Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A visualisation of development on Boards.ie

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats very cool.... look at Ross running around like a mad yoke :)

Very impressive and shows how much work has been done on the site!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Never let it be said that Boards.ie was ever in a state of non-development. If anything the video is yet another demonstration of the effect you and Ross had on the site. It was like a game of space invaders in there from mid 2009 onwards, Ross was a bit lonely before that :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Haha, it looks like I went into shock shortly after Conor arrived; he banged into a bunch of experimental modutils stuff and I just sorta poked at the CSS/JS and watched :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

You need to add the music from tron to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 derekjones

impressive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Wheres the black hole to represent the hacking!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

joe316 wrote: »
    Wheres the black hole to represent the hacking!!! :)

Site didn't just disappear when hacked.

If you check around 21st - 22nd of January 2010 you'll see it in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Cool, I must run that against some of the projects where I work to see what happens :).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I have no idea what's going on there but it sure is purty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

In a nutshell it is a video representation of data from our logs. The logs keep a record of who edited files and when they were edited. So you can see how boards has grown over the last few years :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I have no idea what's going on there but it sure is purty

Likewise.... Kinda feels like I should of been high whilst watching it :p

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement