Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

seven-iron wrote: »
    I borrow the loo-roll out of the gym

Surely you mean steal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Surely you mean steal?

No - he said he borrowed the loo roll so he obviously put it back when he was finished with it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

Surely you mean steal?
    No - he said he borrowed the loo roll so he obviously put it back when he was finished with it!

well yea, ok i suppose it is stealing if you can call it that. I am a fully paid up member so its subjective depending which way you look at it. I dont take full loo rolls either, sometimes there may only be 20% of it left. And I dont take the soap or anything so I do have a balance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Here's a good un.... Golf outing,everyone brings a prize and the winner gets first pick and so on.No one knows who contributed what.All put on a table together

Close to Xmas ,so the second prizewinner chose a nice bottle of Jamison .

Aparently when he went to have a snifter after the Xmas dinner he got....cold fcuking tea!!!:D:D:D

Funniest thing I've read in ages :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GavDeMav

Love the thread guys, heres my 2 cents:D

I moved out with a "good" friend of mine into a 2 bed appartment. I payed his 400euro deposit in the understanding that he would pay me back. He was working as was I. He got lends of money of me all the same saying he hadnt been payed from work etc etc. I obliged. He never cleaned up, we had no dishwasher so I said when we moved in when we cooked and ate clean it up straight away, best way to work it I think? We had a plate, bowl, fork, knife etc each. Handy dandy. But the ****er would use up his stuff and fire em in the sink then use mine when he wanted a meal again! He decided to get a dog then as did I. We had a back garden so I put mine outside after he was trained (pup) He on the other hand kept his in his bedroom pissing and ****ting around his room ( fully grown dog ) The dog also chewed up some of the borders around the doors! There was a bathroom and a en-suite. I got the en-suite due to a game of rock papers and scissors. There was only a bath in the appartment toilet so he wanted to have showers so I said sure use the one in my room...

After awhile there he got sacked from his job, had **** all money except the dole and owed me the bones of a grand including the deposit. I was the only one that cleaned up the appartment (mopped, swept bought cleaning products) He bought nothing in that sense he just got his food for the week. Eventually he stopped buying food choosing to eat mine. So I said enough is enough. You have your side of the press and I'll have mine. Same with fridge. He thought this was funny and started making me out to be scabby to everyone else. I still didn't make bits of him in front of everyone by telling everyone how much he owed me and what he got upto. He then got a g/f we both know her shes sound. But he practically moved her in! She may aswell have lived there, he had her, and the dog in the bed every night:eek: (he let the dog sleep in the bed with him and girl and it was a single bed!)

He knew I wasnt happy with him and he started just barging into my room when he wanted a shower without knocking. I could be butt naked etc or asleep. I let that go. I had some hash ( a fresh quater ) I used to like to unwind in the evening by listening to music and having a cuppa and a reefer:) The mother ****er because he wasnt working used to snoop through all my stuff in my room. The ****ING **** CUT A CHUNK OF MY HASH OFF MY QUATER! Then the cheeky mother ****er when I came in he was smoking it in the sitroom and I said because I knew he had no money. Where did you get that?? "Oh I found it in my room" I said alright no bother. Got a shower, fed and settled down and watched a bit o tv. The prick then asked me did I want a smoke of a joint. I said yeah alrite. Later on I went into my room stuck on a couple of tunes and kicked back. Took my tools of the trade out (rizla, smokes, lighter) and when I opened the drawer to get my smoke I looked at it and couldnt believe it! Jumped out of the bed and said to him, you ****ing chopped a piece of my hash didnt you. Point blank denied it, I showed em the lump and the cut mark on it. He still denied it. I bought e lock safe and locked my door after that then. The mother ****er..

About a month later I had finished up the job I was working on and was out of work until something came up. He was out of work aswell still. Bills etc were tough and so was the rent. He started working again and I asked him for some of the money he owed me every week he said yeah no bother. No sign of it even after annoying him costantly. Eventually I got fed up and ****ed em up in a knot. The following week he just turned around and said I'm moving out. Leaving me in a 2 bedroomed appartment with no work and having to pay the rent. Needless to say I was happy he was gone. But put it to him that he would have to find someone to move in. Yeah no bother he said. Yeah right! He broke up with his ex awhile before that and she lended up coming back to the appartment for a party. Yes indeedy... I banged the ass off her! Yeehaw! :pac: She then told me that he used to snoop in my room etc etc. So I knew I was right. This pissed em off when he heard I banged her, I was delighted.

Following year we kinda got on civil terms and I had sold him a set of turntable decks a year or more ago and they were sitting up in my house as he had left them there. I of course stuck them in the buy and sell and sold em!:D:D:D

He text me asking for them when we where on civil terms and I just said I dont have them, he asked why. I said I sold them for some of the money you owed me. No txt back! Muhawhawhawhawhaw!:cool:

Revenge is sweet my friends, what goes around comes around. He recently got kicked out of home and wrote his car off. Karma..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

you sound like you're great fun to live with ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

GavDeMav wrote: »
    Love the thread guys, heres my 2 cents:D
    Revenge is sweet my friends, what goes around comes around. He recently got kicked out of home and wrote his car off. Karma..
    All that just sounds like you were his willing b!tch when you lived together.....

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

In our job we have had some dealings with an overseas lawyer a while back. At the time we were flying over to a meeting in Cairo and he booked the flights on the company credit card.

About 9 months later my boss got a bill on her statement for the four seasons, with phone calls and room service rounding up to €3,500, in Cairo when she wasn't even in the country plus no longer had dealings with this person.

When she emailed the hotel to find out about it they said he claimed that it was a company credit card and that he just didnt have it on him (he referred to it as they had her details from the last trip on file).

the cheeky beggar!!! luckily she go it refunded.

i have an aquaintance who texts me all the time asking me to call as she doesnt wants to waste credit on me!! The last time she did it i replied "oh yeah im free, you can call me anytime" i actually haven't heard from her since!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

LauraLoo wrote: »
    i have an aquaintance who texts me all the time asking me to call as she doesnt wants to waste credit on me!! The last time she did it i replied "oh yeah im free, you can call me anytime" i actually haven't heard from her since!!!

I have a stingy mate who uses a similar excuse when he wants me to ring him ,but his last excuse took the biscuit!

He rang me and said "quick ring me back my battery is just about to go":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

On Monday the local council were out trimming the verge. This farmer from nearby was walking behind the cutter collecting the cut grass in his wheelbarrow. What a miser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

GavDeMav wrote: »

I had some hash ( a fresh quater ) I used to like to unwind in the evening by listening to music and having a cuppa and a reefer:)

The prick then asked me did I want a smoke of a joint. I said yeah alrite. Later on I went into my room stuck on a couple of tunes and kicked back. Took my tools of the trade out (rizla, smokes, lighter) and when I opened the drawer to get my smoke

He broke up with his ex awhile before that and she lended up coming back to the appartment for a party. Yes indeedy... I banged the ass off her! Yeehaw! :pac: She then told me that he used to snoop in my room etc etc. So I knew I was right. This pissed em off when he heard I banged her, I was delighted.

I had sold him a set of turntable decks

Stephen???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

Another amusing one in this (hotel) bar was this middle aged women who would bring in her own tea bags.
    She would then kindly ask the staff for a pot of boiling water and a cup. Then spend hours in the lounge sipping away at no expense.
    :p

some girls were doing that in college canteen until canteen started charging for a cup of hot water - now thats stingy!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

I know someone, who is fairly well to do, who glues pieces of old bicycle tyre on to the soles of his trainers when they wear down.

I think he's had his current pair about 15 years with a resoling every 2 months or so. He runs a couple of miles each day in them.

Also, I once worked in a museum and one day we hosted a reception for an fairly well known foreign ambassador. She took a case of wine and three trays of sandwiches away with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I once saw a guy give a bum €1 and take 50 cent change back out of the cup.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

cosmic wrote: »

Surely this is only half stingy !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

cosmic wrote: »

I saw a guy do the same thing in the subway in New York. The guy needed change for the ticket machine and he just dipped into the bag of the musician playing the guitar next to him and got change of a dollar. From what I could make out he never left any money for the musician either....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 caspertheghost

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I hate mean people.

The really, really mean kind who always missed their round even before the R word was mentioned. The kind who always sit on their hands when the charity box went around the office.

My favourite was a friend of a friends Dad who had two TVs on top of each other. Because one had no sound and the other had no picture :pac:

So whats the worst you've ever heard?

Brilliant!

I knew a girl once who'd visit me where I live (a town with little free parking). She used to live there herself a while back in an appartment with parking. To access the parking you'd have to go through a big hassle with codes to open gates and what have ya. The code was never changed and even though she had a good job she'd open the gates and take a residents spot. I couldn't believe it. The paid parking was about 50 c an hour at the time. She was tight.

A few years back before I had a car, I was seeing this teacher from Tipp town. Now we were both working in a fairly rural town but I was still an apprentice and cldnt afford a car. So a lot of wends she would be going home through Tralee and I would maybe once a month at best get a lift off her to the bus station in Tralee.

Bascially I would jump out at traffic lights so she never had to go out of her way or anything and even though we were a couple she would always ask for €5 off me for petol...my girlfriend was fcuking charging me...she didnt last long...:D

But teachers are generally very miserable people...lots of experience..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Hogzy wrote: »
    Im a cheapskate, In Mahon Point cinema in cork i never pay the disgracfully high prices for popcorn and a drink €9 so i go to Tesco (in the same building) and buy a big bad of Manhattan popcorn and a bottle of coke for €3

But before ye go critiscising im a student so im allowed to do things like thta:D

Me n my friends do the exact same :o Sometimes we'd even buy the cones of popcorn n hide them in our bags!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16 caspertheghost

A few years back before I had a car, I was seeing this teacher from Tipp town. Now we were both working in a fairly rural town but I was still an apprentice and cldnt afford a car. So a lot of wends she would be going home through Tralee and I would maybe once a month at best get a lift off her to the bus station in Tralee.

Bascially I would jump out at traffic lights so she never had to go out of her way or anything and even though we were a couple she would always ask for €5 off me for petol...my girlfriend was fcuking charging me...she didnt last long...:D

But teachers are generally very miserable people...lots of experience..:mad:

No way! My story is about a teacher too. They are a miserable lot.

• Advertisement

No way! My story is about a teacher too. They are a miserable lot.

Oh yeah teachers are notoriously miserable.

There is a teacher in the local national at the moment...he is prob the only one in the world without a mobile...as he lives next to the school he uses the school phone as his personal phone and spends half the day making calls it.

In the trade profession there is a saying:

"Never work for teachers and guards."

They are both as bad as each other and expect everything for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

In the trade profession there is a saying:

"Never work for teachers and guards."

They are both as bad as each other and expect everything for free.

Although part of that may be good money management,tbh.Yeah I know loads of the casses mentioned here seem to be extremes . . . but teachers and guards traditionally earned sh!t money.
    (BTW I dont want a whole load of responses about public sector wages,this is a light-hearted thread)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Well i admit im a big thight with money and so what i ask you. For example i will never go to the cinema at night just during the day so i can get it cheaper, will never buy coke or popcorn there will buy it at the nearest tesco beforehand. I will never pay for a bag at the supermarket never even if i have to walk 2 miles with shooping in my arms.
    Also i will never ever get a taxi home on nights out i always walk home and that takes me a hour and a half to 2 hours, i just dont beleive in wasting money on taxis, before i go home i might get some chips which i haggle for in the chiper usually only pay 1 euro when they are 2 euro, and if i go to the local spar or centra and want wedges i dont ask for a portion i ask for 10 wedges which i get for 80 cent always the same price because they know me and laught at it, wheras the person who orders a portion gets maybe 12 to 13 wedges and pays 2 euro for it so basically im making a good saving.

Will somebody please give this guy a gold medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

GA361 wrote: »
    Although part of that may be good money management,tbh.Yeah I know loads of the casses mentioned here seem to be extremes . . . but teachers and guards traditionally earned sh!t money.
    (BTW I dont want a whole load of responses about public sector wages,this is a light-hearted thread)

Yes it is a light hearted thread so dont sh!t on it with your 2 cents mr. teacher, bad pay my arse

Ah but you see...people who earn a lot less money never delay in paying their bills...teachers and guards are obsessed..they think everyone else is earning far more than them..but lets not side track the thread.

NedTermo wrote: »
    Yes it is a light hearted thread so dont sh!t on it with your 2 cents mr. teacher, bad pay my arse

Yes,I'm a seventeen year old teacher:rolleyes:
    Ah but you see...people who earn a lot less money never delay in paying their bills...teachers and guards are obsessed..they think everyone else is earning far more than them..but lets not side track the thread.

I agree,let's not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CallMeMiss

Another amusing one in this (hotel) bar was this middle aged women who would bring in her own tea bags.
    She would then kindly ask the staff for a pot of boiling water and a cup. Then spend hours in the lounge sipping away at no expense.
    :p

I was in college during the year. At least 5 days a week I would be in the library from 10am - 8/9pm.

I love my tea and coffee and would have at least 5 cups a day. Now the canteen in college was charging about 2.30 per cup. So one day I said feck this and started bringing on my own tea bags and coffee.
    Saved a bomb untill the ba£*%ds started charging for the hot water!!!

Anyway I dont think its stingy I think its smart....

CallMeMiss wrote: »
    I was in college during the year. At least 5 days a week I would be in the library from 10am - 8/9pm.

I love my tea and coffee and would have at least 5 cups a day. Now the canteen in college was charging about 2.30 per cup. So one day I said feck this and started bringing on my own tea bags and coffee.
    Saved a bomb untill the ba£*%ds started charging for the hot water!!!

Anyway I dont think its stingy I think its smart....

Ever hear of a flask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Will somebody please give this guy a gold medal.

I ain't paying for it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CallMeMiss

Ever hear of a flask?

Yes smartarse I have. But its much more convenient to throw a couple of tea bags into my bag than carry a flask around with me all day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement