Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to check the IMEI number used with a Sim Card.

• 07-03-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I made a huge mistake. After I purchased insurance with the Carphone Warehouse I wrote on boards.ie that I lost the phone and what phone would I get as I thought I would get a better response than just saying that I bought insurance and wanted to know what I would get if anything happened. Now that actually have lost the phone they are refusing to accept my claim as they were aware what I had written in the past. They are saying that the phone is lost from when I said it on here at first.

So what I am trying to do is prove that I was actually using that phone with that sim, so is there a way to check what phone my sim was in when I actually lost it on Feb 24th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Well they accepted my claim and then after I complained to them and on boards that they were trying to give me a crappy phone. (So they seen both treads and knew who it was) They were looking for a reason to dismiss the claim and found it on boards.

Well it actually wasnt even my insurance it was my mums but I was trying to find stuff out for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The dirty rotten *"%88**s

I think crapphone their reps and there ip's should be blocked. This is terrible that they would do this to a boardie

Looks like the virtual world isn't so immune to the real world anymore. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Jaysus the cheeky feckers. I dont know if there is a way to prove you used it. Also don't think they can prove you didn't use it.

I know that but I suppose that I shouldn't have said that I lost it on boards when I didn't just to tryn get a better response, but I seriously didn't think that something like that would ever happen. I also didn't think that I had to be truthful when online in-order to make an insurance claim.

I was in contact with meteor today and they said that if I hadn't of gotten a loan of a phone while waiting on the claim then they could prove it as they only know what phone is currently(or last used) with the sim. So when I used the new phone it wiped away my proof that I was using it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

All mobile networks have the ability to see what handset was used every time a chargeable transaction takes place using a particular sim card. In your case OP, I would recommend contacting your mobile provider and specifying the date(s) and time(s) of the call(s) in question and they should be able to confirm the IMEI of the handset that was used.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    All mobile networks have the ability to see what handset was used every time a chargeable transaction takes place using a particular sim card. In your case OP, I would recommend contacting your mobile provider and specifying the date(s) and time(s) of the call(s) in question and they should be able to confirm the IMEI of the handset that was used.

Im actually on hold with meteor who are saying that they have no way of checking that. . .

They did in the past. Call back and ask the question of another customer care rep; you might just get a different answer knowing Meteor. ;)

They did in the past. Call back and ask the question of another customer care rep; you might just get a different answer knowing Meteor. ;)

That was my second rep, I also called o2 as the phone was used with them to make a few calls also and they said the same thing.

I gave o2 a second call and they were able to send an email to CPW to confirm that the handset was used to make calls on Feb 15th. They are claiming that I lost my phone of Feb 6th and so it would be impossible for me to have lost it then and then made calls on it 2 weeks later.

• Advertisement

Meteor's either then changed the required system or changed their policy of releasing such information. As for O2, I have first-hand knowledge that they too gave the information to customers, in addition to Vodafone doing the same.

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting nowhere with the networks dillo2k10 and I find it odd that they're not allowing the information to be known to customers, especially since they have the systems in place to do so and gave the information in the past. Just remember, the networks know what calls were made on a handset in order for insurance purposes; how else do you think they're able to not authorise a claim due to the handset not being used within a specific time-frame?

Meteor's either then changed the required system or changed their policy of releasing such information. As for O2, I have first-hand knowledge that they too gave the information to customers, in addition to Vodafone doing the same.

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting nowhere with the networks dillo2k10 and I find it odd that they're not allowing the information to be known to customers, especially since they have the systems in place to do so.

You must have begun writing before I posted.

If you didnt inform me that they actually did do it I would not have called back so many times. Thanks

Advertisement