Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooler for A Phenom 955 BE

• 19-04-2012 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

I did a search on this but couldnt find anything for it.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good cooler for OC'ing my AMD Phenom 955 BE. Nothing too major, this is my first time OC'ing so I dont plan to try anything too risky, will be happy to take it from 3.2 to 3.8 GHz.

Also someone told me to try out the AMD Overdrive, said it is easier than going through the BIOS. Is this worth a look or should I just learn to do it through the BIOS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

I've used Amd Overdrive on my 955. It's alright, I mostly used it to underclock/undervolt the processor when I'm doing something unintensive over night (like downloading a torrent). Handy when you don't want to reboot. But for a more permanent clock, I use the Bios. Atm I'm at 3.6GHz, that's with stock cooler :p

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

But for a more permanent clock, I use the Bios. Atm I'm at 3.6GHz, that's with stock cooler :p

I have a new cooler and case ordered, due to arrive tomorrow.

Going for a 3.8 overclock.

Do you happen to have a link to a guide to overclock it using the Bios?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

I didn't follow a specific guide to overclocking the 955, but in regards overclocking in general, there's a channel on YouTube, Linus Tech Tips, that has loads of great info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a7AxZJ7tWc&feature=fvwrel

The settings you have are also dependant on your motherboard, the manual should have anything you need to know.

Other than that, Google is your friend :p Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I use the Titan Fenrir Pro EVO on my 1090T and can't fault it,it is quite massive though.

My Antec DF-35 is just deep enough to fit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Cheers for the reply both, I had already ordered though, went with:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-034-CM

Getting CPU Temps of about 35oC with a heavy load on and only one case fan, have 5 more case fans being connected today =D.

The link was quite good, the others on youtube are useless but I don't have the AI tweaker option in my BIOS that he uses, going to have a look around see what I can find out

Advertisement