Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

same here, ridiculously easy job and got loads of spare keys at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭daymobrew

PucaMama wrote: »
    Dodger has escaped again after we found the side gate open at 11am. This gate had been closed with a brick left behind it. If anyone sees him please let us know
    Sorry to hear about this happening again.

Can you put a padlock on the gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Just caught a chap trying to get in through the neighbours' front window across the way. Just happened to be going out to our wheelie bins.

The neighbours are running a light strip across the front of their house and it's powered from inside, but the cable is going through the window. The light strip was off, but the window was still noticeably open just enough to let the cable through.

I'll let them know when they get home from work, but tell yours neighbours and yourselves, to watch out for that stuff and don't make themselves an easy target.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

JoePie wrote: »
    Just caught a chap trying to get in through the neighbours' front window across the way. Just happened to be going out to our wheelie bins.

The neighbours are running a light strip across the front of their house and it's powered from inside, but the cable is going through the window. The light strip was off, but the window was still noticeably open just enough to let the cable through.

I'll let them know when they get home from work, but tell yours neighbours and yourselves, to watch out for that stuff and don't make themselves an easy target.

Where was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

dibs101 wrote: »
    Where was this?
    It was in Lohunda...
    Turns out it was my parents house!
    I didn't know JoePie was their neighbour but I was only giving out to my Dad at the weekend for leaving the little window ajar. I contacted JoePie and asked if it happened in Lohunda and sure enough it did...spooky
    Waiting to hear from my parents if anything was stolen

• Advertisement

fletch wrote: »
    It was in Lohunda...
    Turns out it was my parents house!
    I didn't know JoePie was their neighbour but I was only giving out to my Dad at the weekend for leaving the little window ajar. I contacted JoePie and asked if it happened in Lohunda and sure enough it did...spooky
    Waiting to hear from my parents if anything was stolen

Thanks for clarifying location. It's good to know what areas are being targeted by opportunistic burglars. At least then, strangers who are roaming around can be made aware that they are being watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

We had a break in last week. Someone climbed up on the extension and in through an open window. grabbed my jewellery box, left a tablet that was on the bedside table.
    I'm gutted. I didn't have anything expensive but several special, sentimental peices.
    More annoying is that I was away and it was the babysitter (granny) who left the window open.
    I'm definitely getting a house alarm next year
    We live in Mulhuddart BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Tomas_S

Last night at nearly 12 oclock, we were going to bed and had the lights out. Heard 1 knock on the front door with the cover for the post. Went downstairs and seen 2 women walking away and still looking back at the house.
    Looks like someone going around and checking for empty houses. This happened in hartstown.

Tomas_S wrote: »
    Last night at nearly 12 oclock, we were going to bed and had the lights out. Heard 1 knock on the front door with the cover for the post. Went downstairs and seen 2 women walking away and still looking back at the house.
    Looks like someone going around and checking for empty houses. This happened in hartstown.

I was actually driving to work the other morning leaving the house at around 6am and saw 2 girls and a fella standing outside a house, pitch black and freezing cold. They were not dressed like they were coming home from a night out all had hoods up and looked away when they saw me. Definitely thought it was suspicious, particularly when they would not make eye contact as a slowed down to get a look at them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I was actually driving to work the other morning leaving the house at around 6am and saw 2 girls and a fella standing outside a house, pitch black and freezing cold. They were not dressed like they were coming home from a night out all had hoods up and looked away when they saw me. Definitely thought it was suspicious, particularly when they would not make eye contact as a slowed down to get a look at them.

They sound hungover and miserable. Definitely sounds like survivors of a session to me tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Any chance one was short and blocky, the other thin and the girl relatively tall with black hair?

Any chance one was short and blocky, the other thin and the girl relatively tall with black hair?

Couldnt see very well in a short time but one had black hair and taller.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I wonder if this is the group I saw recently. A guy and two girls standing in a neighbours house. He was just inside the gate and they were outside so it looked like he lived there but they don't. I noticed them three days in a row as I was doing the school run. The woman who lives there was broken into and they haven't been seen since. It could be a coincidence but keep an eye out.

eviltwin wrote: »
    I wonder if this is the group I saw recently. A guy and two girls standing in a neighbours house. He was just inside the gate and they were outside so it looked like he lived there but they don't. I noticed them three days in a row as I was doing the school run. The woman who lives there was broken into and they haven't been seen since. It could be a coincidence but keep an eye out.

