Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2012: General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Queen and F1 - its got to be Japanese. They love both. Who can blame them.

Yeah but that's something someone just put together for a laugh surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

amacachi wrote: »
    Yeah but that's something someone just put together for a laugh surely?

Theres nothing funny about Queen. OR Amacachi you will be will be Another one who bites the dust. ;)

Theres nothing funny about Queen. OR Amacachi you will be will be Another one who bites the dust. ;)

It's the Japanese I was saying were funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

No I think it was actual TV footage.

It's the Japanese I was saying were funny.

Just a joke! Not a very good one:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Dug around and found out.

It was Fuji TV's official intro for the 2007 F1 season. However, it got pulled midway through as showing flying cars with no wheels is not a good way to promote fellow Japanese company Bridgestone, especially now that it was the exclusive tyre supplier to F1.

But who cares it's got Queen and anime and Takuma Sato, so it's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

PJTierney wrote: »
    But who cares it's got Queen and anime and Takuma Sato, so it's awesome.

Epic post, man!:D

The anime versions of Kimi and Alonso are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Looks like Massa is in severe danger of losing his seat during the season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Super Maldonado kart very funny :pac:

YT removed it but still found on Vimeo.. http://vimeo.com/38874314

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

ottostreet wrote: »

Why wouldn't he?
    Unless he really got worst car than Alonso for some reason - who knows really, how Ferrari is making those cars.. i mean if they had wind tunnel problems for whole last year, maybe still over the winter and now.. why Massa is getting new chassis for Malaysia but not Alonso?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

freestyla wrote: »

YT removed it but still found on Vimeo.. http://vimeo.com/38874314

Your mans videos are brilliant

http://vimeo.com/14882304 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

freestyla wrote: »

YT removed it

Bloody hell, haven't they ever heard of fair use...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

This really just reminds me of the early Michael Scumacher years at Ferrari and especially 1996. In 1996 Scumacher dragged a pig of a Ferrari to 3 wins and third place in the championship while Irvine who most consider a decent driver only managed 10th place in the championship with his best result being a third place finish.

I personally think that Alonso like peak Schumacher has the enviable ability to drag the absolute best out of poor cars and this is making a decent driver in Massa look like a waste of space.

The real question also is if they are to replace him in the middle of the season, who with? It's very unlikely they could poach someone from another team and I doubt they would bring in a rookie so the only options would be someone like Adrian Sutil, or maybe an ideal situation for a healed Kubica?

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Bloody hell, haven't they ever heard of fair use...
    They're like boards, just too lazy to enforce it.
    This really just reminds me of the early Michael Scumacher years at Ferrari and especially 1996. In 1996 Scumacher dragged a pig of a Ferrari to 3 wins and third place in the championship while Irvine who most consider a decent driver only managed 10th place in the championship with his best result being a third place finish.

I personally think that Alonso like peak Schumacher has the enviable ability to drag the absolute best out of poor cars and this is making a decent driver in Massa look like a waste of space.
    I said similar about Alonso but compared him to Prost. Ya see season reviews etc. where Prost would drag a car with a banjaxed gearbox or whatever to a podium somehow. It's something I have to admit Kimi hasn't got. Button likewise. Hamilton I don't think does it over the course of a race so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

i still think its a bit early for that to even happen. that said if it does sutil or kobica could be an option. the ferrari car doesn't look great and they will need a lot of development, it could be like 2009 or 1996 again for them. hopefully not as a bad a year as 1986 or 1992 for ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

They're like boards, just too lazy to enforce it.

I said similar about Alonso but compared him to Prost. Ya see season reviews etc. where Prost would drag a car with a banjaxed gearbox or whatever to a podium somehow. It's something I have to admit Kimi hasn't got. Button likewise. Hamilton I don't think does it over the course of a race so much.

yeah i agree, prost like alonso, schumi, senna could make the very best out of a bad car and get the maxinum in terms of results

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

i still think its a bit early for that to even happen. that said if it does sutil or kobica could be an option. the ferrari car doesn't look great and they will need a lot of development, it could be like 2009 or 1996 again for them. hopefully not as a bad a year as 1986 or 1992 for ferrari.
    Not Sutil, but perhaps Kubica. I doubt he'll ever be as good as he was though.

yeah i agree, prost like alonso, schumi, senna could make the very best out of a bad car and get the maxinum in terms of results

Senna IMO wasn't as good at dragging a car along as Schumacher.

• Advertisement

Accordind to Ferrari

Felipe Massa will be given a new chassis for this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix, following his poor performance in Australia, when he was a long way off the pace of team-mate Fernando Alonso. Ferrari said the decision was made "to clear up any doubts about the unusual performance of his car during the weekend at Albert Park".

Ominous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭Killinator

Senna IMO wasn't as good at dragging a car along as Schumacher.
    Wasn't the 1994 Williams a 'dog' of a car which was far inferior to the Benetton, and still in the 3 races he had before his death he managed to drag the car to pole position for each race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Well, I've seen an article on P-F1 forums saying that Italian newspapers are suggesting Trulli!

Stranger things have happened...what have they to lose?

Killinator wrote: »
    Wasn't the 1994 Williams a 'dog' of a car which was far inferior to the Benetton, and still in the 3 races he had before his death he managed to drag the car to pole position for each race.
    You don't get points for not finishing. Prost seemed to be able to nurse cars where Senna couldn't.
    As for the '94 car, it's hard to know. Apparently it was unpredictable handling-wise and towards the end of the season Mansell was way faster than Hill at some tracks so it's hard to say exactly what the story was.
    Well, I've seen an article on P-F1 forums saying that Italian newspapers are suggesting Trulli!

Money. That's why there's **** all Italians in F1. Ferrari already have all of Italy behind them as well as Italian sponsors. What can they gain from having an Italian driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ivanc

IMHO Massa will stay till the end of the season.

Be interesting if Bernie's predictions for Hamilton to move on in 2013 come thru...but not to Ferrari with Alonso knocking around - obviously.

Think Massa will do a Barrichello and move down the grid into eventual retirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

ivanc wrote: »
    Think Massa will do a Barrichello and move down the grid into eventual retirement.

I hope not, but it is quite possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ivanc

decisions wrote: »
    I hope not, but it is quite possible.

He'd probably be quite useful to a number of the lower teams in terms of experience but in real terms once you've been with Ferrari you're pretty much spoilt goods with any of the other main players.

So the choice is to go home, go backwards or go to Indy Car and loose both your legs.

ivanc wrote: »
    So the choice is to go home, go backwards or go to Indy Car and loose both your legs.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Isn't Fisi a reserve driver for them??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Couldn't see either of them replacing him to be honest. Both of them aren't too far off 40, Fischella hasn't had a full season since 2008 and even though Trulli raced with Lotus/Caterham last year it's not exactly like he had to do much to do other than plod along at the back and bring it home. If they were seriously considering either of them Jules Bianchi would be a much better option.

The one person who I hadn't thought about as a replacement for Massa would be Sergio Pérez. He's been in the Ferrari driver academy for the last few years and I personally think he's who they've had in mind as a long term replacement for Massa. He's with Sauber but we all know the relationship there.

The way I see it possibly going down is if they dropped him in the middle of season, get someone like Sutil in to finish out the season then bring Perez in for 2013.
    That's all of course if Ferrari decide to drop Massa in the middle of the season but I personally don't see it happening.

Advertisement