Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 and season closer Match Day Thread.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Finished around the 63,000 mark which is not too shabby for second season at his game., considering I was about 400,000 places worse off few months ago.

Onwards and upwards next season.

So did I! Very similar score I'd say, I finished on just over 62,000. Mine was my first season though, so I guess I win haha :P

It would've been horribly disappointed to lose a league on the last GW. Thank god I was a bit clear on the leagues I was on top of because I only managed 43 points this week. I did notice I was in the final of a public H2H I joined halfway through season though......... And the lad I was up against got 42 points! :D :pac: Not that the league mattered, still nice to win. Well done to anyone who raked in some winnings. I'd love to have won a bit of dosh from this. will definitely enter plenty of money leagues next season.

Now to Fantasy Euro 2012 and then straight back into this. Does the website close over the summer or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yay !

Logged back on today after checking new postitions in the tables and bonus points. Turns out i won my private league by 200 points and finished joint 15th in the boards league. :)

So this is what i ended up with overall.

Classic leagues

FantasyFootballScout 324
    Boards.ie 15
    WTBG League 1 1

Head to head leagues

Boards h2h 4

Global leagues

Man Utd 347
    Ireland 257
    Gameweek 1 1950
    Overall 1958

So fair play to everyone and i enjoyed talking and taking part with all of yas on here during the season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

KevIRL wrote: »
    Well played Michael on winning the league, a great push at the end no panic from you to bring home the title.

5th place for me, and 524th overall is my best finish to date, happy with that for sure. Looking forward to the Euro's now although the FF for that is more of a lottery and is more a sprint than a marathon
    Congratulations to Michael Doyle on winning the boards league.

The table doesn't lie, and obviously he performed the best over the course of the season. Well done to him, a worthy winner.

Thanks Guys. 1st in boards league, 227 position the world. It was a bit to close for my liking in the boards league! But captain Aguero made the difference at the end. It has been a great forum for fantasy football. Will take a break from the Euros. Looking forward to next season!

I have to say thanks to carlcon who without him would make this thread very boring to read!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

FatRat wrote: »
    So did I! Very similar score I'd say, I finished on just over 62,000. Mine was my first season though, so I guess I win haha :P

It would've been horribly disappointed to lose a league on the last GW. Thank god I was a bit clear on the leagues I was on top of because I only managed 43 points this week. I did notice I was in the final of a public H2H I joined halfway through season though......... And the lad I was up against got 42 points! :D :pac: Not that the league mattered, still nice to win. Well done to anyone who raked in some winnings. I'd love to have won a bit of dosh from this. will definitely enter plenty of money leagues next season.

Now to Fantasy Euro 2012 and then straight back into this. Does the website close over the summer or what?

Fair play. Even though Fantasy game you still need bit time to get hang of it.

Let me know your team for next year:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Some craic in Manchester at the weekend. Went from people crying in the pub at around the 80th minute to the entire place doing the Poznan about 15 minutes later!

Couldn't have written the ending. Saw only one United fan the whole weekend and have to say the City fans are great craic. Never saw a bit of trouble the whole day Sunday and the pubs were jammed.

Returned last night to see I'd finished 3rd in the Boards league with a last round 66. Aguero brought in as captain Friday evening in place of Tevez worked, as did taking a punt on Evans to be fit.

Only annoyance was leaving Vorm on the bench and playing Bogdan.

Best of luck to everyone and see ye all in a couple of weeks for the Euros after a well earned break from FF :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What the fcuk lads, this forum is going down the ****ter with incredible petiness being shown by some of ye. People would want to cop on fairly quickly.

This forum has been a great source of discussion since it's creation but some of the comments recently are p!ssing over all of that.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    I had my fun and that's all that matters...

wvoj92.jpg

Good man. I'm sure your incredible collapse over the last few weeks was lots of fun :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Well done to underscore_utd who won 51 inch tv in Limerick Leader league. Finished in top 20 of LL league which was my aim at start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

dublinhead wrote: »
    Thanks Guys. 1st in boards league, 227 position the world. It was a bit to close for my liking in the boards league! But captain Aguero made the difference at the end. It has been a great forum for fantasy football. Will take a break from the Euros. Looking forward to next season!

I have to say thanks to carlcon who without him would make this thread very boring to read!

Congratulations on your stickability and a dramatic win. Commiserations to carlcon for leading for so long and having it snatched away.

Damned last day disaster made me drop out of the boeards top 50 but at least I was in the top 1000 in Ireland. Now I have a target for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pity to see this season end with bickering & pettiness,I've enjoyed these threads and found them very informative & funny especially the tales of epic fails when some posters (me included) had 'dream teams' which ended up scoring an average of 25 points.

I'd like to thank those who gave me good advice & damn those who didn't (remember Drenthe?)
    With regard to Carlcon and what he may or may not have done regarding a private league,he's always been forthcoming with decent advice & trust me it helped me win one of my leagues and finish 2nd in another after a disasterous few weeks.
    I hope next seasons FF is going to be as much fun & I improve on this year,don't let a row between a couple of posters ruin it for everyone.At the end of the day,it's only a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

any good Fantasy Euro 2012 being run? there was a decent one on sky sports website for world cup few years back

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Locking this thread, going to have to go through some of the ****e posted (lot of handbags, infraction(s) will be handed out. I'll re-open asap. Thread derails horribly again with petty bickering, it'll be increased to ban for sure.

_______

Rastapitts wrote: »
    any good Fantasy Euro 2012 being run? there was a decent one on sky sports website for world cup few years back

The official one is here, we've set up a league if you want to sign up. Just have a read of the OP :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056581234

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thread has been cleaned up. One infraction has been handed out.

As said, this forum as been a source of informative, fun debate a lot of the time. There's shouldn't be any agendas like you'd see in others!

I and I'm sure countless others don't care about about one topic at hand, it's boring and tedious and has go on for too long now (not this in thread btw). It's rather simple, either bicker via PM thus keeping out of the forum or get infracted and banned. If I have to skip the card system and go straight to banning someone I will though, without hesitation. So please don't test the mods patience.

____

Now, with that said, congrats to all the winners of the respective leagues they were involved in. While not everybody may have done as well as they've liked (me, such a bad last couple of months! :pac:), I hope everybody had fun at least for the most part. I know I did. Hopefully the forum will kick on even more next season, was always gonna be a just a tad difficult basically up and moving more than half way during the season from the soccer forum to here as I've stressed in the past. But as time has progressed this season, I think it has settled down now.

Hope to see everyone who has contributed to the forum participate in the Euro 2012 FF :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Well done to underscore_utd who won 51 inch tv in Limerick Leader league. Finished in top 20 of LL league which was my aim at start of the season.

Thats myself :D Deacent prize in fairness. Was top of boylesports league for ages for a €1000 but ended up finishing second for €100 Happy with my season would be an understatement. I had a bit of a collapse for the last 4 GW's and things wern't going right for me at all(one of those times where you wish you had a wildcard!). Just about managed to pull it out of the bag for the last GW though.
    4th in boards league, inside the top 60 in Ireland and top 500 in the world, didn't see that coming at the start of the season.
    Half the battle was making the right captain choices, which I got right the majority of the time. Best buys of the season include Evans,RVP,Cisse,Ba,Demps,Silva(1st half of season),Walters(when he was in form). Am I the only sad case that is working it out in my head some of the core of my team for next season ? :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

was 4th in the LL league with 2 weeks left, chance of sneaking third but a bad last couple of weeks dropped me to 7th...well done to the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Been away for the last week, did I miss anything? :)

Finished second in my main league for the second year running and as it's my second year of playing the game I'm happy enough with that. Delighted to have improved overall from top 64k to top 50k. My big problem has been slow starts but I'm hoping to sort that out next season.

Anyway, big thanks to all the Boards FF regulars who have dispensed some great advice and great wit in equal measures. It's a shame that the bickering resurfaced at the end (I didn't read any of it as I was away) but for all of that I think the new forum has been a great success. And well done to Michael Doyle on finishing top. Now, roll on the Euros!

Advertisement