Where abouts was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Tomas_S wrote: »
    Where abouts was this?

Mulhuddart

There's a pair of brothers and a woman, all in mid 30's to late 30s, who are robbing houses left right and centre in the Mulhuddart area, particularly in Castlecurragh.

Keep your eyes peeled. These three have nothing to lose and don't have any fear of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Probably the same lot that did my house. Still free despite multiple convictions & breeding like rabbits

Knine wrote: »
    Probably the same lot that did my house. Still free despite multiple convictions & breeding like rabbits

You're on the nail there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What time of the day are these break ins happening? And are they coming in through front/back door etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

My brother was assaulted this morning by two guys around 4am and 6am. He was comming from a party at Corduff crescent and was heading to a friends at Ladyswell. He has lost two front teeth, stitches to the chin and a brused eye. They took his phone, wallet, keys and his watch.

He is currently in A&E waiting and has given a statement to the guards. A little while after, another guy was assaulted in the same area and is currently in A&E and is in a worse state than my brother. I will get more details later as I am in Norway and got a call from my parents about it so I only got bits and pieces but i will update on the exact whereabouts later.

Please be careful everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

My brother was assaulted this morning by two guys around 4am and 6am. He was comming from a party at Corduff crescent and was heading to a friends at Ladyswell. He has lost two front teeth, stitches to the chin and a brused eye. They took his phone, wallet, keys and his watch.

He is currently in A&E waiting and has given a statement to the guards. A little while after, another guy was assaulted in the same area and is currently in A&E and is in a worse state than my brother. I will get more details later as I am in Norway and got a call from my parents about it so I only got bits and pieces but i will update on the exact whereabouts later.

Please be careful everyone.

Oh gosh sorry to hear about your brother Mister Robinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Oh gosh sorry to hear about your brother Mister Robinson.

Thanks BabysCoffee.

Just got an update there. He is out of A&E with four stitches in his chin and a bruising around the eyes and his front teeth are broken. He said one guy approached him and asked him something. He then stood in his way as he tried to walk by and a second person jumped on him from behind.

I think he said it happened on the Castlecurragh heath road but I was a bit shook up when I spoke to him on the phone.

It is a terrible feeling to think it could have been worse but luckily he is okay and he is in good spirits. I just hope they catch who done this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Thanks BabysCoffee.

Just got an update there. He is out of A&E with four stitches in his chin and a bruising around the eyes and his front teeth are broken. He said one guy approached him and asked him something. He then stood in his way as he tried to walk by and a second person jumped on him from behind.

I think he said it happened on the Castlecurragh heath road but I was a bit shook up when I spoke to him on the phone.

It is a terrible feeling to think it could have been worse but luckily he is okay and he is in good spirits. I just hope they catch who done this.

Thanks for posting about this awful incident. It may prevent someone else getting hurt in the same way.

I hope your brother recovers well.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Someone going around castlefield woods last night trying the front doors to see if they are unlocked.

Happened around 5:30 yesterday evening. Garda where informed.

A few of us had a conversation here last week on burglaries etc, so this article is relevant. ahem ahem.

<SNIP>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sorry guys, speculation on an ongoing court case isn't allowed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

A car in one of our car parks in Waterville had all four alloys stolen yesterday, during the day. Car was left on bricks, one of which crumbled so serious damage done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

A van was stolen last night in the beechwood downs area of hartstown. With tools etc kept in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Trademark

Daybreak in Clonee village robbed this evening, from the Meath Crime Prevention Facebook page:

"This evening at approx 7.40pm a robbery occurred in the Daybreak shop in Clonee village. Two men entered the shop and threatened staff. The suspects had a claw hammer and an iron bar when staff were threatened. A small sum of cash was stolen during the incident. The suspects were covered up and unfortunately no direction of travel known. If you were in the area and saw the robbery or where the suspects went afterwards please call Ashbourne Garda Station on 018010600"

Advertisement