Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel

• 15-07-2005 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Do any of you guys know if the Mackerel are in yet?
    Its the only time of year i fish, my son and catch a few a go home and fry them up. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Aye. Loads of them. Was out in bullock Harbour a few weeks ago, and every time we cast out we were catching them in, in their droves.
    If ye head down bullock harbour early enough, ye can hire a boat out for a tenner for an hour.
    Roddy

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

going tomorrow.. so i hope not ;p there a pain in the ass as they stop ya getting the nice fish that are down deeper as they keep taking the bait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

lazygit wrote:
    going tomorrow.. so i hope not ;p there a pain in the ass as they stop ya getting the nice fish that are down deeper as they keep taking the bait!

What nice fish, ye cant beat a bit of Mackeral , Under the grill mmmmmmmmm Butter,Salt and vineger , batch bread and a cup of tea(sorry if this should be in the food forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Can someone give me directions for Bullock Harbour. Also what bait is best for mackerel or would feathers do the job...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Feathers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

zapata wrote:
    Can someone give me directions for Bullock Harbour. Also what bait is best for mackerel or would feathers do the job...

A good line of feathers with a spinner on the end, good luck

Just of the Dun laire to dalkey road, beyond sandycove

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Well.. it was a disaster of a weekend for fishing..
    Half way to sligo on friday night and the phone rings.. sorry but the boat has broken down no fishing tomorrow.... aghhhh...

Spent most of the day lake fishing from shore with a boat rod and some pike bait. Got one Pike about 4-5lbs.

About 6pm we found a captain that would take us out to sea for about 4hrs, so finally got some fishing in.. we were happy to see the Mackerel .. lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

hired out one of the boats in dalkey last week and just using feathers the 4 of us were pullingabout 1-3 mackeral every few casts

then we float fished with a fish finder and caught nothing :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I was on a local point in Renvyle, Connemara and was pulling them in with a German Sprat, had no feathers but will be trying them on my return from England

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement