Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Golden week in college, 4 day college weeks also rawk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Bein a young buck, i feel great at the moment...

Passed my repeats, now back in college with some of best classmates anyone could wish for...

No more money worries for the moment...

Back in work...

Back at the GAA after a series of unbelievably frustratin injuries...

Have a great flat sorted for college...

And best of all,

Had my first moment the other night with a girl where we were just lyin beside each other, no words spoken and I just thought "Wow!"..... not sure how to explain it, but I'm sure you all understand...

So to summarise:
    I'm on TOP form..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Funny that I spotted this thread today of all days. I was just thinking to myself earlier how I wish it was 40 years into the future so I was dead. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

That's no garantee!! :)
    Surely it's something can be fixed Monkeybonkers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

dceire wrote: »
    I have to say I'm genuinely in good form right now.

All of the following happened in the past few days:
    - I was offered a promotion in work yesterday; still on ****e money but slightly less ****e than before.
    - I've been offered a place on a postgrad course which I hope to defer until next year.
    - I just fulfilled a lifelong ambition by purchasing my first motorbike.
    - I'm finally about to move out of the homestead into a new place with cheap rent.
    - My car had a problem yesterday morning and my mechanic ended up fixing it for free yesterday evening.
    - And to top it all off I met the most beautiful French girl the other day, got her number, and asked her out on a date for tomorrow; she said yes but has yet to get back to me since yesterday. Weather or not she dose get back to me, it's been a good week.
    I want you're mechanics number :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Good form.

But large amounts of pain.

I'm getting too old for this football lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Kind of a bit down myself. A close family member is sick and I don't know if they will get better. I work as a contractor and the company has been reducing the duration of our contracts constantly to the point now where they are only 2-3 months in length. So as a result I can relax for about 6 weeks before I start worrying again about not having a job, and not being able to find one if I was out of work. I don't have a lot of savings either so I'd have to move home if I was out of work, so general money worries, work worries, family worries.

Feels like everything is bad at the moment and there's very little to enjoy or look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Having to go through that every 6 weeks or so must be really stressful. It sounds like you have an awful lot on your plate at the moment G-Money. I hope you take time out for yourself and that you've a few good friends to take your mind off things every so often.
    Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

staker wrote: »
    That's no garantee!! :)
    Surely it's something can be fixed Monkeybonkers?

I think I was just feeling a bit melancholy yesterday. Not wishing to be dead but just tired of the drudgery of life, the plodding, boring repetitiveness of it all.
    I hope 40 years will be enough! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

7 reasons why I feel great :D

1.its been a 11 days since I gave up smoking and i feel fantasic

2.yesterday was a preductive day in college and I feel that I've found away for me to learn in a way that seems to work for me and get things done quicker then every one else (this is really good sufffering from add and dyslexia in college last year was really tough...)

3. The sun is shineing

4. I shall find a new place to live soon.

5. I feel good about my self because I've stoped smoking I don't feel so negitive and just like happyier in a good way

6. The fact when I say I'm going to do something I will and that I shouldnt be hard on my self

7. The fact that tomorow I get payed any were from 200 euros upwards for 4 hours :D Praise be sweet nepotisim :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Currently, I'm bricking it waiting on my results from repeat exams. I actually feel worried about not being able to go back to college :( I'm usually pretty happy and content, but I have even avoided nights out in the past 2 weeks as it would make me feel worse!

I'll be over the bloody moon if I pass, can sort out a house to live in and my student grant once that happens.
    Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    In the same boat as yourself, waiting on results from two repeats.

Coming a lil late to this so dunno if you the results yet. If so, hope it went well lads. :)

as for me, coming to the end of my two weeks off :(

Had a great time though :)

Some good things happening from a work point of view when I get back :)

My own little sideline thing is progressing nicely :)

All in all things are going well. Let's say an 8 outta 10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Writing the best music i have ever written and getting some really nice emails from Producers i really respect. Ripping through the book i am writing and not hitting a single stumbling block. Blog is doing really well and getting more and more respect within the auld industry. The sun is shinning and i am listening to some great Reggae music.

So it's been a nice week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

im in canada,after landing a great job,making loads of new friends and have to meet a hot girl tonight i feel terrible today:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'll be completely bluntly honest.

I feel like absolute **** and have done for some now.

Sorry to be a downer :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Sonics2k wrote: »

Ah that sucks... Hope fully things will turn around and you'll feel better soon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Sonics2k wrote: »

I often feel with these types of threads no one really wants to hear the bad things people have to say. I, at least, want to see the bad things, it's good to see people comfortable sharing that kind of stuff.

I'm not sure how I'm doing tbh. my new meds have been quite good for my depression it seems, but a few weeks back I had a really bad set back, so it's scary to know that they can do that too. my mood still varies from day to day, but in general yeah I think I'm feeling better about things.

my housemate is a twat, one of my colleagues is verging on bullying me, and lately these things are getting to me, especially as I go from work to home and back again, so it's like there's no escape.

but then, I'm happier with the way things are going with friends, which is a big turn around for me, and is something I've needed for a long time.

so dont worry sonics, I'm the downer now :)

i want to kill some on right now cigerate cravings are quite strong right now but 12 days of them...... so thats a very good thing...

Feel like clarifying a bit, I don't know exactly why.

