Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Spread wrote: »
    my Combo card which allows me to get an SS number, start a business and enter/leave the country at will.

0_O

Crikey.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

my Combo card which allows me to get an SS number, start a business and enter/leave the country at will.

0_O
    Crikey.
    :p

Hey Julius! Alles klar? Für Ihre harmonisches Retorte und für Ihre Geschichtsstunde (via Wiki) ................ vielen Danke!

You're not Lilly Marlene are you? :D

Gute Nacht und Guten Morgen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Is it wrong that I'm kinda excited about going to see the Russian State Ballet Company performing Swan Lake?
    Mmmmmmmmm, tutus.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

*Envy*:) Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

OldGoat wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I'm kinda excited about going to see the Russian State Ballet Company performing Swan Lake?
    Mmmmmmmmmm, tutus.

I wouldn't say it was wrong, well not to your face. LOL

Ballet is a show, obviously as with all shows at least somebody likes it or it wouldn't exist. So go on have fun. (Besides I sort of like Swan Lake myself, and the Nutcracker Suite, And Carmen Oh that's an Opera sorry. But a little bit of class in your life is no big deal and good for you.)

Oh don't let the wife stare at the male dancer's gentleman vegetables too long or she might start to compare you. LOL LOL (and they cheat with rolled up socks or something)

Mmmmmmmmmm, tutus.

No, you're OK there. Rarely does one see Nijinsky in the bumper @ Ballinrobe. But I've seen a lot of danse macabre over the last fence when the going was heavy.

Sherries anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Sherries anyone?

How far behind are we :)!
    Good news on the card thingy, makes you legit for the Homeland Security gig I take it?

Where's everybody? Have given up the net for Lent? Baby Jesus would be impressed! I think I'll have to start cracking the whip - to snap ye out of ye'r inertia.

For RAWHIDE go into it 1.20 mins and get movin' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I just LOVE 'Rawhide' by the Blues Brothers. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Stuck in house all day .......... snowing since lunchtime and about 8" now. Means I'll have to go out in the morning and shovel so HSH can get to work.:eek: It continues tomorrow before changing to rain tomorrow night - so it's going to be a muddy weekend.

My father in law's birthday was Feb 29. He often joked that he was driving for 48 years before he was 16 :D

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Ah, your father in law is a Leapling!

what a wonderful word - heard it yesterday for the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

You've just answered a longstanding question of mine about The Twelve Days of Christmas. I've always wondered who, or what, the "lords a-leaping" were and imagined them to be common as muck, hardly worthy of the title, what with all their leaping and prancing about. I see now how wrong I have been. They really were a rare breed indeed. :)

Was is the operative word. Passed on to the happy hunting ground in 2000. Didn't have a great voice but loved to sing in the bath and treated it as his personal auditorium :D
    Just googled Leapling. The bit about Columbus/eclipse/native Indians was interesting.
    Still snowing but a neighbour did a good deed and brought his snow-thrower and cleared up the front. About 14" and the rain which was forecast has been deferred to tomorrow.
    My eMail is down since last night :mad: (gmail) .......... does anyone have any info? Anything to do with the ongoing Google kerfuffle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

You've just answered a longstanding question of mine about The Twelve Days of Christmas. I've always wondered who, or what, the "lords a-leaping" were and imagined them to be common as muck, hardly worthy of the title, what with all their leaping and prancing about. I see now how wrong I have been. They really were a rare breed indeed. :)
    my god,is it that time of year again ?,lets hope christmas does not fall on friday the 13th,any one know

getz wrote: »
    my god,is it that time of year again ?,lets hope christmas does not fall on friday the 13th,any one know

Afraid I fell for that one getz! Fast forwarded to December before realising. Not as sharp as I used to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Afraid I fell for that one getz! Fast forwarded to December before realising. Not as sharp as I used to be :D
    dont worry mate ,i was ready to go to blackpool beach to help dig up 2,000 tons of sand to send to argentina,so they can drill for their own oil,

getz wrote: »
    dont worry mate ,i was ready to go to blackpool beach to help dig up 2,000 tons of sand to send to argentina,so they can drill for their own oil,

Some fracking job that!

Still snowing - on and off. About 14" but roads are ploughed clear. Hounds very excited as they leap around the field. The expected rain met a cold front and is falling as powder. And now for planning the St Patrick's Day open house ;) .................. . If anyone in the vicinity on the 17th PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭BlancheSparks

Mmmmmmmmmm, tutus.
    Did you see that version of Swan Lake by the Chinese State Circus on You Tube? It is incredible. Sorry I havent got the Link but I am sure that you could search for it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Did you see that version of Swan Lake by the Chinese State Circus on You Tube? It is incredible. Sorry I havent got the Link but I am sure that you could search for it:)

...this maybe?

Afraid it does nothing for me Cicero :D

How come every time I come onto this forum I'm the only one online? Are you all hiding from me? Sob!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    How come every time I come onto this forum I'm the only one online? Are you all hiding from me? Sob!

See?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Aww Jelly I think your nurse is bringing your meds at the wrong time. We are having our bowl of pobs while you are still snoring.

Very impressive snoring by the way, we are having to get the window's reglazed in your end of the wing as they are rattling loose nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭Alice1

I'm very cross and grumpy! I was awake most of the night with a cough and when we went to Mass this morning, there was wan behind us who insisted on speaking aloud for most of the Mass.

Going back to bed for a while soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There's a horrible cold with a cough and chestyness going - I am nearly 3 weeks into it, nearly gone now but still have an irritating little cough, not something I am normally subject to.

However on the plus side I did go out and mow the lawn (teeny lawn!) this morning, took two goes after the winter, but looking rather tidier now. Well to be honest it looks as though a flock of sheep have been chewing at it, but its a start!

Rubecula wrote: »
    Aww Jelly I think your nurse is bringing your meds at the wrong time. We are having our bowl of pobs while you are still snoring.

Very impressive snoring by the way, we are having to get the window's reglazed in your end of the wing as they are rattling loose nowadays.

Huh?? I don't snore 'cos I caaaann't sleeeeeep! It was 4.30am this morning before I had any chance of any zzzzz's! By the way, if anyone is coughing for an unnaturally long time do let me know because I was cured of years of coughing just recently and am enjoying the blessing of cough-free days and nights. I think my body is awake waiting for the coughing to start! It's in shock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

((hugs)) to all those not feeling well at the moment.
    Wrap up warm and mind yourselves.

Looksee - congrats on mowing the lawn, i have been thinking about mowing mine but like you it will be a hack job ... decided to leave it for another weekend. I did though tidy out the front and back and plant some lovely spring flowers so I am feeling virtuous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement