Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pub in Naas???

• 16-06-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Heading to Naas on Friday night and were thinking of going to a pub before we head to Time.. Have never really been to a pub in Naas and was wondering which would be the best for Atmosphere, Music etc?

Cheers in Advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Lawlors or Graces should do the job for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eeep

Depends - Graces is really good and a lot of people go there before hitting TimeI'm partial to Haydens on occasion and Kavanaghs further up the town is niceI would say your best bet is Graces thoughEnjoy your night out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭speedfreak

Haydens FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭spear thrower

Cheers folks for the info.. Just one thing though i heard Haydens dont have music in the pub.. is this true?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Cheers folks for the info.. Just one thing though i heard Haydens dont have music in the pub.. is this true?..

Yup.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Graces or Lawlors. Kavanaghs is quiet good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Graces is a must before time - most head from there to time - haydens is ok but no music and can be a bit clanish! kavanaghs is older crowd who all head to the court. Lawlors good to start in!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭spear thrower

Cheers again folks gonna go for Lawlors bout 9 then to Graces bout 10 and to Time bout half 11.. Perfecto thanks..

Well bud, how did you find the pubs of Naas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

haydens.................full of rugby heads=rubbish pub
    graces.............. full of supercilious pretentious k4 heads=rubbish pub
    kavanaghs............gaa heads=awful pub
    lawlors..................a complete and utter joke.
    tommy fletchers............awful

time=jailbait,full of the aformentioned k4 heads and blow ins from newbridge and dublin looking for fisty cuffs.terrible nightclub

naas as a whole.brutal and your guaranteed a puch up in poplar square at about 230 am

• Advertisement

amtaxi wrote: »
    Graces is a must before time - most head from there to time - haydens is ok but no music and can be a bit clanish! kavanaghs is older crowd who all head to the court. Lawlors good to start in!

awful pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

awful pub.
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience - shame not of all the people you met were not up to your standard - as for fights in poplar sq - very rare - i'm in Naas a long time and could count on 2 hands the number of fights I witnessed - most people have a good experience in Naas - maybe you just had a bad hair day!

Should have sent ya to the Town House Hotel, if you're not into the town pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

time=jailbait,full of the aformentioned k4 heads and blow ins from newbridge and dublin looking for fisty cuffs.terrible nightclub

naas as a whole.brutal and your guaranteed a puch up in poplar square at about 230 am

I've been going out in Naas regularly for the last 5 years almost and I've seen one fight, one! As for the pubs, well I'm not a fan of Haydens so I won't comment but Graces has a great buzz about it, Kavanaghs the same except not quite as deafening with the music, Lawlors is fantastic after being done up and Fletchers serves the best pint of Guinness in Naas.

amtaxi wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience - shame not of all the people you met were not up to your standard - as for fights in poplar sq - very rare - i'm in Naas a long time and could count on 2 hands the number of fights I witnessed - most people have a good experience in Naas - maybe you just had a bad hair day!
    im from naas chief. lived here for 17 years. its an awful town for going out in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

I'd agree somewhat with all of that. Im in Naas 21 years. However its an age thing really. The Paddock (now the book shop in poplar sq.) used to be the K4 spot. Then Haydens briefly became a similar type pub. Graces assumed that mantle and hopefully it keeps it, so the cool kidz:D can be corralled in a pub I can avoid. Kavanaghs isn't great IMO. Lawlors doesn't seem to know what it wants to be and Fletchers......I could tell too many factual stories about that pub. Its unique, but in all the wrong ways.

Really though it all depends on your age. As for punch ups in poplar sq? Yea Ive seen loads alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

You sound like great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭ronaneire

One thing Naas needs is a good pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Hi all, I am new to Naas and am planning to go out there at the weekend with a crowd of friends. Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to the pubs in the town, and which ones are good/bad. Id like somewhere with a good atmosphere, but thats not completed packed and need to queue for half the night for a drink! I know there are a few existing threads, but wanted some up to date info. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

I'd say Lawlors might be your best bet. It gets pretty busy but theres 3 bars inside so getting served isn't too bad. Headons has more character, havent been there on the weekend so I don't know how long it takes ages to get served. Graces is a late bar on a Saturday, good atmosphere but very loud and packed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

- Graces: 18-30, loud shíte music; equivalent of crashing a bad wedding. Only free late bar
    - Lawlors: Hotel with three bars, nice pint but often deafening downstairs and the beer garden & toilets are only accessible through a carvery
    - Haydens: big crowd at weekends, 25-40, good for sports, pints are poor
    - Fletchers: awesome pint, but cold and quiet. Perfect for a quiet pint, nothing else
    - Kavanaghs: comfy place, gets crazy busy between 9-12, 25+ age. Horsey crowd
    - Court Hotel: late disco bar, but charges €14 or something in?
    - 5 Lamps: karaoke downstairs, pool upstairs. Not the most salubrious
    - O'Connors: bright, bad paint job. Quiet, good pint
    - McCormacs: nice pint, big on the civil servants - nurses, teachers etc
    - PQs: havent been in since it was Finans. Budweiser and soccer
    - Ivy Inn: underage crowd last time I was there
    - Las Rada: wine bar, nice place
    - Osprey: Nice hotel bar, comfy but out of town

Best night out in Naas imo is to do a pub crawl. That way you see plenty of pubs and people and never stay long enough to see downsides of any of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

The court is €10 in on a Sat and if you're going to end up in there for the nightclub anyway it's a decent "pub" spot as well but only if you're looking for something lively but not full of really youn uns (like Graces).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alishmish

Graces no unless you want drunken teenagers and loud music. Headons not bad not a great smoking area though. Fletchers is nice for the quite pint.I'd have to say Kavanaghs is the best of the lot great atmosphere at the weekends,nice staff and a great smoking area.A very decent crowd also which in Naas the rest of the pubs seem to be unable to attract. It's seems to be in a league of its own in the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alishmish

It would be ridiculous to say Naas needs a new pub.Great decent pubs in Naas are Headons and Kavanaghs.Graces if you're seventeen and love hearing the latest hits at mind blowing volumes.Fletchers great Guinness and good for the nice quiet pints as well as Bill McCormacks.Ivy,PQ's,etc we wont get into.Kavanaghs is a great all round pub.It's got a good smoking area,attracts a large decent crowd at the weekends creating a great atmosphere.I see their offering a new cocktail menu now reasonably priced too.
    Headons is good too but seems to have lost it over the years.
    Lawlors can't be called a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

To the OP could you give us an example of what you would call a good pub? Anywhere in the country?

Are you looking for a posh swanky disco bar? A diddly idle irish scence? A sports pub with big screens for matches etc?

I get the feeling you just don't like Naas or the people in it so no pub, no matter how super, would please you...

I think Naas has some good pubs although I think some music (reasonably audible, not pumping) would make Kavanaghs a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tuborg

the court!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Fannymcslap

What an absolute pile of bollocks.

Haydens is full of rugby heads on rugby day as is every pub.
    Graces is a decent buzz but too small for the amount of people who go there
    Kavanaghs is predominantly guards and teachers with a mix of people from 25-40 which gives it a bizarre deadly atmosphere
    Lawlors is grand, fantastic downstairs bar area, great smoking area and 3 bars makes it easy to get a drink. Lotta youngsters though
    Fletchers has a similar atmosphere to Kavanaghs but a lot of older regular drinkers, great Guinness and if you ask Tommy about the whiskey in the casks behind him you'll be treated some of the best whiskey you've ever had.

Time is a ****hole I'll agree but mainly because of the bouncers but the quality of women in there is second to none.

And as for the fights?! Horsesh it! I've been in Naas all of my life and my local is Haydens and I've seen two fights, both outside what used to be Bondai.

So please go to these pubs more than once before you make such a stultifyingly stupid and ill informed post.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

I lived in Naas for 4 and a half years, never saw a fight. Nearly got in one or two in the Five Lamps but that's to be expected and worth the trouble for Karaoke on a Sunday. Lived in Oldtown for a couple of years and got into the pubs of Sallins, probably better overall, there's an alarming lack of music in Naas. Have to disagree about Fletchers, it's perfect when you're looking for a quiet drink. Actually, most pubs on that list are harmless enough, I'd go along with Rondeco (as long as that was sarcasm).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Merged with some earlier threads which might give you some suggestions :)

Advertisement