Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow Patrol & Florence And The Machine - Phoenix Park

• 20-02-2012 11:44am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Snow Patrol
    Florence and The Machine
    The Temper Trap

Pheonix Park - July 8th

Tickets priced €59.50 inclusive of booking fee are on sale at 8am this Friday, 24th February from:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Great line-up..

.. not a big fan of Snow Patrol's latest stuff.

But love both Florence and Temper Trap!

Am tempted but all I've heard about Phoenix Park as a venue is the shocking gig with the Chilli's a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Sure most outdoor venues are bad for sound.

The atmosphere is still good, will never forget Green Day at Marlay Park;).

Very tempted to buy a ticket for this, may as well just in case they sell out I need to cross SP off my list of bands to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Like Florence and The Machine BUT would never pay for another Gary Lightbody Self-Indulgent Fest

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76693694

Anyone reckon this will sell out quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ambp

Will Snow Patrol definitely be on last? Would go if Florence was on last instead, no interest in seeing Snow Patrol…

• Advertisement

Bagged my tickets this morning..
    Ambp wrote: »
    Will Snow Patrol definitely be on last? Would go if Florence was on last instead, no interest in seeing Snow Patrol…
    Since they're first billed - I'd say yeah, they'll be going on last.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ambp wrote: »

If that's the case then surely ya should be happy.

SnowPatrol will be on last, you leave after Florence and jobs a good 'un. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

Pre-Sale Tickets available here, found on snowpatrol.com.

Snow Patrol - PreSale Tickets

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm in too minds about this gig . I really like SP but i cant stand FATM so i think ill decide later on (if tickets are still there) .

I'm in too minds about this gig . I really like SP but i cant stand FATM so i think ill decide later on (if tickets are still there) .

I don't like FATM either but I reckon The Temper Trap will make up for them.

It says many more acts are to be announced so hopefully the smaller bands will be good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

2 tickets got, thats the anniversary present sorted anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Sold Out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

MCD

Snow Patrol, Florence and the Machine and The Temper Trap at the Phoenix Park on July 8th is now SOLD OUT

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hamiltron

Arrgh - too late! Seem to be sold out now. Have to keep an eye out for later ticket issuances.

MCD have stated that further support acts will be announced at a later date for this gig. I've been looking a the T in the Park Friday line up and this is how it reads. I'm just wondering if any of these acts could appear on the Sunday at Phoenix Park:

Snow Patrol - Confirmed
    FATM - Confirmed
    Temper Trap - Confirmed

Tinie Tempah
    New Order
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Sven Vath
    The Darkness
    Labrinth
    Professor Green

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MCD have stated that further support acts will be announced at a later date for this gig. I've been looking a the T in the Park Friday line up and this is how it reads. I'm just wondering if any of these acts could appear on the Sunday at Phoenix Park:

Snow Patrol - Confirmed
    FATM - Confirmed
    Temper Trap - Confirmed

Tinie Tempah
    New Order
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Sven Vath
    The Darkness
    Labrinth
    Professor Green

Cant see any of them being announced tbh . The fact its sold out they wont need anymore big names . Maybe they could add a few irish acts though

New Order are also playing Forbidden Fruit.. so can't see them playing a second gig.

Didn't get a ticket.

I would probably agree MCD are holding a few back.

Really hope we will hear some further announcements soon, some bands I'd love to see more than SP although SP would still be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Dunno if anyone else is subscribed to the MCD newsletter, but I got one yesterday in my inbox which said
    Snow Patrol and Florence + The Machine have confirmed a major outdoor summer concert at the Phoenix Park, Dublin on Sunday 8th of July!

The Temper Trap and Here We Go Magic have also been added to the line up.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 8am.

So it appears Hear We Go Magic will also play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭sporina

got tickets.

Would much prefer to go to the o2 gig though to see Florence. Not in SP anymore.

Anyone know how many minutes the o2 gig sold out in?

• Advertisement

is this gig sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

leaveiton wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone else is subscribed to the MCD newsletter, but I got one yesterday in my inbox which said

So it appears Hear We Go Magic will also play.

Can't see any others being added other than a local act. It's a 45K max capacity so it wouldn't pay them to add more to the bill.

sporina wrote: »
    is this gig sold out?
    Tickets not currently available from Ticketmaster

Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet
    Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later
    Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs
    On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at Ticket Centres or the box office

Sign up for My Ticketmaster and customise your own unique, personalised page where you can:

Store your information for faster checkout.
    View all your account activities in one convenient place.
    Get TicketAlert® emails for your favorite artists, teams & Venues.
    Find hot events in your area.

Keep checking ticketmaster though, tickets should eventually go back on sale.

MCD hold back most of the tickets for promotional purposes, I reckon there'd definitely be a good few left the weekend before the gig.

i have tickets but i will probably sell them.. i am not too pushed about going.. at least i know i will more than likely get a buyer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If you do a search on youtube you will find a rather excellent concert Florence did for Teenage Cancer Trust in the Albert Hall in London. Watched it streamed live last Tuesday on Hewlett Packard's youtube page and then they put the recording up for 24 hours on Thursday. Naturally people recorded it and put it up else where. Def worth a listen.
    Lets hope she can perform just as well in the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

sigh typical get tickets for me and the GFs anniversary and now can't take the Monday off work because 2 people are already off.

balls

Tickets back on sale for anyone interested.

Got mine just now:D.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Tickets back on sale for anyone interested.

Got mine just now:D.

Tickets gone again!!!:eek:

I got mine when they originally went on sale but I just text a few friends who had missed out and when they went onto Ticketmaster they were unavailable.

I just checked the site and this seems to be the case!!

You got lucky my friend!!!:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Would like to see Tinie Tempah added.

Fully expect MCD to release more tickets closer to the time.

• Advertisement

thebison wrote: »
    Would like to see Tinie Tempah added.

Tempah won't be added as he's supporting SHM.

If any more acts are announced for this gig it will be more Indie acts, like the three already set to play.
    thebison wrote: »
    Fully expect MCD to release more tickets closer to the time.

Keep checking people, keep checking.

Tickets go on and off all the time, if you try on a regular basis and are willing to mess around on TM anytime you're bored, it will happen.

Advertisement