Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking UPS price

• 15-03-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

Got an item off ebay and paid 35 dollars postage - the items value was 89 dollars and the seller shipped it normal post, with a declared customs value of 4.95.
    Just trying to find out how much the seller would have actually paid for shipping out of curiosity, but the UPS website isnt very user friendly -I cant seem to get a quote at all. the item weighed only 2lbs, and can anyone tell me how I can find out - without trying the UPS website. Would other postal services be roughly same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Was it sent courier by UPS or just the American Postal Service USPS? Both have a online calculator thats easy to use.

A 2 pound packet from US to Ireland by Priority mail is $36. Depends if they use a fixed rate box or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Standard post not courier, website wouldnt give me any info so your reply was helpful thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

BengaLover wrote: »
    Standard post not courier, website wouldnt give me any info so your reply was helpful thanks.

If it's standard courier then do you mean USPS, US Postal Service? That's standard post. UPS is United Parcel Service and is a courier. Both have online calculators...

USPS:
    http://ircalc.usps.com/

UPS: https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/requestWBPM_lid=homepage/ct1.html_pnl_ctc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Yes I know, but none were useful and didnt give me a cost, think having no postal code can make these websites non responsive sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Yes I know, but none were useful and didnt give me a cost, think having no postal code can make these websites non responsive sometimes.

I've managed to get costs on both sites using the zip code sent from and Dublin as the locality/area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Got an item off ebay and paid 35 dollars postage - the items value was 89 dollars and the seller shipped it normal post, with a declared customs value of 4.95.
    Maybe you should contact Customs and let them know that the package value declaration was false and that you may be liable for Vat?

I also had no problem using the usps.com site

Advertisement