Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your setup?

• 02-09-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

I answered a post in the Satellite forum, thought it would be a good idea to see what other peoples setups are. Sorry for the diagram, i know its not the greatest!

126348.JPG

1.1m motorised (Grey), 75 cm solid white for 28.2 east & a 60cm mesh dish for 30 west, I had to break the lnb casing to skew it for the western satellites, as the sky made lnbs only have a eastern satellite skew adjustment!

126376.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Bloody hell! Some setup.....those dishes would last about 10 minutes in my house before either my little ones start swinging out of the them or the wife fecked the lot over that fence! Must be handy for adjustments though.

I have a 1.1m Triax on a TM2600 motor with a pretty good arch feeding my DM800 in the sitting room. I then have a 60cm on 28E with a quad feeding a DM800, DM500 and Media Media which in turns streams to other devices (PS3 mostly)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

azzeretti wrote: »
    Bloody hell! Some setup.....those dishes would last about 10 minutes in my house before either my little ones start swinging out of the them or the wife fecked the lot over that fence! Must be handy for adjustments though

Luckily the wife left me as she thought my satellite hobby was nuts!! My house is not very child friendly i must admit, thus i dont have kids!!

Reason those dishes are low is that they are nice and sheltered from the atlantic winds/weather and i can have a play with them when ever i want!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jpsr

Here is my old motorized dish, I'm in the middle of upgrading my sat gear.
    mmm where is my picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

will post pics tommorrow,have a 1m motorised orbital dish and tm600 as the receiver also have a sly dish with a quad lnb and sky +/hd box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Have a 90cm motorised feeding a vu duo in sitting room. Have a fixed 60cm with two lnbs pointing at 28 and 19 feeding kitchen and bedroom. Have a tm500 in kitchen and a solomend hd/pvr800 in bedroom.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Here's a pic of the wifes setup.

The CM 1.2m looks at NileSat. The Triax TD 110 looks at Arabsat.

She still uses her 11 year old Humax VACI 5300.

In total we use 6 sat receivers, I'll post more pics if the weather is decent.

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=7241

Below my setup a rotating CM 1.2m 35w to 50e, below it a T-90 giving me a fixed dish with 30e to 15w.

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=7242

Well thats it. :)

Now thats a setup Greenman!!! Im surprised you get Nilesat on a 1.2m there in Belgium?

snaps wrote: »
    Now thats a setup Greenman!!! Im surprised you get Nilesat on a 1.2m there in Belgium?

Thanks for that Snaps.

Re Nilesat we get all the verticals and some of the horizontals. Nightime brings a great improvement to signals.

Below a setup I had in 2000

picture.php?albumid=280&pictureid=1331

More pics to follow.:)

Great setup greenman, I seen your setup on another forum i'm on.

Your neighbours must love you? Its funny you have a 'his and hers' set up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Snaps,

Nice setup.

Which receiver controls the motor?
    What is the specs of your media pc?

picture.php?albumid=1376&pictureid=7243

picture.php?albumid=1376&pictureid=7244

My Vu+ Duo has a 1TB hard drive. I have a 8gb usb key in the Azbox.

I record to the Vu+ Duo, then FTP the files to my PC. Then convert them to divx. I use my Apple TV with xbmc to play the files.

RogerThis wrote: »
    Snaps,

Nice setup.

Which receiver controls the motor?
    What is the specs of your media pc?

Both the Edision and the Technomate can control the motor (They are on the priority switch, The Edision is on the priority). I can see from 39 east to about 54 west (Because the Dish is low to the ground anything beyond 39 east is behind buildings).

The PC spec, im a bit unsure of the CPU, Its a Pentium 4 anyhow, with 2*320GB HD, 2GB mem, Kworld DVB S card, Hauppage USB DVB T Stick and ive just added a AGP 512mb HDMI output video card. Running Altdvb on it for my tv viewing.

Both the Edision and the Technomate can control the motor (They are on the priority switch, The Edision is on the priority). I can see from 39 east to about 54 west (Because the Dish is low to the ground anything beyond 39 east is behind buildings).

The PC spec, im a bit unsure of the CPU, Its a Pentium 4 anyhow, with 2*320GB HD, 2GB mem, Kworld DVB S card, Hauppage USB DVB T Stick and ive just added a AGP 512mb HDMI output video card. Running Altdvb on it for my tv viewing.

I can't find many places selling priority switches. None on ebay anyways.
    I want to setup something similar for my AzBox. I want to be able to control the motor as well as using the other dish. Would I just need a priority switch and a Diseqc switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Apogee

Try contact Global Invacom directly for priority switches.
    http://www.globalinvacom.com/products/standaloneswitches.php

Hello,

As promised more pics.

This is inside.

From top right AZbox Premium HD for feeds. Below a Dream Box DM7000.These two are for me.:):):)

Then top left a FTA Smart receiver for the kiddies.

Below left the Humax VACI 5300 for the wife.

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=7247

Below my T-90 which I modded as I did not like the original LNB holder setup.

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=7248

A close up of the TD 110 for Arabsat, the wife allowed me to attach a Best LNB for Astra 28.2 connected to my shed:)

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=7246

Below a view of part of the disecq setup.

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=7249

Finally on this one the CM 1.2 and the TF-90:)

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=7245

Thats it for the moment.
    Your neighbours must love you?

Not sure if they love me but they think I'm not a bad neighbour.

Its funny you have a 'his and hers' set up!

Well it works well as we are poles apart re viewing. I listen to sat radio mainly and a bit of TV at night.:)

Apogee wrote: »
    Try contact Global Invacom directly for priority switches.
    http://www.globalinvacom.com/products/standaloneswitches.php

It's not available on their online shop.

http://www.globalinvacom.com/products/sps1.php
    "Sorry, not available to buy online"

But I have sent them an email to make an enquire.

Is there a reason why they are not so popular?

RogerThis wrote: »
    It's not available on their online shop.

http://www.globalinvacom.com/products/sps1.php
    "Sorry, not available to buy online"

But I have sent them an email to make an enquire.

Is there a reason why they are not so popular?

Not sufficent demand I suppose. Invacom are generally good at replying to emails I have found in the past, although they may have stopped production.

Another source:
    http://www.kjaerulff1.com/en-gb/p/40_DIGIALITY_smart_priority_switch

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

this is mine

finished today

it has been a long and tiring road, full of lone rangers and dont have a ****ing clue bastards but I finally got it going

motor.jpg

Can anyone post any picture of cable tv's masts, where they have there dishes etc. There was one in my town till a few years ago it was took down and moved on top of a local hospital and now run from fibre cable to dublin. I know they are not many of these left, but if anyone has pics please post. The one in my town i visited when i was a teen, it had maybe 2 or 3 channel masters dishes aswell as a few smaller ones, aerials etc.

• Advertisement

jpsr wrote: »
    Can anyone post any picture of cable tv's masts, where they have there dishes etc. There was one in my town till a few years ago it was took down and moved on top of a local hospital and now run from fibre cable to dublin. I know they are not many of these left, but if anyone has pics please post. The one in my town i visited when i was a teen, it had maybe 2 or 3 channel masters dishes aswell as a few smaller ones, aerials etc.

Do you mean something like this??

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=7250

You might be interested in this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055043728

Greenman wrote: »
    Do you mean something like this??

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=7250
    Ye greenman, thats brilliant thanks. Where was this picture taken.

Thats a very interesting thread and Apogee well done on your pics.:)

Thanks also apogee, just what i was looking for. I just love satellite dishes, does that mean im a freak, ha.

Ye greenman, thats brilliant thanks. Where was this picture taken.

If my memory serves me right I think it was somewhere in the south of England.

BTW Did you look at the http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055043728 thread? Lots of great pics there.

I just love satellite dishes, does that mean im a freak, ha.

If you're a freak then there is two of us:)

If you're a freak then there is two of us:)

Ha ha, At least i'm not the only one. I'm sorry i never took a few photos of the CMI mast, which stands for cable management ireland. It was in my town just a few mins up the road. When chorus took over it was moved on top of the hospital and when upc bought chorus/ntl cable in my town it was fed from dublin with fibre. The channel master dishes, mast, aerials are still on top of the hospital even though they are not in use anymore and on another part of the roof there is what looks like a 1.8 channel master. Oh would i love to get on that roof.

The channel master dishes, mast, aerials are still on top of the hospital even though they are not in use anymore and on another part of the roof there is what looks like a 1.8 channel master. Oh would i love to get on that roof.

Why not front up and ask for the dish. A pal of mine saw a CM 2.4 above a warehouse asked if they were using it, they said "no" he said "can I have it" and they said "yes" so he is now the proud owner of said dish. That was here (Belgium) but I know some in Ireland are a bit freaky re liability but thats another story.

If you don't try you will never know.

Keep us posted.

• Advertisement

Why not front up and ask for the dish. A pal of mine saw a CM 2.4 above a warehouse asked if they were using it, they said "no" he said "can I have it" and they said "yes" so he is now the proud owner of said dish. That was here (Belgium) but I know some in Ireland are a bit freaky re liability but thats another story.

If you don't try you will never know.

Keep us posted.

I done something simular last year at a bookies in town. As you know most bookies use 1.2 channel master dishes. 1 bookies got a brand new 1.2 channel master installed lower than the old one, so i went inside and asked, the manager. He said there was a problem with the old dish and the installer could not reach it, It was very high on a 3 inch pole over the peak of the roof, but it could of been took down, and all id say was wrong was a new lnb, or wind movement, not a big problem, so he said call back next week and he will ask head office. Called back the following week and he said no, they were keeping it. It's still there doing notting. Thats the irish for ya. I would'nt know who to contact for the upc dish as most numbers are customer service etc and the dishes are on top of a muti story hospital roof, I dont know how they got them up.

Advertisement