Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review : 3.7 v mod from thebestshop.eu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

hate you so much right now

Got mine too:D

Unlike Opit I'm very impressed indeed - works very well.
    I would have preferred an expensive spring (ProVari spring is made from the same stuff that the Space shuttles landing gear was made from) but I guess I'll have to live with it.

I can also live with the €100+ price difference between this and the ProVari - bit gutted about the spring though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

im pretty sure the jan 15th thing is for the second round of preorders, not ours

ours still say late december

Still a glimmer of hope that he gets them earlier so, we would need them posted by next Friday if that was the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aye, im expecting early january tbh
    it all depends on what "late december" means, and with xmas post being what it is.. delays delays delays

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

derra wrote: »
    Ours won't be shipped till Jan 15th :rolleyes:

Opit, are your Provari batteries fitting the Lavatube?

The first batch they did'nt and users are saying they are this time around.
    That's some weight difference !
    You get what you pay for as they say.

Mine are AW 18650 2900mAh (without "nipple") - No, too long
    SkyRay 18650 3000mAh (with "nipple") - No, too long
    TrustFire 18650 2600mAh (with "nipple") - No, too long

I believe that anything around 2000mAh (battery with "nipple") or 2500mAh (without "nipple") should fits Lava.

AW batteries are here http://www.supertmanufacturing.com/id75.html US, fast shipping, 3,99USD shipping cost but you have to order 2 batteries at once (you can place more orders in the same day, same as I did).
    For 3 batteries or more shipping cost will be like 27,99USD !

Other place is here http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/batteries/lithium-rechargeable-batteries.html UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭alec76

After all it's not even close to ProVari and I'm not impressed however is worth its price.
    Definitely not a bad device for this kind of money

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    Definitely not a bad device for this kind of money

Of course its very good, who said is not?
    I love black color :D
    Power is just about the same in both devices 2,5A. Air flow / taste of liquid much better on Provari. Tested with regular Boge carto on 4,5V.

Opit wrote: »
    Of course its very good, who said is not?
    I love black color :D
    Power is just about the same in both devices 2,5A. Air flow / taste of liquid much better on Provari. Tested with regular Boge carto on 4,5V.

That would be the difference between the Chinese and American electricity. I also thought the vents on the Provari/Lavatube 510 connections numbered 4 and looked pretty much identical bit it's sounds like the Lavatube went with the cheap Chinese style vents.

You can't beat American vents and electricity - they're just the best at both really.

In fairness I did get the chance to compare the ProVari and the Lavatube yesterday.
    The draw/taste IS better on the ProVari but it can be fixed by using a 510 to ego adapter on the Lavatube.

I used the adapter with a SR Boge carto and with your eyes closed you can't taste the difference between the two.

Opit, apologies - I stand corrected!

I'd recommend purchasing a 510 to ego adapter if you intend to buy or if you already own a Lavatube as it really does make a difference...

mrplop wrote: »
    In fairness I did get the chance to compare the ProVari and the Lavatube yesterday.
    The draw/taste IS better on the ProVari but it can be fixed by using a 510 to ego adapter on the Lavatube.

I used the adapter with a SR Boge carto and with your eyes closed you can't taste the difference between the two.

Opit, apologies - I stand corrected!

I'd recommend purchasing a 510 to ego adapter if you intend to buy or if you already own a Lavatube as it really does make a difference...

That's because cartomizer crew in a much deeper into LavaTube.
    It's all the way down in Lava, in ProVari not.

Now battery life - same battery in ProVari gives me about half day of vaping (bit longer) where Lava works for almost two full days!! Lava wins!

Features:
    LavaTube:
    - voltage up and down
    - power on/off
    - checking the internal battery voltage
    - some protection features
    - great battery life (about 50% better than ProVari!)

ProVari:
    - voltage up and down
    - power on/off
    - light under main button (which can be switched on or off)
    - checking the internal battery voltage
    - checking the resistance of the atomizer/cartomizer
    - some protection features
    - poor battery life

god damnit

urge to buy two... rising
    if I was certain it'd get here on the 22nd i'd order from irishvapers, might email when I get home

• Advertisement

god damnit

urge to buy two... rising
    if I was certain it'd get here on the 22nd i'd order from irishvapers, might email when I get home

Apparently there is a strong possibility that would be the case from what I've heard.

for the last 4-5 days the tracking for my order from healthcabin hadn't been updated, it just said "13-12-11 departed beijing sorting center"

checked it 3 times already today, 4-5 times every day since the 13th
    just checked it right now
    ITS IN ****ING PORTLAOISE

guess I'm buying that lavatube from irishvapers now :D

--edit

guess I've bought that lavatube from irishvapers now :D

Chinese post has improved a great deal hasn't it?

With a bit of luck we'll have our IrishVapers Lavatubes by Thursday or Friday - they're in Shannon customs as far as I know.
    Irishvapers has an 24 hour guaranteed Express post option in their Lavatube section now so you may want to go with that...

i was told there's a small chance we'll get them on wednesday, probably very small but I think thursday/friday is an almost certainty at this stage

whee
    and just as I was typing this post the doorbell rang, my healthcabin order arrived \o/

shipped from healthcabin on the 12th, got to me on the 20th. not too bloody shabby at all.

--edit

apparently I ordered a "toy gift box" worth 35 us dollars.
    ]no wonder i didnt get stopped for customs, lol

---edit

right just checked everything. everything perfect except they gave me vanilla flavouring instead of vanilla 10ml 11mg. not a problem. god.. so many juices
    i want to try them all right now

IrishVapers have the Lavatube in stock now so it looks as though you may have yours tomorrow, certainly Thursday at the latest...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

right just checked everything. everything perfect except they gave me vanilla flavouring instead of vanilla 10ml 11mg. not a problem. god.. so many juices
    i want to try them all right now[/QUOTE]

You'll be blowing bacon smoke rings with your Lavatube over Christmas. My Health Cabin order arrived today, too. 10 packs of CE3's, a few bottles of juice and various odds and ends. There was also a silk purse in the package...maybe that was the "personal gift" worth $20 that was declared on the customs form.

haha yeah forgot the little purse
    trying to find a use for it atm
    maybe store some of the surplus bottles of juice

Might do as a Christmas pressie at the last minute for someone you forgot:)

actually i think that's exactly what ill do with it :)

lavatube shipped \o/
    tomorrow, tomorrow.. I love you tomorrow.. you're only a day away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Busy day for you Sir DCC :)
    Let us know how ya get on with your Lavatube not that i need to ask :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭alec76

Opit wrote: »
    Now battery life - same battery in ProVari gives me about half day of vaping (bit longer) where Lava works for almost two full days!! Lava wins!
    er.... there is a chance that Lava dropping voltage under load more dramatically than Provari does...
    Could u run simple test? Get a same battery for provari and lava , set same voltage on both and check this voltage with the meter under load ?

anyone noticed the talk about the lavatube batteries stateside?

apparently people buying from volcano ecig are being given li-on batteries instead of li-mn? i think volcanos supplier said they were a certain battery (aw branded limn batts) and then people who received them figured out they actually weren't.

i know absolutely nothing about batteries but the words explosion and time-bomb are being thrown around.

--edit
    right, after reading the thread on the volcano forums
    http://forum.volcanoecigs.com/battery-issue-t7830-80.html

apparently the batteries volcano were selling were unprotected lithium ion batteries, they are offering full refunds to any of their customers and are sourcing the batteries they had intended them to be
    Postby Magma Mike » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:01 pm
    Hello again everyone,

Sorry for not getting in here and giving everyone the update sooner. I have read entirely through this thread and will do my best to address everyone's concerns in a thorough, honest and transparent manner.

As you might imagine we've been working diligently to get a straight answer from our supplier for quite some time now and unfortunately it looks like we're not going to. We've questioned everyone we could all the way up to the owner of the company and have been given the run around as well as three different answers when it comes to what these batteries actually are. I assume the same thing has happened with them because they are sourcing the batteries from another supplier as well. We were initially told they were 100% AW batts and requested info and photos before ever having the order shipped to us. But just as easily as these counterfeits were made, we were duped into thinking we were getting one thing when in fact we were not. Luckily, we've been informed via the owner of AW, that they were in fact not genuine. (For those of you paying attention, i now have the AW owners contact info :thumbup: )

As for the batts, it looks at best, that they are high energy, unprotected lithium Ion. We were initially told Sanyo cells when we started investigating and then were provided with documentation of a Samsung ICR18650-26F and Sony US18650GR upon "further review". So where does that leave us? With an unknown batt, exactly what our supplier was probably hoping for us. At either rate, it seems as if they either don't know or dont want to tell us. Totally unacceptable.

Well rather than waste more time trying to get a straight answer, we've decided to take another route. We are returning our entire batch of batteries to China. I have been in touch with the owner of AW and will be placing a hefty order from him for the genuine AW IMR High Drain 18650's, which were supposed to be the original batt for the LT. When we first started working out the details of our kit, our supplier assured us they could get a better rate than we could if we went to AW alone. As it is a china supplier-to-china supplier purchase. This made perfect sense and we demanded to see proof that we were getting the genuine product. They provided sales receipts and pictures which in the long run were all counterfeit as well.

Our manufacturer argues that using our current batts in the LT is perfectly fine as the LT acts as a protection circuit because it limits the amount of power/amperage that an atomizer would try to pull from the battery. This limiting is evidenced when trying to use a low resistance atomizer at a high voltage setting. If you put a 1.5 ohm atomizer on the LT and set it to 6 volts, the lavatubes circutry will reduce the voltage to a setting limiting the amperage draw below 2.5 amps or any safer setting. This is basically the same thing that a protected lithium ion batts circuitry does with a few exceptions. Also there is a vent hole that would prevent a catastrophic explosion. However, we feel that it's always better to err on the side of caution, and will opt for a safe chemistry LiMN battery instead.

I have a large personal supply of the AW 18650 High Drain nipple top batts that I have bought over the years and have tested these in my LT from the inception and as reported by many other users here, have had zero problems with fit or function. these are the batts we are going to purchase and furnish with any and all future LT sales.

As of now, we have removed the current batts for sale from the site and will only be offering the LT as a device only option until we can get the batts replaced. As for those of you who have the current batts, we will be offering a full replacement with a genuine AW battery, free of charge. You can create a ticket with our CS department and we will send you a prepaid label for return to us. We will then send you a replacement to you on any and all batts that you purchased from us. We do not have the replacements on hand right now as we obviously will have to wait for our order to be fulfilled, however, if you want to start the process now, please feel free to do so.

We sincerely apologize for this issue and I assure you, no one is more embarrassed or enraged about this than I am. We work very hard to make sure that anything we sell is of the best quality and then stand behind our product after it is brought to you, the customer. A lesson has certainly been learned and we will do our best to make this right by everyone. We take our reputation very seriously and hope that our actions in the face of this issue, shows you what kind of company we are. Please take it easy on our forum and customer service staff as they were doing the best they could to address everyone's concerns in a timely manner with the information that we had at the time. We will continue to update everyone as we get more information about the AW batts and my door is always open. Mahalo and have a great day...

so.. I dunno
    might just buy some batteries online to be safe
    i doubt the lavatube will explode on me until they get here. I hope not anyway, but if they do.. chicks dig scars.

hrm
    apparently the lavatube has circuits in it to prevent over discharge.. so i guess using a good quality charger will prevent overcharging, which seems to be the main issues with unprotected lion batteries

still.. not a good thing to be using if th elavatube circuits or your charger malfunction.
    either way, immediate panic gone I guess :) just be prudent to get some proper imr batteries if you weren't lucky enough to get them with your order.

actually I dont even have a clue if this is an issue for european customers.

The AW's that came with the American Lavatube were flat tops and AW don't make flat tops. Hopefully the batteries we're getting will have the nipple on them.

Alec76,
    The Lavatube is supposed to drop to 5.75 when set to 6 volts and loaded - voltage tests in this review;

I can live with a difference of .25 especially when it comes to vaping at 6 volts - most eliquids taste like burning tyres at this voltage anyway.

ah yeah, that'd be one easy way to find out alright :)

mine is on the way to me now anyway, so i'll know in a couple of hours and will shout here

read last night it can take 5-6 hours to charge 1600mah batteries! my god the wait will kill me

ok, lavatube just arrived
    first impressions.. omg.. love

secondly the batteries are flat tops, so it looks like they're not genuine AW after all
    I emailed irishvapers earlier this morning to let them know about the possibility, I'll fire off another email now to confirm

it seems to be safe enough if you're careful with them. I've been reading some things about the trustfire chargers overcharging ever so slightly, which can be tricky with unprotected lion batteries. so just dont leave it charging over night, and check it regularly with a meter or in your lavatube (click the red button seven times and it will show the current level of the battery)

I've been using 18650 flat tops for ages now and charging them with a Trustfire and never had a problem. Still, I always charge them when I'm in the house just in case and never overnight. Used them in Lavatube too, no problems. Any battery I have with a nipple won't fit the LT and the flat tops won't work in a Provari unless you use a magnetic spacer which I think isn't recommended...anyone know more on this?

By the way, if you press the red button on the LT 7 times you can check your battery voltage.

aye, its probably safe if you use them properly

i just dont trust myself not to blow something up so I ordered 2 of these
    http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/batteries/aw-imr18650.html

theyre the batteries that were supposed to come with the kit and according to the volcano people they do fit in the LT. shipping was only 4 sterling or something and there's an 8% off coupon "CPF" if anyone else is as much of a 'fraidy cat as me.

could even be cheaper places online, but they ship same day and I wanted them asap.

• Advertisement

I wonder if the the dodgy AW's are the same as the metallic pink batteries I got with my original Lavatube. If they are then there shouldn't be a problem as they have safe chemistry.
    Sir Digby,

There should be a 60 percent charge on the batteries you received this morning - give one a go whilst the other is charging.

I am dying to know what you think!

Edit*

Just looked at the link for the AW's you're buying -
    the first line of the decription states 'These are flat top cells - cell to cell contract requires some pressure.'

Advertisement