Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Still no support for YouTube, Netflix, Psone games.... Sony? Wtf? Is Europe not part of the world?

What about Skype? What's the point in a front facing camera if you don't even have a decent video chat app!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It took the PS3 a year to get in game XMB :rolleyes: and they've only just put in a competent internet browser. Not holding my breath, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

cloud493 wrote: »
    Yeah. No bliddy trophies :mad: and its essentially just bejewled.

Silly game tbh, I can't even play many games then it asks me to get some crystsals like wtf.. Think you need to pay for them too, no thank you...

Whist just won 1000 crystals for some random scratch card :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

god dammit i am soooo itching for mortal kombat!!!!!! FFS come on!!!! :o

i alreadt got 55 quid resting in my account for it :P. i hope i wont make a mistake and spend it on MvC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

god dammit i am soooo itching for mortal kombat!!!!!! FFS come on!!!! :o

i alreadt got 55 quid resting in my account for it :P. i hope i wont make a mistake and spend it on MvC!!!

Get Blazblue instead, Mortal Kombat is out May 4th you can save up your pocket money to get it.

• Advertisement

Is there a Killzone announced for the Vita... Play.com have it up for sale already... Try looking up videos but there all remote play videos of Killzone 3... Also when will I be fit to play games via remote play? I know a few PSN titles work..

Can not wait for Resistance :D

There is a killzone vita announced, there are screenshots floating round somewhere

killzone-ngp-20110211050811492.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

FYI for those looking for cases for their Vita, I recently purchased this from eBay.

Pros:
    - a hard cover with a snug fit.
    - space for things like earphones, a soft cloth, a USB cable and games.
    - A soft divider so your screen will not be damaged by said things.
    - A nice aesthetic [I like the silver ring - PSP-like]
    - Its a fiver!

Cons:
    - Not the greatest build quality [some stray fibres and such]
    - No dedicated area for games [I used the plastic game case that came with my starter pack.

Overall, I would recommend it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nice case!

I am a little pissed off that i cant buy PSP games in shops and play them There are loads out there that i want to play and i cant. THey are not on the PSN.

• Advertisement

There is a killzone vita announced, there are screenshots floating round somewhere

killzone-ngp-20110211050811492.jpg

Just copped there not sure if that is Vita title as there is an R1 button on that screen shot yet Vita only has R.. Unless it is an ancient image and Vita was suppose to have R1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I am a little pissed off that i cant buy PSP games in shops and play them There are loads out there that i want to play and i cant. THey are not on the PSN.

The US PSN has a much bigger catalogue of PSP titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Get Blazblue instead, Mortal Kombat is out May 4th you can save up your pocket money to get it.

Does it have some sort of story mode and something Su
    Omar to challenge tower like MK?

Bought rayman origins today, its lovely on the vita screen :D not sure what the **** these relics are, but lovely game.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Bought rayman origins today, its lovely on the vita screen :D not sure what the **** these relics are, but lovely game.

I was so tempted to buy that when I got Wipeout, I heard its meant to be one of the best titles on the Vita at the moment.

EJ22 wrote: »
    I was so tempted to buy that when I got Wipeout, I heard its meant to be one of the best titles on the Vita at the moment.

It is, its gorgeous. Uses the touch screen pretty well too, utiliizes it, without over using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Final Fantasy sale on PSN, so should be here on Wednesday.
    I want FFX to come out :pac: and might get FF Type-0, supposed to be good. Probably won't get Peace Walker again on PSN as you can't 100% it solo :/.

For some reason my Vita froze in Monster Hunter - which I've noticed also has some glitches that I didn't notice before. Monoblos stuck on a ledge on the top-most desert area, and then turning invisible in the same area when it got down..

Even though I suck at it (but beat the elder tigrex on first try this time around), i'll likely get one on vita if there ever is one released. The controls aren't quite as smooth as Gods eater with the second analog, even if it's a big help - only left/right and up/down in steps instead of 4(?) axis on GEB - Up/down, left/right and in between.

I've been playing too much MH and haven't played a whole lot of GEB (which is a new game) :/

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

EJ22 wrote: »

It is, its gorgeous. Uses the touch screen pretty well too, utiliizes it, without over using it.

Nice! I may have to invest in it after my exams. Motorstorm is distracting enough at the moment haha.

Also I also want FFX out. I love that game

Bet we won't see FFX till October :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Bet we won't see FFX till October :mad:

If it's out then, it will only be in Japan I'd guess with another few months wait for a EU/US release.

• Advertisement

Exactly :mad: I'm dying for it. Its only a re-release with trophies for goodness sake. Not rocket science. Ratchet and clank collection was announced less than a month ago and its out in May, and thats 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gadhafi

going to sell my vita, decided its not for me. just hope I don't lose much on it now :(

Gadhafi wrote: »
    going to sell my vita, decided its not for me. just hope I don't lose much on it now :(

You probably will :p man you should keep it!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gadhafi

You probably will :p man you should keep it!

There's no games out that are appealing to me and I can't see any releases that are making me excited. Maybe it's just I've grown out of gaming. I dunno, I'm just not feeling it with the vita :/

Big Knox wrote: »
    The US PSN has a much bigger catalogue of PSP titles.

Is it possible to connect to that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'm finding it rather difficult to sell my vita, nobody seems to be grabbing for it really. I think the hype has totally died down on it,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I'm finding it rather difficult to sell my vita, nobody seems to be grabbing for it really. I think the hype has totally died down on it,

How much of a discount were you selling it for?

I'd think that the people who would be buying it at this stage would still prefer a new one, maybe later when the system picks up you'll see people looking at used vitas for a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Varik wrote: »
    How much of a discount were you selling it for?

I'd think that the people who would be buying it at this stage would still prefer a new one, maybe later when the system picks up some more pace you'll see people looking at used vitas for a deal.

Bought a Wifi Vita, 8GB Card, the travel pack Wipeout, Fifa, Super Starburst and Frobisher Says is on it, selling for 320. So about a 60 euro discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Bought a Wifi Vita, 8GB Card, the travel pack Wipeout, Fifa, Super Starburst and Frobisher Says is on it, selling for 320. So about a 60 euro discount.

Would not personally buy one used but that still seems very high compare to a good bundle new or some of the better deals on adverts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement