Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to dump rubbish in Galway city?

• 30-01-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

Ok so our house has managed to forget to put out the Rubbish bin for collection 3 times now. The main wheely bin is full + a few other bags.
    We cant wait for the next collection.

Is there anywhere that will take these bags of random crap. Id be willing to pay a few €€€.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Where do you live? You can go into any newsagents in the city centre and buy City Bin refuse bags and put them out any morning - except Sunday. Not too sure how much they cost but it was €4 per bag around 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Where do you live? You can go into any newsagents in the city centre and buy City Bin refuse bags and put them out any morning - except Sunday. Not too sure how much they cost but it was €4 per bag around 5 years ago.

I live just outside the city in Doughiska.
    Im with city bin but they only come around every friday and they alternate between recycling and rubbish so another two weeks before pickup. eeehhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

City Bin accept waste at their depot

http://www.citybin.com/menu.asp?menu=213

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

churchview wrote: »
    City Bin accept waste at their depot

http://www.citybin.com/menu.asp?menu=213

sweet. thanks.

now just have to load all the smelly crap into my car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Barna Waste on Headford Rd will also accept waste if you bring it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 thierrym

Hi Brokenarrows,
    The landfill site at carrowbrown on the Headford road accepts all rubbish. you just put your car on the scales as you are going in, unload your rubbish then put your car on the scales again as you are going out. You then pay for the weight of the rubbish. it is Quite cheap. i went there last week with an estate car full of rubbish, i was charged 7 euro.
    Thierry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tubby trucker

Newbie here,
    Can anyone tell me please if there are any landfill sites in Galway? I will have approx. 60 ton of soil/concrete to tip, this Thursday/Friday.
    Preferably somewhere cheap. Thanks.

Tobby trucker HI, you can dump all kinds of rubbish at the dump on the headford road just outside galway. However i might be of help to you, let me explain: I need some soil to fill a dip in my garden just outside Galway. It is a big garden, 1/2 acre. It is not yet a fully finished garden. I bought a field and built a house. I would appreciate you getting in touch with me. you could reply to me here on this thread.
    Thank you

thierrym wrote: »
    Tobby trucker HI, you can dump all kinds of rubbish at the dump on the headford road just outside galway. However i might be of help to you, let me explain: I need some soil to fill a dip in my garden just outside Galway. It is a big garden, 1/2 acre. It is not yet a fully finished garden. I bought a field and built a house. I would appreciate you getting in touch with me. you could reply to me here on this thread.
    Thank you

Hi Thierry,
    Not sure if it will be of any use to you as It will be mixed loads as far as i know i.e. soil/concrete and maybe some blocks.
    What part of Galway are you in?

hi tubby trucker, Thank you for your reply. I guess you' re right in saying that the stuff you are looking to get rid of might not suit me. The dip in my garden is not deep but it covers a wide area so a mix of concrete and soil would probably not do. I am just off moycullen, when coming from Galway, turn right at moycullen crossroad/lights and down 6 miles, past Tullokyne. I will keep an ear open about you getting rid of your rubbish. There is a guy about 2 miles from me who is filling a big area and he is putting all kinds of stuff on his land to fill it (including the kind of stuff you have). I will try to talk to him tomorrow and will let you know on this forum.
    Take care

• Advertisement

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for that. If he's interested, you can PM his details to me. I haven't seen the job yet, so i won't know exactly what's in it until tomorrow. But if there's any clean load of soil, i'll give you a call if you want.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Lads,. PMs would avoid anyone thinking you're involved in potential illegal waste activities. Just a thought.

Hi JustMary, you are right to point out the possibility of people taking part in illegal dumping. However if the transaction between tubby trucker and I happens, it will be with my consent and on my land so I beleive we would not be taking part in an illegal activity. I would be happy to receive the stuff that tubby trucker is hoping to get rid off. There are no toxic or chemical items involved. Thanks for pointing it out though, Wishing you a nice day.
    Thierry

JustMary wrote: »
    Lads,. PMs would avoid anyone thinking you're involved in potential illegal waste activities. Just a thought.

Perish the thought Mary. It's great that some people have the sense to question waste collectors instead of turning a blind eye and just paying someone a few quid to make their rubbish disappear. Anyone that avails of a waste collection service, be it rubbish or muckaway, should always ask to see a copy of the carriers waste collection permit. If they can't produce a copy, then avoid them at all cost, otherwise you could end up with a nasty fine.

I'm all legal and above board, insurance, permits, etc. and have no problem providing proof to any customers as such.

The 'waste' is, as far as i'm aware, going to be soil, blocks or concrete. Which can be used as fill in a garden or for a road into a new house.
    Galway county council don't mind you using it for fill around a house just as long as you don't take the p*** and operate an illegal dumping facility.
    At least that's what they told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Horse it in the river. People seem to think it's acceptable to do it with small amounts, anyway... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Dump it by the bottle bank in Knocknacarra like the rest of the skangers,who think its accecpatble to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Who exactly was thinking that? I certainly wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Who exactly was thinking that? I certainly wasn't.

Just try to ignore, it's easier.;)

Just try to ignore, it's easier.;)

Sometimes its hard. People making sly comments and not coming out and saying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Back on the rubbish topic pls.

biko wrote: »
    Back on the rubbish topic pls.

Every topic should be treated equal!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement