Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show us yer tank! (DO NOT QUOTE PHOTOS)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

We have 5 tanks running at the moment, one is a fry tank so not much to show there!

The community tank - 95L
    34s13c6.jpg

Mixed Cichlid tank - 280L
    1934o1.jpg

Axolotl tank 1 - 60L
    2mh6gd4.jpg

That inhabits this little guy
    538251_458987940784420_100000196537567_96570013_1476177781_n.jpg

Axolotl tank 2 - 100L
    2mc911z.jpg

Houses two of these guys
    554720_418832708133277_100000196537567_1833317_1277392406_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Love the Axolotls! always wanted one myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

img1973j.jpg

img1968q.jpg

img1768l.jpg

img1750w.jpg

img1758ji.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

So this is the new tank containing:

3x Angelfish (2 male / 1 female)
    2x Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami
    1x Red Wag Platy
    1x Dwarf Gourami
    4x Apistogramma cacatuoides
    2x Plecos
    5-10x Snails (Malaysian Trumpets?)

Sorry bout the photos... took em on the phone last night

1.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not mine, but i thought it was a pretty cool idea (if you were a nerd like me) all the same. :)

8k35N.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I've a river reef 94l tank and three other tanks.
    Couldn't bear the noise of the fans so sold the marine fish and stuck the tank in the shed .was some energy guzzler as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Have a 120lt reef tank. The only item that makes noise is the skimmer. Also only 64wats when everything is on. They do cost more to run but not much more.

Skimmer is fine as I had changed the air intake .. The fans just ruined is as I had it upstairs and couldnt study with it.. Might get the fluval edge with LEDs there's a 24L and a 48L available

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I've a river reef 94l tank and three other tanks.
    Couldn't bear the noise of the fans so sold the marine fish and stuck the tank in the shed .was some energy guzzler as well

If the noise was loud then most likely that the propellor shafts were broken.

A pair of new shafts is only 5 euro in any pet store.

That was the problem with my 2 x Koralia 4s,both had broken shafts and make one hell of a racket.

Changed the shafts and both whisper quiet.:D

• Advertisement

I was given two fans as a replacement from the fish store as it was still under garuntee . After that they had no interest in helping so I realised it was just the €€€€€ they wanted.
    Might set one of they other tanks back up . Had a fluval filter and the water chemistry was perfect on it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Finally managed to pick this little one up...

208688.JPG

208687.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Axolotl! Is that the goldfish tank from the other thread, or is it just the same background? I'd love an axolotl but Mr S sez no way.

Nope, that's the 180l Rio which used to be my community one. The other half has wanted an axolotyl
    for nearly 2 years now so when that crashed I wasn't able to say no to her!

The other is still a goldfish tank. Tank 3 is the last one I posted in this thread: a subtropical and the fourth is a black pearl ranchu.

Ponyo is beautiful, awesome name too! How did you manage to get a baby from a shop? or was it a breeder? I've been looking for a leucistic for ages :(

We had one on order from Pet Co (on Kealan from Seahorse's recommendation) for nearly two months, finally chased them up on it and they told us they'd not been able to get one so we popped up to Kinsealy Pet Store to see if they could find us one and Ponyo just happened to be in one of their tanks :D

'twas probably more difficult finding the Ponyo ornament in the end!

Sleepy wrote: »
    We had one on order from Pet Co (on Kealan from Seahorse's recommendation) for nearly two months, finally chased them up on it and they told us they'd not been able to get one so we popped up to Kinsealy Pet Store to see if they could find us one and Ponyo just happened to be in one of their tanks :D

'twas probably more difficult finding the Ponyo ornament in the end!

A lucky find so :)
    They're becoming so hard to find, especially the other colour variants... I want all of them :D
    I can imagine, great addition to the tank though, so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

This is how she's looking lately. I'm never 100% happy with how it looks so the result is I regularly change it around.

e6812f6d.jpg

732ed970.jpg

69ef4c39.jpg

So heres a little update on the tank.

That's gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Getting MTS syndrome now have a 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

V nice tanks there! I myself have MTS, but at the moment I only have the one tank set up. Have to wait until I move before setting the other 2 up as I'm planning on planted tanks, which'll need about a month to mature :/

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

Some pics of some of my Tanganyikas. :)

Stupid question? but how do you get pics to appear in your post rather than be 'attached images' ?

Upload them to www.photobucket.com first,
    then hover mouse over image until options show up,
    then click ONCE on "IMG code"
    then in your reply to thread, right click - paste.

Or you can right click on the filename after attaching them to your post, copy link location and paste that between tags in the body of the post.

My tank as it is now - lost my other black ranchu, he developed a tumour which he was operated on for, however it grew back even larger a few months later and he just gave up, we decided not to put him through another operation and just let him go.

The large fish in the video, Loki, is about 9 inches nose to tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Haribo1358

im trying to decide on either a beardie or a chameleon and does any body know of any good pet shops with reptile stuff?

My two idiot goldfish decided to start a family. But only a small one, so they ate the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

your goldfish bred? Isnt that unusual? Well done if so!

• Advertisement

fungun wrote: »
    your goldfish bred? Isnt that unusual? Well done if so!

I think it's unusual for fancy goldfish to breed in an aquarium, at least, I hope it is, goldfish fry have no sense of self-preservation and goldfish have no parenting skills whatsoever, these guys are work!
    Only 3 made it though, so I doubt they'll be a success.

Advertisement