Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon DREAM WORLD Chat/Help/FAQs Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've come across 1 Irish person on the DW so far, forget the name right now.. Generally I get USA, with the odd Canadian or Japanese, and a few random ones besides those.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I shee. Well if you come across any FairSavior or FairSavior1 add him, it's my friend Conan's two dreamworlds. Also from IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Well, finally got into the DW after finally jigging the wireless router here to take my DS...

I find that even though they give you an hour, you're done within about 15-20 minutes since you pretty much get one pass through to get a Pokémon, and that's it.

Am spending the rest of my hour continually refreshing the Dream Pal map in the hope that I come across someone from Ireland...

EDIT @15:18 Whoop, found another Irish player. I doubt anyone here goes by the PGL name of I think "mooell" with the in-game Trainer name of Ellie with a Lvl9 Blitzle caught in a Great Ball?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Is there any way to add a dream pal you actually know? The people on my friends list aren't showing up in the dream wolrd =/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well you can take multiple runs, just go home when your moves-before-the-hungry-tree-god counter gets to 1.

Apart from that, visit strangers and water their gardens for points, gets you to the next explorable thingamy sooner.

I think the key to getting your friends to show up is having traded with them but it seems to only be wifi trades or GTS since I cannot get close to my japanese game... I'm sure buzz posted some actual information earlier in the thread but for now my mystical uninformed heresay will have to do :)

My connection is so damned slow, I've given up, usually gets stuck after I get the helpful "you have one hour" thing, so there's no going back. Why oh why can't you turn off downloading the f'ing intro movie every single time you connect?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Well you can take multiple runs, just go home when your moves-before-the-hungry-tree-god counter gets to 1.

True that is an option, but if you get something decent on the first run, that's a bit of a moot point. Took a female Cloud Nine Lickitung today.
    Apart from that, visit strangers and water their gardens for points, gets you to the next explorable thingamy sooner.

Only 20 chances for watering though, and this also assumes that they've planted anything. Most of the randomers you get linked to are fairly new people without anything set up :/

Well, that's another day done completely within 25 minutes...

Getting a new DW Poké (female Flame Body Ponyta) took about 5 minutes, the rest was wandering into random people's Worlds to find patches to water. I got lucky that the second guy I found had a full 15 spots ready to water!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I think the key to getting your friends to show up is having traded with them but it seems to only be wifi trades or GTS since I cannot get close to my japanese game..
    That got killed when the Dream World got upgraded to the current style, it sucks the only way to add friends is to randomly find them and get them to accept your request.
    Why oh why can't you turn off downloading the f'ing intro movie every single time you connect?
    Or turn off the Fennel tutorial on every screen when you use a different computer to log in or use a different browser (even an upgrade of your current one)? I must have not read the tutorial about 10 times already.
    TheChrisD wrote: »
    Only 20 chances for watering though, and this also assumes that they've planted anything. Most of the randomers you get linked to are fairly new people without anything set up :/
    You can only water those that need watering, which is lame. My friend had an idea of timing our log ins to water each other's berries when they needed it, great plan, but it just doesn't work when we can't find each other!!

Honestly I haven't planned the Dream World in ages. Bored with the basic games and even the Japanese expansion is a bit dull as you can only get 4-5 Pokémon from it. The latest one doesn't even give you Pokémon, just a pick of 1 of 2 C-Gears, only one not two :/ Since I have enough EV-berries and berry patches to grow 40+ of a berry in two days if I need it, added to the fact most of the Dream World Pokémon are mostly non-tournament legal, I just don't play it right now.

If anyone does find either of my accounts (JPN Buzzthebatgirl or IRL Buzzthebat) let me know and I'll stick a set of EV-berries up on the Swap Shelves, first come first served and what not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm only up to the 2nd badge, will I be able to use this?

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm only up to the 2nd badge, will I be able to use this?
    I'm pretty sure you can, but certain sections will be locked until you gain more badges on the DS game.

• Advertisement

Still randomly going on this from time to time, mainly because of the new starter area they added, the mansion, with the chance to find vitamin items for free. :P Pretty handy. I'm almost at 6000 points, so I can almost get to the cooler pokemon, which'll be fun to fight people with at conventions. :P

Linoud wrote: »
    Still randomly going on this from time to time, mainly because of the new starter area they added, the mansion, with the chance to find vitamin items for free. :P Pretty handy. I'm almost at 6000 points, so I can almost get to the cooler pokemon, which'll be fun to fight people with at conventions. :P
    The Mansion is the only reason I started going back in recently. It kind of helps that my Japanese game has about 8500 Dream Points so I can get most of the rare 'mon at this stage :P

Seems a bit random but the ONM site just announced the Charizard C-Gear skin details

"Three C-Gears will be made available between now and early 2012 and you can get hold of the Charizard C-Gear by using this password on the promotions section of the Pokemon Global Link website.

EUPGL102011

This will unlock the C-Gear for you to use in-game."

Will only work from the 13th October onwards apparently

I've got my Mansion, almost have enough points for some of the rarer pokemon, but I really only want one or two of them. :P I keep finding random Irish people, I added another by the name of Shuckled. Im curious as to if they actually go on boards or not. :P

The mamoswine prompted me to log back into this, slowly gathering berries for the mansion. Any idea how long Bluk, Razz and nanabs take to grow?

Interestingly, as long as you haven't got any on you, you can keep taking them off other peoples swap shelves (ie gather the 3 berries, plant 'em, hit the share shelves again). I realise this is a little cruel to anyone else trying to find a berry to start their crop off, but I'll pay it forward, honest!

Does it strike anyone else as idiotic that you can't log into the dreamworld site from a DSi / 3DS?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Does it strike anyone else as idiotic that you can't log into the dreamworld site from a DSi / 3DS?

Yep. But you probably need a higher processor or something...

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    Yep. But you probably need a higher processor or something...
    It's flash based and annoying because of that :/ I have flash blockers on my Firefox and have to keep clicking them off all over the Dream World site is tiresome. Would love to play the Dream World on the iPod but again, flash... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

There's a poll on Pokémon.com at the moment where we can vote for which Hidden Ability Pokémon we want made available. I dunno who to vote for though. It seems that polls in previous regions chose Pokémon with no hidden abilities..

Croagunk with Poison Jab available now, PWD : CROACNintendoOfficial
    Also, Blastoise C-Gear Skin PWD : EUPGL112011
    and Coagunk C-Gear Skin PWD : CRONintendoOfficial

• Advertisement

Because I know you can all read Japanese, here's the password for the DW Japanese Altaria:
    20111117-155809.jpg
    -
    -
    -
    -
    and in text: みねうちチルタリス (False Swipe Altaria)
    Hurry you only have until Nov 30th to get it!

Cheers Buzz.

Now if only my Jap cart would work on my EU 3DS so I could download the fecker...

elekid wrote: »
    There's a poll on Pokémon.com at the moment where we can vote for which Hidden Ability Pokémon we want made available. I dunno who to vote for though. It seems that polls in previous regions chose Pokémon with no hidden abilities..

The winning Pokemon was chosen and *drum roll* it's Arceus. For the first time I think I'll skip downloading this personally >_<

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll download it sure, but I was really hoping we could have gotten Deoxys. Ditto would have been good too if the hidden ability carried down with it..

Booooooring
    But then why choose a super-versatile sexually ambiguous promiscuous jelly when you could have God in your pocket?

Thing with Ditto was, lots of people wanted it so they could unlock the hidden abilities of some pokemon, but I'm pretty sure that didn't work with Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'll happily take the Arceus but it kind of defeats the point of making the hidden ability available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Denny M wrote: »
    Thing with Ditto was, lots of people wanted it so they could unlock the hidden abilities of some pokemon, but I'm pretty sure that didn't work with Ditto.

Where did they even get that information? I saw the same stuff, couldn't find confirmation anywhere. Looks like another Mew Truck to me.

Perhaps it is under the assumption that because females with Dream World Abilities can breed down the ability that Ditto would act as the female for male pairings?
    pokemon_ditto_sex_machine_by_shinyscyther.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Hey how do you get the birthday Togekiss??

Advertisement