge that anyone participating in these 'reality' shows are fair game for the sort of commentary that they are recieving.
    Those who sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind.

etc etc etc

• Advertisement

Had they performed in a mature and respectable manner, we probably wouldn't be slagging them off.

But, "I want to hear girls shout my name" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Sweetie79

feed them with some humble pie and teach how to sing.little out of tune in my modest opinion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Doesn't matter what age they are or whatever.. just CRINGE..
    Fair play Simon Cowell!

Can't believe they got through..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Sweetie79

maybe because general audience response was good.no worries,they wont go far,let them enjoy their five minutes of fame :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Raaaaaage, I hate the Xfactor's new format. Putting me off watching it.

In other news, I'm going to Dylan Moran tomorrow night. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

¿Whatever happened to free speech? :(

Oh right, this is Boards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Maynooth SU strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,101 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Maynooth SU strikes again.

LOL, they have a Fresher's week? Who's the lucky fresher? :)

And a Fresher's ball? Oh dear... :pac:

So, does it start Sunday or Monday? :P

LOL, they have a Fresher's week? Who's the lucky fresher? :)

And a Fresher's ball? Oh dear... :pac:

So, does it start Sunday or Monday? :P

Haha! I didn't even notice the apostrophes!

Starts on Monday I'm pretty sure... Open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

DJ's. Fresher's.

Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Is it a good SU or as bad as the grammar suggests?

whats NUM???

Teabag! wrote: »
    whats NUM???

It's a good example of why not to use Apex Light Condensed with bad kerning is what it is.

Non-nerd translation: good font treated badly obscures the 'I'.

banquo wrote: »
    It's a good example of why not to use Apex Light Condensed with bad kerning is what it is.

Non-nerd translation: good font treated badly obscures the 'I'.

thank you!

Don't get me wrong. It's still stupid. Would have worked fine but for the kerning.

Most (good) posters are done by photoshop people with a terrific sense and education and layout. This poster is pretty nice. Just a grammar fail, which is also typical of professional posters/signage.

Beau just introduced himself to me in the street, it's not NEARLY as creepy as Michellenman says!

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Beau just introduced himself to me in the street, it's not NEARLY as creepy as Michellenman says!

I can pretty much guarantee that he didn't do to you what you did to me!

Which WAS creepy.

I can pretty much guarantee that he didn't do to you what you did to me!

Which WAS creepy.

Bet it will never beat "are you the internets???"

It comes preeeeeeetty close!

• Advertisement

just to think if i'd had got a bigger pot of tea, we may have missed that moment of curious awkwardness:P:P:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement