Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three months left until the leaving cert..is it too late?

• 26-02-2012 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

i got 365 in my mocks with study the night before each exam

irish - 77
    english - 70
    maths (ordinary) - 65
    business - 73
    french - 51
    geography - 51
    music - 49 (i was looking for an A in this :/)
    chemistry - 35 :/

i wont be counting french or maths in my best 6 in june, i dont think anyway.

anyway,is it still possible to get 500 points in june with three months of hard study?
    please help :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

I was in a similar situation with my leaving. I pretty much gave up my social life and just got down to studying every night. I got just over 250points extra than I had in the mocks.

You can do it, but you really have to knuckle down. Its only 3 months of hard work so its not that bad really.

Besides you will have enough good weekends in college to more than make up for it. So yeh... just get studying :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

lolabearxx wrote: »
    i got 365 in my mocks with study the night before each exam

irish - 77
    english - 70
    maths (ordinary) - 65
    business - 73
    french - 51
    geography - 51
    music - 49 (i was looking for an A in this :/)
    chemistry - 35 :/

i wont be counting french or maths in my best 6 in june, i dont think anyway.

anyway,is it still possible to get 500 points in june with three months of hard study?
    please help :(

Did you lose marks because you left questions out or got questions wrong, or just didn't have a clue what you were being asked? Find out where you lost the marks and work on those areas.

If you do the work, of course it's possible, but nothing happens just because you want it to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭lolabearxx

Gonzor wrote: »
    I was in a similar situation with my leaving. I pretty much gave up my social life and just got down to studying every night. I got just over 250points extra than I had in the mocks.

You can do it, but you really have to knuckle down. Its only 3 months of hard work so its not that bad really.

Besides you will have enough good weekends in college to more than make up for it. So yeh... just get studying :)

thanks so much for the advise guys!!! but how much study did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

Not too late! I got an E in chemistry in my mocks and managed to get it up to a C2, not the best result ever but still a huge improvement.
    As for how much study to do, pretty much as much as you possibly can. 3 months is a long time. Everything else needs to go out the window until you sit that last exam.
    Sounds extreme but it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

i most certainly hope not:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭lolabearxx

lctake2 wrote: »
    Not too late! I got an E in chemistry in my mocks and managed to get it up to a C2, not the best result ever but still a huge improvement.
    As for how much study to do, pretty much as much as you possibly can. 3 months is a long time. Everything else needs to go out the window until you sit that last exam.
    Sounds extreme but it's worth it.

a c2 would do me just fine! what kind of study timetable approach would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

everybody says 3 months is loads of timr but im not so convinced i got 300 in the mocks but want 415 in the leavin..absolutely freakin :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

It is. I was the same last year. You'll be disappointed with some of your mock results. Some subjects you'll wonder why you got such a low grade. Then in the real thing you might get an even worse one but balance it out by doing better in other subjects.

Fear is a great thing at times. And how happy you'll be when you see you've got what you wanted in August. Freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

It's not too late!!!

You'd be amazed at how much you can cover over the next 10 weeks or so. Get your head down now, delete your facebook and remember to take time to relax your mind.
    Go for walks to get fresh air and you will take more in. You'll have a long summer and student life ahead of you to go out and have fun so just sacrifice the next few weeks for the greater good.

Give it everything you've got. And when you think you're doing all you can, do a bit more. Its a one time thing, make the most of it. You'll appreciate the work you did afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Im not gonna call it studying, because for me the Leaving Cert is just one big memory test. Just memorize as many facts as you can from now until then and do a bit every night and you should be fine. I remember my leaving cert and thinking I could go up 200 pounds. Its harder then it sounds.. Don't let people here fool you into thinking "you can do it just believe in yourself :D" believing in yourself is grand but you need to apply yourself...

• Advertisement
Advertisement