Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

am i overpriced?

• 07-11-2011 11:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Im trying to sell my car at the moment and ive had it up for ages but not really had any interest, i dont know why!
    am i overpriced or is it because its automatic??, its an 03 peugeot 307sw , automatic gearbox, and i love it, just want a manual so i can learn to drive to pass my test properly.

any ideas??? i havent had it valued just put it at a price i think its worth and that i could buy something similar in manual.

oh forgot to say im pricing arond 5500

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭SIBERIA

Whats the mileage?

Best way to judge is to see what others are selling for, personally i think 5500 is quite expensive in the current market.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2659496

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

That seems a bit expensive for am 8 year old car. Unless it's got freakishly low mileage...

If you're trying to sell it for what you bought it for, cars do depreciate, sad to say.

If you like it so much, why would you change? To do the test in a manual, just grab a small hatchback from a friend or perhaps the bangernomics thread, sit your test and get it done with? Driving instructors rent out their cars too, I believe. Plenty of options availble to you, if sitting your test is all your worried about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Way overpriced, 3500-4k max is what you will get for it. Also factor in that it's an automatic and less than 1 in 20 cars of that size are automatic which leaves your potential market tiny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

bought it for about 12000 afew yrs ago, i know things have gone downhill that side of things, didnt think it would be that low tho!
    mileage isnt high prob a bit less than that one i the link, i would keep it and book a driving test car, ill probably have to,im not working and i just cant afford to get lessons etc and its driving me mad, theres no point getting lessons if i cant practise in between, and i was hoping to buy a diesel to try and keep my costs down that way as well.

thanks for the advice so far though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

that seems very high to me for a 2003 307.

If you have look at donedeal 307s here you can see what they are going for. seen a 2005 for 4300.

• Advertisement

If you lurk around here, you'd learn that Diesel is generally just a misconception people have, unless you're doing 20k miles + a year or need the low end grunt for trailers or something similar.

Why do you want a different car? Is that one not serving you well enough? :)

Opinicus wrote: »
    that seems very high to me for a 2003 307.

If you have look at donedeal 307s here you can see what they are going for. seen a 2005 for 4300.

thanks its a sw, so the bigger version, but yes looks like i am overpriced

barura wrote: »
    If you lurk around here, you'd learn that Diesel is generally just a misconception people have, unless you're doing 20k miles + a year or need the low end grunt for trailers or something similar.

Why do you want a different car? Is that one not serving you well enough? :)

just because im freaking out about passing my driving test!, 4th provisional, keep failing because i cant do gears. :o:o "just do it in the auto......."

What, why don't you just do it in the auto and live with it for a few months? Also, lessons are cheaper than buying another car to run, easily. I'd just stick with the auto and get your licence, it's still a full one so it should bring your premium down, if that's what you're looking for.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

barura wrote: »
    What, why don't you just do it in the auto and live with it for a few months? Also, lessons are cheaper than buying another car to run, easily. I'd just stick with the auto and get your licence, it's still a full one so it should bring your premium down, if that's what you're looking for.

I don't know, having a restricted license could be a major pain in the arse tbh. And having to go back and do the test again to get your full unrestricted license would be even worse. It's a tough one, but i'd be thinking you'd be mad not to do the test in a manual.

• Advertisement

I don't know, having a restricted license could be a major pain in the arse tbh. And having to go back and do the test again to get your full unrestricted license would be even worse. It's a tough one, but i'd be thinking you'd be mad not to do the test in a manual.
    Sometimes, they don't restrict the licence, happened to a mate of mine. Pretty rare that happens though, I'd expect... Regardless, the OP seems short on money, last thing they need is to be spending more money when the solution to their problem for the time being is to do the test in an auto as they have mentioned that they aren't so hot with a manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

What engine is it?

(start at the basics...)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If it's an auto then my money is on it being 1.6 litre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

5.5 K is crazy money for that car.

Advertisement