Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy & Reemployment

• 25-01-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have tried ROS & SW site but cannot find an answer to my query.

If a person got redundancy before xmas hols....How long before the employee can be reemployed with the same company? Is there something that the employer cannot claim their tax back if employee returns within a certain period?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rose14

There is a waiting period alright but not sure how long, 6 months I think I heard but not 100% on that. Did you google it?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

MRyan1981 wrote: »
    I have tried ROS & SW site but cannot find an answer to my query.

If a person got redundancy before xmas hols....How long before the employee can be reemployed with the same company? Is there something that the employer cannot claim their tax back if employee returns within a certain period?

Thanks in advance

Were you told by the company that they would re-employ you?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭UMMMM

I have sat in on a few redunancy meetings and with company they say you are welcome to apply after 30 days for a new position if one arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

6 months in my last case. is there any reason in particular you want to hold out for the same company? why not use it as a chance to move on and grow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MRyan1981

Hello & thanks for replies.
    This is not me...Its somebody in another company that was let go b4 xmas & got redundancy but was never Actually let go. But back on a 3 day wk at same pay (on 3 day basis) same job and is on the payroll... We were just wondering surely there is some clause there against this on the revenue side of the redundancy payment?? IF this could be done...Why was the other person in the office not given their redundancy also..Its not really fair...Very odd situation!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement