Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix from Iphone to TV

• 08-06-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have an Iphone 3GS and a Sony LCD TV with HDMI. If I buy the Iphone to HDMI cable, can I connect the iphone to my TV and watch Netflix from my iphone?
    I'm thinking of buying an Apple TV to use Netflix but I'd like to try it first.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Donie75 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have an Iphone 3GS and a Sony LCD TV with HDMI. If I buy the Iphone to HDMI cable, can I connect the iphone to my TV and watch Netflix from my iphone?

Thanks.

Not sure, but I think it should work.

I was thinking about an Apple TV as well, but we have one these

http://dexim.net/us/products/Audio-Video/DRA022.html

that my wife got for about €50 in CPW about a year ago. I plugged the iPhone into it to see if netflix worked, and yes, it does. Works great. We have it connected to an amp using the components cables, but I'm sure you can get a HDMI version of it too.

It charges the phoen at the same time, which is handy. And it's half the price of an Apple TV, so I'd recommend it.

Wayne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Donie75 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

Apple TV is designed to stream to your TV, an iPhone strictly speaking isn't but it can connect. It wouldn't be fair to use the iPhone experience to judge the performance of Apple TV.

Advertisement