Basically in the last year, I feel like I've lost everything. I grew up suffering from depression, and never really handled it properly, resolved to a lot of drinking and drug use. But thankfully I managed to work through that and recover, but right now it's pretty hard to resist going back to it all.

But summer 2010, I was kicked out of my home, my children taken from me, all my belongings sold or thrown in a skip (she even threw dogshít on top of it all to make sure I couldn't wear the clothes), and had to move back in to my mothers house at the age of 26!

Skip ahead a few weeks, and I re-unite with basically "The One", a girl from my younger years who truly meant the world to me. We fall in love again, are happy together and have plans to start a new life together, and even better, my kids meet her a few times and absolutely adore her! But then their mother gets angry about my new relationship, despite her meeting someone else, and told me the worst sentence I have ever heard "If you don't break up with her, you'll never see the kids again".
    I panicked, and like a fool, broke up with her.
    I don't know if any of you have ever felt this. But when you are hurt so incredibly, you can't even express emotion as to how much pain you're in. You can't cry, you can't even be depressed, it's gone further than that.

A few weeks later, I find out my best friend was killed after getting attacked outside a bar. He only got involved to stop someone else getting robbed.

I got refused from College a few weeks ago. Which was a major blow.
    The mother of my children is teaching them to call her new boyfriend "Daddy".
    So I sit here now, just turned 27, still insanely miss "the One" who I had to let go nearly 9 months ago and I'm having a really hard time dealing with it all. I focus on the fact I get to see the kids for 2 nights every few weeks and they are literally what's keeping me going now.

Apologies for all that, just needed a rant.

im playing battle feild 2 with my friend....

im flying ahelicopter

i put on the air wolf tune

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sonics2k, it is totally understandable to be feeing down with what has happened to you the past while. You've had a really rough ride. You are probably still grieving for your best friend and what happened with the mother of your children was a major blow to you. I'm no expert but you really need to speak to someone about how you are feeling. Could you contact 'the one' and see if there is any way to reconcile?

I do know what it is like to be turned down from college though. It really knocks your confidence. But there is always next year! If you PM me I will help you figure out what your options are. My little story - got turned down from every college I applied to (incl. UK unis) the first year I applied. Devastated. I researched what I could do to strengthen my application for the following year, I contacted the colleges - the head of department and asked where I went wrong. The following year I got offered my top 3 choices and I'm now about to head into 3rd year of a course I love.

I hope I haven't come across all preachy :o but don't let these set backs hold you back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Man that is really awful Sonics2k, you've had an incredibly hard time there; definitely recommend (as Larianne says) seeing if you can contact 'the one' again, and try to explain what's been going on for you.

If you do find it hard to avoid slipping back to drink and all, it would be worth talking to a GP, to see what help they can offer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Both underdog teams winning made my weekend! And I am most defo not a Dublin fan but I am an ABK (anything but Kilkenny or Kerry :pac: )! Hopefully as of tomorrow my mood will be drastically improved!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

i'm in reasonable form - i'm 29, nearly 30 - career going great guns but love life is non-existant, wouldn't mind having a nice chick tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Came on here to rant and rave about some d!ckhead seller on adverts but you guys kinda put my problem into perspective......

You have my best wishes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

don't feel like that sky king, if it's a problem to you, it's a problem :)

i'm kinda feelin a little bit wanting a relationship lately too. there's a lot i like about being single, but i miss something about relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

don't feel like that sky king, if it's a problem to you, it's a problem :)

i'm kinda feelin a little bit wanting a relationship lately too. there's a lot i like about being single, but i miss something about relationships.

I hear ya, its just knowing there's someone you can always go to i guess (and the other more obvious things of course!)

Larianne wrote: »
    Sonics2k, it is totally understandable to be feeing down with what has happened to you the past while. You've had a really rough ride. You are probably still grieving for your best friend and what happened with the mother of your children was a major blow to you. I'm no expert but you really need to speak to someone about how you are feeling. Could you contact 'the one' and see if there is any way to reconcile?

I attempted to contact her a few weeks ago via a pm on Facebook, but if she has me blocked from before then I don't think she'd of gotten it.
    But meh, I keep my hopes up for someday. Both about her and getting into college at some point.

@sky king.
    rant away! just because others have issues hardly means you don't :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

As many of you know I'm not Irish; I watched my first GAA match in Parnell park 3 years ago (a fellow boardsie introduced me to the game).

At 11am this morning, I walked to Croker to get tickets to the match. I swore I wasn't gonna buy from touts. Got to the the GAA shop/stand and they were not selling tickets to the 'general public'.
    I was heart broken, at 11:49am I was chatting to a mate (Liverpool fan) and I said Spurs, Dublin and United will win today (I support United) and he told me to **** off

When Spurs won, I was in stitches slagging him, when Dublin won I was in tears slagging him and then when United won I couldn't say anymore...

I've lost my voice but UP THE DUBS!!!!

We brought Sam home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

In good form, home life is great with a gem of a daughter and a great wife. Work busy but going well. Health is good (could do with getting the weight down) but a hell of a lot better than poor health 2 years ago. Finances could be better, but I get the feeling I'm not the only one in this boat. Looking forward to more good times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Back to college tomorrow, freshers week, should be fun. Hopefully weather will hold out!

Advertisement