Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Future Merc Ringer

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

mattroche wrote: »
    Hi Johnos, there is an old saying, " when you are in a hole, STOP DIGGING. so I suggest you stop digging.
    I've asked a simple question. What has been said that is libilous?

Nothing. Nobody, including me has accused you of ringing cars. I hilightedthe reg number could appear again and that the car is in better shape than you claim.

Good luck Matt

Just to add: a cheaper way then hiring a solicitor is to ask a mod to lock or delete the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Anyway I do hope what you are saying is true and that useful parts will be used and the rest along with the book scraped.

BUT how can you scrap a car with a non matching book? How can the original car be declared as scraped when in reality its not the one meeting the crusher and the original could be undergoing resto right now?

I don't understand that bit, would it not be illegal to issue a destruction cert when the car is not destroyed by the person issuing the cert?

Not having a go just a genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

I normally just lurk on here, but I feel it's only right to decloak as I think it's a little unfair to cast so much doubt on Matts motives with so little information to back it up.I've looked at a couple of W123s that looked pretty sweet (One barn find springs to mind) but on closer inspection I found places I could put my hand right through that were eaten by the tinworms.So I'm prepared to believe Matts version, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary.I don't approve of ringing and I don't like seeing cars being scrapped either. I fail to see how Matt could be making a lot of money from his hobby and wish him luck with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

if it was a ringer, should the gardai not be involved?

I've contacted the last two owners:

The owner Matt bought it from has given a word for word account identical to Matts

The one before it who recommissioned it years ago has given a word for word rebuff of the other two accounts.

It would appear Matt's version adds up.........but I make no apologies for highlighting the issue that I and he, both claim to dislike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

mattroche wrote: »
    Hi MCMLXXV, What part of taking the Car AND Tax Book out of Circulation do you not understand? You still have NOT answered my question, what would you do under the same circumstances? I am NEW to Boards .IE. I am curious, did your Parent give you such HORRIBLE NAMES that you are embarrased to use them, and use anonynous names instead. My Name is nothing special, but I am quite happto use it.

I think you're confusing me with someone who gives a fcuk another poster as 'then why did you buy it' was my first comment on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I'm keeping this here for future viewers.

This car was sold by my neighbour about a week ago. I never said anything at the time as the car isn't to my tastes. the reg number is 831 BZD

Full-9635971.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/vintagecars/2932740

Now the car has appeared for sale minus it's plates and logbook :rolleyes: which are staying with it's new owner

I know for a fact the car was actually sound although not original everything could have easily been reversed.

Here is the car now

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/vintagecars/3007381

So whenever Matt Roche goes to sell his original Irish Merc we'll be able to here it RINGING alarm bells in our heads

Things like this make me ****ing sick that an ORIGINAL car is scrapped[/Quote

Maybe should change the text in the original post in case some one doesn't get to page 6 to see you were wrong and Matt Roche is a genuine classic car enthusiast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Quoting the post doesn't help..

bbsrs wrote: »
    Maybe should change the text in the original post in case some one doesn't get to page 6 to see you were wrong and Matt Roche is a genuine classic car enthusiast.
    I've highlighted the reg may reappear in the opening post which is still important.

Mods can make decisions on the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i think its best to remember that boardsies can have multiple IDs too.i think that is the case on this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

corktina wrote: »
    i think its best to remember that boardsies can have multiple IDs too.i think that is the case on this thread!

Really? Where?

I think this thread should be moved to CT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

corktina wrote: »
    that's against the rules ... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

davoxx wrote: »
    that's against the rules ... :rolleyes:

And so is ringing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

I'm glad our courts don't operate to the same standards as the Kangaroo Court on here.

I hope the days where folks have to defend themselves against random public accusations on the interweb are limited.

There's still nothing amounting to anything that even looks like evidence being put forward here, and yet a man has had to defend his reputation and his good name.

Shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭f4fay

Shame on all of you people trying to save the "Classic Car Scene " !!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gene Hunt

I'm glad our courts don't operate to the same standards as the Kangaroo Court on here.

I hope the days where folks have to defend themselves against random public accusations on the interweb are limited.

There's still nothing amounting to anything that even looks like evidence being put forward here, and yet a man has had to defend his reputation and his good name.

Shameful.
    Ah listen lads this isn't fair on the man, none of us know the real story here with that merc and maybe he doesn't know the truth about it either ,anyway it's his now he paid for it and probably only good for parts now anyhow cos she's a marked car now in the classic cars scene......so can we let the man get on with his life:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Gene Hunt wrote: »
    so can we let the man get on with his life:)

I don't feel we can expect plenty more worthy contributions to this thread. So closed it will be. If anyone feels I should re-open it, PM me with your reasoning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement