Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Like Being Single?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Neadine wrote: »
    I have had a 'friends with benefits' situation. But I'm not sure it happened in a way that these things usually do - is there a right and wrong way to achieve a friend with benefits? :rolleyes:
    Anyway, at one point we had been in a relationship, which ended for a whole host of reasons, anyway, we moved on from that to the point where we were good friends, he was someone I could talk to about anything and was always really supportive. Anyway, it went from being relationship, to friendship, to 'benefriends' (I like that word, it's MINE!) Anyway, it was something that would happen from time to time and in the interim it was just friends, but then at some point he wanted to try again.... I didn't... PROBLEM!

Yeah you see that's the problem. If it's goes on for long enough, someone invariably ends up wanting more. So someone gets hurt, even if there never was any intention of it being any more than a handy lay.

I thought for the longest time that it was a nice set-up for me to get into, but alas I am too emotional a creature for any sort of enduring fcuk buddy relationship. It just leads to headfuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Julie678

I dont like being single,i love having a relationship,and all it brings,we need men,im 51,been there dobe that,just hoping to find a nice guy,any tips,,

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

I genuinely love being single.. I hate sharing my bed! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I genuinely love being single.. I hate sharing my bed! :p

Haha, that is the one thing I hate about a relationship! I'm not good at sharing a bed, I'm naturally a very warm person, and when it comes to sharing a bed I get too hot and often have to go to another room to sleep :P I also toss and turn alot, and like to sleep on my face, diagonally, with my arms wrapped around the pillow and my legs wrapped around the duvet! I do not make for a good bed-sharing partner :D

coco_lola wrote: »
    Haha, that is the one thing I hate about a relationship! I'm not good at sharing a bed, I'm naturally a very warm person, and when it comes to sharing a bed I get too hot and often have to go to another room to sleep :P I also toss and turn alot, and like to sleep on my face, diagonally, with my arms wrapped around the pillow and my legs wrapped around the duvet! I do not make for a good bed-sharing partner :D

I know exactly what you mean! Nobody I know will share a bed with me they know it's a terrible idea! I'd be totally up for the whole separate beds in a marriage thing :D:p lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I am the same, I have never liked sharing a bed with anyone even if that would be friends/family, despite never been in a relationship long enough to have to deal with that sort of thing.

I like my comforts and be able to sleep the way I want without fighting over the duvet or one takes up too much space in the bed or one of us falls out of the bed which often leads me almost hanging off the side of the bed.

I'm a very good sleeper but I find sharing a bed with someone I can't sleep very well. End up tossing and turning anyway regardless. I've to keep warm though. I get cold very easily as I don't retain heat very well so would have everything possible to keep me warm in my bed for the night otherwise I won't sleep if its too cold or too hot.

I breath heavily when I sleep so the other person might not be able to sleep either.

I have no problems sharing a room with someone I rather share a room than a bed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

going to update this, my 2nd post in this thread, but fcuk yeahi love being single! :D
    imho i think you need to already experience a long term relationship and/or be in your 20s, so much to do, so many choices, nothing to worry/think/care about except maybe cash and that kinda thing but thats everyone anyway, and just feeling good! :D

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    going to update this, my 2nd post in this thread, but fcuk yeahi love being single! :D
    imho i think you need to already experience a long term relationship and/or be in your 20s, so much to do, so many choices, nothing to worry/think/care about except maybe cash and that kinda thing but thats everyone anyway, and just feeling good! :D

Exactly! I have friends from school that have been in the same relationships for 5 or 6 years now, all through their late teens and early 20s and if theyre happy fine but thats not for me at all! Far too much fun to be had :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cavanlass

Caraville wrote: »
    Honestly, no. I hate it. I like having my freedom and I have loads of friends but I'd prefer to have someone specific to share my time with. And pathetic and all as I may seem, as I get older it does get a bit more depressing- singledom never bothered me til the last 2 or 3 years.

I am grateful not to be in an unhappy relationship though, so it's not all bad.

Could not have said it better myself........ trying the online thing to meet someone but im just not sure its the way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i do and i dont if im being honest!

it would be nice to have that someone to connect with and be all lovey dovey with....i wouldnt feel as lonely as i do sometimes and i would not be as insecure about everything....

on the other hand i dont think i would have the energy or the trust to get into a relationship. i have a few friends that are in relationships and to be honest it puts me off having one! One is a clingy control freak, one is a clingy slave so attached to him she will never leave him and will let him basically mess her around and the other one seems to have relationships pretty much sorted at the beginning before she has a massive freak out and does something stupid!

i dont understand it! If i was in a relationship, i could not handle being with a clingy person, i really couldnt! i need my space, i need room to breathe without them always being around.....

i think it is clear that i like being single, i wouldnt mind a relationship but for the moment i like my freedom and space. I love how i am not tied down to this person, that my life does not revolve around them and that their life does not revolve around! i dont think i could stand it....i would have to get rid of them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

I have always enjoyed being in a relationship but at the moment i am loving being single, I think I need a break to be just me again, not half of a couple, and re establish myself. Altho when you get an invite to a wedding or something then it kinda sucks til I rope one of my friends into going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Would not have it any other way, I like my own space not that I have much of it with 3 kids but I have no desire to get in a relationship, I've don't get why people even if their not seriously in to their bf/gf the I have to be in a relationship I have to have someone, I just don't get them, I like the fact I can do what I like when I like, and no one to answer to ;) watch what's on the telly the remote is mine:)

Advertisement