Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

keycamp.ie v keycamp.co.uk

• 03-02-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,774 ✭✭✭✭

This is weird, i clicked a link when looking at a campsite in south France

I got quoted this

14 Villanova 29 2 Bed + Deck £ 736.80

Then realised that was a link to keycamp.co.uk, so keycamp.ie gives this for the very same option

14 Villanova 29 2 Bed + Deck € 528.00

This is ballpark a difference of €350, so I am wondering am I doing something wrong or is it for real?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭nompere

Their pricing does seem a bit odd. I did my own search, based on a campsite I know from a few years ago, and with a bit of cutting and pasting from the two sites, I got this:

La Garangeoire
    nr. St Julien-des-Landes, Vendee

Tue 31/07/12 5 nights Villagrand 3 Bed + Deck £1,002
    Tue 31/07/12 5 nights Villagrand 3 Bed + Deck €983

It's not as big a difference as you got, but still a substantial saving.

(Don't tell the people in the "Rip off Ireland" forum. It would ruin all their preconceptions.)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,774 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

FYI, i got onto the UK, online help and this is the response I got.

You are now chatting with 'Laura'

Laura: Good afternoon, How can I help?

you: hi there, i was wondering how come it is much more expensive to book via keycamp.co.uk as opposed to keycamp.ie for the very same thing? as in club farret in languedoc

Laura: Hi there

Laura: If you can bear with me one moment, i'll check this with the pricing team for you...

Laura: Won't be too long...thank you

you: may for 14 nights is £736 on uk, but only €528 on ie site, a difference of approx €350

Laura: Thanks for your patience...I've just had a quick work with the manager who has explained the reason for this difference. It appears that certain resorts will appeal more to either the English or France market at different times of year. Club Faret will be under higher demand from the english market and this will therefore reflect in the prices

Laura: You may find there are other resorts that work out cheaper on through the English website (keycamp.co.uk) it will totally depend on the demand based on previous years...this is something that our pricing team investigate and set up based on historical bookings

Laura: I can see from "Visitor Info" that you actually reside in Ireland? In this instance, your parc choice/time of travel is obviously working out better for you booking through Keycamp i.e under the euro rate...

you: yea, i had clicked a link from another website which brought me to the uk version. i just thought it was weird and was making sure it was the same thing i was getting

Laura: Absolutley, You will still be booking the exact same site/accommodation...don't you worry :-)

you: will tell all my uk mates to book via .ie from now on :)

Laura: :-) It's definately worth comparing the 2 yes...as I say, It can depend on parc choice, dates etc though but worth checking, why not!

you: thanks a bunch

Laura: You're very welcome! Is there anything else I can help with today?

you: no thanks, all sorted now, have a good weekend :)

Laura: You too, All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Why would you call them???:confused: Doesn't make sense,

If you spot a bargain then jump on it, did you want to pay more????

If they made a mistake then its their bad luck why spoil it for every body else. All you had to do was book it print out the receipt and job done

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Why would you call them???:confused: Doesn't make sense,

If you spot a bargain then jump on it, did you want to pay more????

If they made a mistake then its their bad luck why spoil it for every body else. All you had to do was book it print out the receipt and job done

i didnt call them, it was an online typing chat thingy, and i only did it out of curiosity.

i actually rang the irish office to book and got loads of extras for free + further discount, saving about €60 on the irish price!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭pink100

got a good deal with crystal... 2 mobiles for price of 1 for 2 weeks end of june.happy out..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Why use either? Book direct and save hundreds.....

Dr. Nick wrote: »

Not necessarily, it was about €300 more expensive to go direct

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I tried direct 2 years ago and I would have saved nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

It used to be the opposite a few years ago. The .co.uk version was always cheaper for the same holiday. The other european versions were cheaper again keycamp.nl and keycamp.de. Check out eurocamp aswell (.co.uk/.nl/.de versions) its the same company.

stevieob wrote: »
    Not necessarily, it was about €300 more expensive to go direct

Odd, we've gone to 4 and 5 stars places over the years and keycamp etc. could never come near the prices for similar locations. To be fair, we usually don't go to places that have keycamp etc., which has the added bonus of very few UK or Irish holidaymakers.
    Last year however we did, must look it up later to see how it compares this year.

• Advertisement

Last year however we did, must look it up later to see how it compares this year.

Direct: http://resanet.webcamp.fr/resa.php €1582
    Canvas: http://www.canvasholidays.co.uk/Search-Results.aspx?wait=0 £1948
    eurocamp: http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/book/bookonline/searchResults.cfm £1894 (worse dates)

This had been my general experience therefore I gave up on them years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 angelarm

pink100 wrote: »
    got a good deal with crystal... 2 mobiles for price of 1 for 2 weeks end of june.happy out..
    Pink 100 can I ask how you booked with crystal I can't find them on line we would like to get this deal for ourselves and the inlaws, is crystal still with thomson, thanks was just going to book with key camp their deals are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭pink100

Hi, we just happened to pick up a book from travel agents one day and spotted the deal. they have a website which you may be able to get deals from,
    http://www.crystalholidays.ie/

Advertisement