Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone know if the pacific is on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Yup, if you have Sky Movies

I got a 1 month subscription code for the Sky sports pack. I dont have the movies but can you just buy the episodes. I may wait untill the show is finished then. Watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is the sky player back being free? I watched the football on it last night only by chance and I dont have multi room??

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

joe123 wrote: »
    Is the sky player back being free? I watched the football on it last night only by chance and I dont have multi room??

I think there is a promotion on atm where its free for a month until June. What you can watch depends on what Sky package your currently on:

http://skyplayer.sky.com/watch/free-live-tv-channels-online/?DCMP=EMC-acqOFFR_DTH

• Advertisement

Anyone able to tell me how many letters and numbers are on a sky player code ?

I have my sky sports pack its one of the rub of to reveal code ones. It got a bit wet and when i rubbed off the silver it took what looks like the last number with it :mad:

I have SKY then 8 letters/numbers looks like it should be 9 or 10.

• 10 I'm afraid.

Balls

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can anyone tell me if Sky Player will vbe showing the World Cup? I cant seem to find out if Sky actually have the rights to show the matches, and i'm looking for a way to watch them in work (i'm actually being asked my management to see if this is possible). Was thinking of signing up to Sky Player for a while, and watching the matches through the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

AFAIK they will not, world cup games are not put up for auction to premium TV companies as it's meant to be accessible to the people etc. Now they could maybe have separate web viewing access packages for this but I assume the FIFA website has that but as mentioned above RTE player will have all the games and I assume, but only if you're in the UK, BBC and ITV will have similar services.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Just signed up using parents account (They have multiroom and sports) wish I'd known earlier and hadn't watched the tour de france on TG4 and eurosport internet audio - out of sync by 45seconds! Have a upc basic and couldn't afford the extra for the sports. VGA cable now and can watch on my tv.:D

New promotion running now. Enter this code:
    • xboxskysports20
    when signing up to get the 3 month sports pack for €30 (€10 euro per month).

The code is valid until 31 October 2010. Remember, this can be used to watch Sky Player trough your computer, you don't need an xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

mgsrocks wrote: »
    New promotion running now. Enter this code:
    • xboxskysports20
    when signing up to get the 3 month sports pack for €30 (€10 euro per month).

The code is valid until 31 October 2010. Remember, this can be used to watch Sky Player trough your computer, you don't need an xbox.

have you a link to where you sign up for this? do u only need to cancel by the end of the 3rd month not to be charged again at the full price?

johnn wrote: »
    have you a link to where you sign up for this? do u only need to cancel by the end of the 3rd month not to be charged again at the full price?

http://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/page/default/home.do

When you go to subscriptions it gives the option for promo/prepaid codes. Stick in 'xboxskysports20'. You pay the full €30 for 3 months up front.

Once your signed up though you can cancel straight away so you wont be charged more after the promotion period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dubrov

When I stick in the code xboxskysports20 it is accepted but the offer is €30.16 (reduced from €52) per month for the first 3 months.

Do you need to already have the basic sky player package to only pay €10 per month?

dubrov wrote: »
    When I stick in the code xboxskysports20 it is accepted but the offer is €30.16 (reduced from €52) per month for the first 3 months.

Do you need to already have the basic sky player package to only pay €10 per month?

Think i jumped the gun on this promo. I had gotten it off xbox.com:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/skyplayer/
    where it said '£20 for 3 months' but the sky player site says £20 per month. Can a mod delete my posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Sky Player is a bit pants if you're watching it on a computer. The whole service crashed under the strain of the Ryder Cup and the Arsenal v Chelsea match. Tried to watch both streams at the same time and it rejected the 2nd login. They have an apology up on their blog: http://blogs.skyplayer.sky.com/announcements/Post:bad8a112-43de-4fca-92b5-7309bbb615a7

Also if you use it on the web it registers you as a new device everytime. It only allows 4 different devices per month, so if you want to watch it more than 4 times a month you can't. :mad: Because I lost internet connection during viewing, I got a new IP which the player sees as new device. So I'm locked out of it now I until the end of the month. What a farce!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

I had problems yesterday too but with regards the 4 devices issue during the ryder cup yesterday as well but I just removed some of the devices in the device management menu. It does seem like a bit of an issue though that it adds a new device every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Whenever I go to watch something I'm getting a (C:1501 error), anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Whenever I go to watch something I'm getting a (C:1501 error), anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

Hi,

This should sort it for you, what browser are you using? I use Chrome with no issues, but have a read of this post and try what it suggests

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-player/37538-c-1501-error.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Clareman wrote: »
    Hi,

This should sort it for you, what browser are you using? I use Chrome with no issues, but have a read of this post and try what it suggests

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-player/37538-c-1501-error.html

Thanks. Nothing really helps on that thread but I uninstalled Silverlight and reinstalled it again so hopefully that will work. I hope so anyway because I want it to watch the Ireland game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

is it true that from January 1st to watch live tv it will cost an extra 10e on your sky bill??

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

anyone else have problems with gettting shut of banner on sky player? driving me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

AdrianII wrote: »
    is it true that from January 1st to watch live tv it will cost an extra 10e on your sky bill??

I hear it will be €15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

is it not just the sky mobile that will cost money from January? anyone have any links to where it says its going to cost money on the xbox?

This is what it says when you sign in via the skysports website

Sky Sports TV Live
    Free for Sky TV Sports Pack subscribers until 31 December 2010.
    Free for Sky Player TV Sports Pack subscribers.

Does this mean if you will start to be charged for Sky Player if you use it from next year even if you pay for multi-room in your house already? want to know cause i use my mates account who is away in canada and dont want charges to appear on his parents account.

You shouldn't be affected if you are using an account with multi room

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You shouldn't be affected if you are using an account with multi room

So who is this effecting then? i thought you had to have multi-room or it wasnt free at all, not even till the end of the year.

• Advertisement

It is affecting all Sky Sports subscribers who were given Sky Player free until the end of the year

Advertisement