Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CurleyC

Yeah the same, really casual asking what makes a good teacher, how would I deal with 4 year olds etc. Dubai is all full so I have no idea where to put down on my references! Anyone any ideas?? Was thinking Abu Dhabi but there's a few schools in Abu Dhabi aswell and don't really know which ones to choose?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roismagosh

It was groups of three to six people being interviewed. Everyone gets a turn to speak and it's great to hear other people's views and experiences..im hoping for secondary schools..I've Abu Dhabi 1st then sarajah...yeah they aren't taking anyone for Dubai so look up others I'd say :) anyone made their choices yet?

Did you choose your schools yet? Do your research into the locations, PM me if you want advice.

I've asked for Abu Dhabi but if you've any advice on secondary schools it'd be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lauretta86

I only emailed all the documents today except the guarda clearance as I was working everyday. Does that mean that I am too late for the interviews?

lauretta86 wrote: »
    I only emailed all the documents today except the guarda clearance as I was working everyday. Does that mean that I am too late for the interviews?

It depends...the closing date has passed but I've heard of cases occasionally being taken on a one by one basis. But the interviews have already started so it could be some time before you'd hear anything. If you are interviewed it'd be for a specific school that may not be your choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 mregan22

Has anyone got a interview for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sineadg91

Hi,

I have an interview for tomorrow, they just rang me today so a bit sudden! I've heard that Dubai is full so unsure of where else to choose after Abu Dhabi!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ecred

does anyone know if the interviews are over now or are there more next week?

not getting any reply to emails to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

How long do the interviews go for does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 star92

How long do the interviews go for does anyone know?

Mine lasted less than a half an hour

• Advertisement

Its the same as the Skype interview really. Between 20-25 minutes and it flies. Anyone heard word back on their choices yet? Suppose its still early days yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vanilla_bean

Roismagosh wrote: »
    Its the same as the Skype interview really. Between 20-25 minutes and it flies. Anyone heard word back on their choices yet? Suppose its still early days yet :)

You'll be waiting a while :) We only heard in late May/ early June last year, iirc. Returning teachers are only signing their contracts now, transfer requests are still being processed so it will be a while before each school knows exactly how many teachers they need next year.

Don't be surprised if you're not offered any of the schools on your list, I wasn't, I know a lot of people that weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

I had my face to face interview on Friday and was told that I would be emailed a blank sheet and to write down my preferences. However I have not received the email yet, how long was everyone else waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 star92

I had my face to face interview on Friday and was told that I would be emailed a blank sheet and to write down my preferences. However I have not received the email yet, how long was everyone else waiting?

Well done on the interview! Sean emailed us the blank sheet there and then at the end of the interview. Did u sign the contract?

star92 wrote: »
    Well done on the interview! Sean emailed us the blank sheet there and then at the end of the interview. Did u sign the contract?

Yeah I signed the contract at the end of the interview, I wasn't interviewed by Sean though it was someone else, can't remember his name, he told us he would email us the blank sheet but nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bd_90

hi Johnny,I would say e-mail Sean Cooney, he probably just forgot to send it on to you. It was just a blank e mail anyway. I noticed last week you werent impressed when you received the e mail that your application was still being processed. When did you find out you had an interview? Its just my friend received the same e-mail and I was wondering what his chances were of getting an interview :)

You'll be waiting a while :) We only heard in late May/ early June last year, iirc. Returning teachers are only signing their contracts now, transfer requests are still being processed so it will be a while before each school knows exactly how many teachers they need next year.

Don't be surprised if you're not offered any of the schools on your list, I wasn't, I know a lot of people that weren't.
    Ah cheers! Handy to have some sort of time scale! Got an email from mazen saying I'll be informed of the next steps after a while...what else is there to do...

Hey everyone, I just set up a Facebook group for those of us who are heading off in August! I just thought it might be handier to discuss what stage we're at, any problems and general information about Sabis and the Middle East! Anyway if you type Sabis 2014 into FB you should find it! The logo is 3 books! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mregan22

bd_90 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I just set up a Facebook group for those of us who are heading off in August! I just thought it might be handier to discuss what stage we're at, any problems and general information about Sabis and the Middle East! Anyway if you type Sabis 2014 into FB you should find it! The logo is 3 books! :)

cant find it could you copy the link?

mregan22 wrote: »
    cant find it could you copy the link?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/285448238277556?ref=bookmark

Sorry probably should have done that to start with :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Sakm123

Hi guys, me and my partner and daughter are looking to move to Dubai, Alain or Sharjah we are both teachers and have had interviews with sabis recently , we are not sure which area yet but they were our options. We hope to get Dubai because it's closer to family who are already living out there. Does anyone know how long it is until you received the offer from them after your second interviews? We were interviewed by a really nice man called mazzen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PeachLoops

Sakm123 wrote: »
    Hi guys, me and my partner and daughter are looking to move to Dubai, Alain or Sharjah we are both teachers and have had interviews with sabis recently , we are not sure which area yet but they were our options. We hope to get Dubai because it's closer to family who are already living out there. Does anyone know how long it is until you received the offer from them after your second interviews? We were interviewed by a really nice man called mazzen.

Hello. I also had my 2nd interview via Skype with Mazen and am waiting to hear back. I hope it's soon! It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one still waiting. When did you have your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sakm123

Hi, Me too.. Hopefully we will both be successful. I had my interview about 3 weeks ago but my partner had his last week they have said they are treating our application as a joint application because of are a family so we will receive the information regarding if we have got the job or not together. Mazen seemed happy with our interviews so fingers crossed. I guess it's just a waiting game, but I have read on here that Dubai is full. What were your locations if you don't mind me asking? Take care and good luck.
    PeachLoops wrote: »
    Hello. I also had my 2nd interview via Skype with Mazen and am waiting to hear back. I hope it's soon! It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one still waiting. When did you have your interview?

Hi, Me too.. Hopefully we will both be successful. I had my interview about 3 weeks ago but my partner had his last week they have said they are treating our application as a joint application because of are a family so we will receive the information regarding if we have got the job or not together. Mazen seemed happy with our interviews so fingers crossed. I guess it's just a waiting game, but I have read on here that Dubai is full. What were your locations if you don't mind me asking? Take care and good luck.

Fingers crossed you and your partner get through! The waiting is agonising :p I was interviewed around 2 weeks ago. Location-wise I would like anywhere in the UAE - would quite like Sharjah. All the best let me know if you hear back :D

The point is to go out to UAE and experience something. This also gives us the chance to gain valuable teaching experience that we wouldn't have an opportunity in Ireland. It's not just about money but thanks for that valuable piece of advice.

Hello! Just wondering of you heard anything yet? I'm still waiting... Patiently! Haha.

Nope, nothing yet. Will probably be May before we hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 christinarowan

Hey guys I've just had my final interview with Sabis and I think my contract is for a place in Bahrain. The Amwaj Island I think! Anyone else in or around this area??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KirstyK

Hey Guys,

I need to get my masters degree attestation from the UK for my school in Al Ain before the end of the month.
    The Irish degree's appear to be only costing €40 and an additional cost for courier, but with this gang they school suggested in the UK they are charging me almost £300 and that's a 2 weeks service.

does anyone know of any similar situations or if you can go directly to the embassy in London for them to do it for you?

Best,
    Kirsty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 KirstyK

Hey Guys,

I need to get my masters degree attestation from the UK for my school in Al Ain before the end of the month.
    The Irish degree's appear to be only costing €40 and an additional cost for courier, but with this gang they school suggested in the UK they are charging me almost £300 and that's a 2 weeks service.

does anyone know of any similar situations or if you can go directly to the embassy in London for them to do it for you?

Best,
    Kirsty

Advertisement