Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marathon des Sables 2013

• 09-07-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am signed up for the 'Marathon des sables 2013'. I am looking for past and futur participants, for tips and preparation to share. I am French and live in south Dublin. Roland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Learn to hike fast with walking poles. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rolandm

Oh! Thank you... :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There are people here who have done MDS, just please do not ask to see pictures of their feet. :eek:

Not really any idea about it myself, but the James Cracknell Discovery Channel program where he did it might be worth a watch. I'm sure it is constantly being repeated:
    http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/toughest-race-on-earth-with-james-cracknell/

You would be surprised at the amount of people who don't train to walk.

Also after you pack, unpack about a third of the weight. Or eat the weight faster. :-) the French contingent seemed to be better at carrying less weight than the Anglo group.

And my cute little toes only looked bad. I still have the feet of a hippo that does ballet. :-)

• Advertisement

Excellent! Thanks Robinph

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm sure your feet are lovely Zuppy, I think it might have been HM's toes that caused the distress. :D

Zuppy, did you carry your own compedes and other feet care or did you rely n MDS?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

there are a few other old threads on MdS here, if you search the forum...

Just found this dedicated MDS forum: http://www.themds.co.uk/forums/forum.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

The good folks at Likeys offer advice via their Facebook page, particularly in relation to kit which they sell.

Advertisement