Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Mate on TG4

• 27-09-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Watched The Running Mate on TG4 last night..didn't think I'd like the politics in Irish thing but was impressed. Forgot it was in Irish after a while!!
    Good acting etc...your man Paudie looks like he's based on Jackie Healy-Rae.
    Bit of a laugh!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

I enjoyed it, though I thought the attempts at humour were a bit pointless, like when your man farted and said "the wife's cooking foreign", also couldn't see why there were bits of English interspersed and then it changed right into Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

I was quite impressed by it. The story flowed quite well and I thought the characters were well written. Some of it was too hammed up like the Tánaiste and the Prague video and the farting.. But on a whole I'll definitely tune in next week to see where it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Caught the repeat last night . I thought it was terrific with a very good cast. Well worth another look IMO. A six part series I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I'm trying to see the episodes of this that have already aired on tg4.ie, the web tv section, but it won't play most of the programmes displayed. Anyone know is there a knack to getting the player working, or another place to get these episodes, please?

edanto wrote:
    I'm trying to see the episodes of this that have already aired on tg4.ie, the web tv section, but it won't play most of the programmes displayed. Anyone know is there a knack to getting the player working, or another place to get these episodes, please?

Looks like whoever put it up included part of the the previous programme and ads. It starts about 5.30 minutes into it and web player does not allow any kind of scrolling. So go make a cup of tea before you watch.

• Advertisement

hmmm, I'm still not getting it to work at all. I've tried IE&FF.
    Right now, I'm trying this link (http://www.tg4.tv/channels/DramaArchive.aspx?a=29826&title=The Running Mate - 26/9/2007) in IE, but I get nothing execpt a black screen. The counter doesn't start and if I right click and ask for error details, I'm told "Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library.."

So, can I just copy you? What browser are you using, what show etc?

Must be your settings so . I am using Firefox 2.0 and it is happily playing for me. http://www.tg4.tv/ is the link and just click on Dráma to find it. It also works fine in IE 7 and you can actually drag the mouse to the right place 5.30

Could be the firewall here, I've tried each of the settings. I'll check it out when I get home, when I have time to watch it anyways.
    Cheers

Hey thanks for all that help there. Worked grand from home, really enjoyed the show. It was way better than I was expecting, even after hearing it was good. Maybe it says more about my expectations than anything else! Gonna watch the second part tonight I think.

NP. Yes it is good stuff. Part 2 is better IMO. Part 3 in on TG4 tomorrow night @ 21.30.

• Advertisement

Well I caught up! Got to see the first two parts since Monday and then streamed tonights one straight from tg4.ie Quality service.

And a quality show!! It explores lots of things about politics in a pretty pacey way. Gonna stick with it for next week and see what happens on polling day.

Edit - Just found a page about this http://www.irishfilmboard.ie/news.php?id=477&PHPSESSID=06fd47c13132b2dbf7f7c44a59c12823

seems like it's only a four part series, so next week must be the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

is_that_so wrote: »
    http://www.tg4.tv/ is the link and just click on Dráma to find it.

Thanks for that link :). I missed the first episode and completely forgot about last night's one. It never occurred to me to check if TG4 had it online.

I'm quite enjoying this. It's easy to follow (or maybe it's just that I never had a problem with subtitles) the plot, humour and performances are all enjoyable and it's well made. Thumbs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 der1193

whats the song in the ad for the running mate on tg4

I've no idea, but does this mean that Running Mate is coming back to TG4?! Great, I'd love to watch it again.

I heard that the series was completely ready in early 2007, but TG4 delayed showing it before the 2007 general election in case it would have an impact. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that!

edanto wrote: »
    I've no idea, but does this mean that Running Mate is coming back to TG4?! Great, I'd love to watch it again.
    TG4 have been showing it on Sunday nights at 10.30 pm for the last three weeks. Final episode is on next Sunday.

Or you can catch up using the TG4 online service - http://tg4.tv/main.aspx?start=20&level=drama&sort=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

I thought there were only three episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Is this a new series or a repeat, enjoyed it first time round.

It's a repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 D0nal

Does anybody know where I can find this online? It sound's interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

it's on tonight 9:30 tg4 episode one.

bit tired, but might take a peek

Advertisement