Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of starting German-styled pub in Dublin

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MusicDots

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Bah, Preussen... :p

*sing* 'Bayern kommt zu Oesterreich' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Would you have applewein? (Ebbolwoi)?

Would you have applewein? (Ebbolwoi)?

Jemand aus Darmstadt, der Ebbelwoi mag? Ich dachte, das waere ein Frankfurter Getraenk ;)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I'd love to visit your pub if you ever get it up and running. Some beautiful beers in Germany and I love the pub grub there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I was a General Manager of an Irish Pub in Germany for 8 years

if you need any help pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

Thanks for the comments guys. Research has shown that this is a runner. Problem is finance. Banks are not open to it as it is too risky. I looked at a franchaise with the Bavarian Beerhouse who have a few operations in London but they have not replied and secondly if you have a franchaise it would only sell their products and as anybody in Ireland knows a bar without a Guinness, Carlsberg or Heineken tap is not worth opening regardless of German beers! I have some funds myself but need to find a partner who would be interested in a operation such as this and prepared to invest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

janullrich wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments guys. Research has shown that this is a runner. Problem is finance. Banks are not open to it as it is too risky. I looked at a franchaise with the Bavarian Beerhouse who have a few operations in London but they have not replied and secondly if you have a franchaise it would only sell their products and as anybody in Ireland knows a bar without a Guinness, Carlsberg or Heineken tap is not worth opening regardless of German beers! I have some funds myself but need to find a partner who would be interested in a operation such as this and prepared to invest in it.

Hauptsache keine solche Schankpisse!

I personally would love the idea of a pub without their "beer". I think der Ire would be quite receptive to a pub without Guinness' influence. I make it my business not to buy their products.

How much money are they looking for? Are you talking a couple of thousand or a couple of hundred thousand?

Hauptsache keine solche Schankpisse!

I personally would love the idea of a pub without their "beer". I think der Ire would be quite receptive to a pub without Guinness' influence. I make it my business not to buy their products.

How much money are they looking for? Are you talking a couple of thousand or a couple of hundred thousand?

Why not having both Guinness and German beer on offer? Everyone would be catered for, imo :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I generally approve of a German-styled pub in our Fair City. I think the construction of such a pub, certain elements are vital. There should be plenty of space in the pub, not too crowded, good living space, so you don't spill your beer on someone and get in a fight. You also need good sturdy walls. Well, without them, the place would be cold and your customers would wander freely around which is not good. You want your customers to remain within the walls of the pub. You should also perhaps think about installing a vending machine. It's a good idea to put this near the tiolets, perhaps to the Far Right of the tiolets? It would sell things like German sausage and signed pictures of Helmut Kohl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Augmerson wrote: »
    I generally approve ...

Witzle g'macht ...koiner g'lacht :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

peasant wrote: »
    Witzle g'macht ...koiner g'lacht :D

Your cold sounds awful. May I suggest some Leipzig...I mean Lemsip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Get Erdinger on draft and I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

eldwaro wrote: »
    get the curry wurst in and ill commute to drink there

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

janullrich wrote: »

I do hope it will be better than those Irish-themed pubs on the Continent with their excessive fake knick-knacks and awful Guinness. I'm not so sure about staff in lederhosen and dirndl dresses. Whatever option you do come up with, I will certainly visit and will happily publicise if it's any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Purpose-built Fachwerkhaus?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

super idee. ist das noch aktuell oder ist die sache inzwischen gestorben? die idee mit einem deutschen schuppen in dublin hatte ich auch schon…hab halt nur leider keine ahnung vom kneipenbusiness und beschränke mich daher i.d.r. aufs trinken…
    sollte das mit dem deutschen laden in dublin was werden, ich würde auf jeden fall hingehen…und ich denke der markt für eine deutsche kneipe wäre da…müsste halt gut gemacht sein, wobei man dabei vermutlich an ein paar deutschland-klischees nicht ganz vorbeikäme…
    wichtig wäre natürlich eine ordentliche auswahl deutscher biere, bundesliga und sonstiger deutschland-relevanter sport live (das murray’s ist ja so ein übler saftladen) sowie deutsches essen und hier idealerweise nicht nur bratwürste…sachen wie schupfnudeln mit kraut, belegte seelen, butterbrezen, leberkäs, maultaschen, schnitzel und so…was halt wirtschaftlich machbar ist in dublin…

Advertisement