Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone(MyWay)

• 13-09-2011 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else seen the new Vodafone price plans, there just as **** as the old ones but these one's are so complicated you'll forget you were looking for a good deal.
    For example and i'm going to probably upset my gob****e friends still on Vodafone for this but the entry level iphone plan gives you 0 minutes and 0 texts to all your friends not on Vodafone and less data than 3 for 69.98 ohh and don't forget to add in 199.00 for the cost of the phone on a 24mt contract.
    Seriously why did they bother.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, had a look at them yesterday and quickly realised it's a scam designed to hide the fact you're being ripped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

have a look at vodafone myway complete plus, when you order it says 1gb

but the T&C's state 500mb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

LH2011 wrote: »
    have a look at vodafone myway complete plus, when you order it says 1gb

but the T&C's state 500mb!
    The T&Cs were changed to reflect the 1GB earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Anyone else seen the new Vodafone price plans, there just as **** as the old ones but these one's are so complicated you'll forget you were looking for a good deal.
    For example and i'm going to probably upset my gob****e friends still on Vodafone for this but the entry level iphone plan gives you 0 minutes and 0 texts to all your friends not on Vodafone and less data than 3 for 69.98 ohh and don't forget to add in 199.00 for the cost of the phone on a 24mt contract.

Samsung Galaxy S II on a 18 month plan:

Three:
    €40 pm + €169 = €889
    You get 350 flexi units, all you can eat data.
    Free Three calls/texts.
    Total comes out most expensive.
    Network quality is questionable (2G/3G issues), support is crap.

Meteor:
    €25/€30 pm + €170 = (25x12 + 30x6 + 170) = €650
    200 mins/texts, 1G of data
    Free Meteor calls/texts.
    Coverage can be problematic.

Vodafone:
    €30 pm + €100 = €640
    No inclusive other network minutes or texts, 1G of data.
    Free Vodafone calls/texts.
    Coverage is good.

Everyone I call or text is on Vodafone. With the above, Vodafone comes out as the cheapest and it's hard to argue that their network coverage is the best. For an additional €10.5 I would get 100 minutes of international minutes, that's 10c per minute for any international destination. International data roaming on Vodafone is also by far the cheapest out of the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Three:
    €40 pm + €169 = €889
    Free Three calls/texts.

Meteor:
    Free Meteor calls/texts.

Vodafone:
    €30 pm + €100 = €640
    Coverage is good.

Everyone I call or text is on Vodafone. With the above, Vodafone comes out as the cheapest and it's hard to argue that their network coverage is the best. For an additional €10.5 I would get 100 minutes of international minutes, that's 10c per minute for any international destination. International data roaming on Vodafone is also by far the cheapest out of the three. I don't need all you can eat data, 1G is enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 i hate sprouts

Classic example from a mobile operator trying to hide their prices and confuse the customer. Their web site is realy bad, youcant actually see what the plans are, you have to rely on them to tell you what plan is best for you.... really poor and a total rip off. Meteor and 3 offer free Iphones on all their plans, vodafone dont and this is their way of covering it up and confusing the customer.

Meteor offer the most straight forward plans with what looks like the best value, I also just roamed in Italy with them and had no extra charges which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Meteor and 3 offer free Iphones on all their plans,
    Sorry, but there's no such thing as a free phone - the operators are hoping that you'll be dumb enough to fall for the "free iPhone" crap, and then they'll ride you for two years.

You should always ignore the big price sticker, and work out how much you'll spend over the minimum contract period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

blaz wrote: »

Three:
    €40 pm + €169 = €889
    Free Three calls/texts.

Meteor:
    Free Meteor calls/texts.

Vodafone:
    €30 pm + €100 = €640
    Coverage is good.

Everyone I call or text is on Vodafone. With the above, Vodafone comes out as the cheapest and it's hard to argue that their network coverage is the best. For an additional €10.5 I would get 100 minutes of international minutes, that's 10c per minute for any international destination. International data roaming on Vodafone is also by far the cheapest out of the three. I don't need all you can eat data, 1G is enough.
    I've been on Meteor's website, and I can't fine the Galaxy S II anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

This post has been deleted.
    Out of stock. What use is that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement